Finally Back from Being Banned!

SAMPLE SOUND REVIEW

I couldn't understand why I was reported and banned. But I guess I need to disclose if I am using an affiliate link and some people don't link bitly links. I use these links to understand   my tracking information. I apologize for breaking any rules, I clearly disclose my affiliate relations of my website. I did not know I had to state it every time I shared a link. I saw other people not post this information and thought it was ok. However, I don't recall anyone warning me before banning me.

Edited by SAMPLE SOUND REVIEW

6 hours ago, SAMPLE SOUND REVIEW said:

I couldn't understand why I was reported and banned. But I guess I need to disclose if I am using an affiliate link and some people don't link bitly links. I use these links to understand   my tracking information. I apologize for breaking any rules, I clearly disclose my affiliate relations of my website. I did not know I had to state it every time I shared a link. I saw other people not post this information and thought it was ok. However, I don't recall anyone warning me before banning me.

unnamed.png

Please STOP posting in the wrong forum!

• Great Idea 2

And it unfortunately seems to need to be made more clear: since I definitely needed to review that mod post linked above to learn, you might want to re-read and note that affiliate links are not allowed at all - it isn't about disclosing when you use them, it is about not using them at all with regard to affiliate links.

I'll ignore the other stuff, when I was posting any deals (rarely since Lars always has the scoop, even on me the guy who works for IK LOL) I didn't use affiliate links but I'm also not allowed to sell in general per that post and I'm fine with that.  I would kindly suggest to re-read that moderator post linked above and play by the rules of the forum which graciously accepts us.

More unsolicited advice:  This is a cool place for anybody interested in music (and games, and other topics, which makes it even cooler) so why not participate about something I assume you love?  I have had some of the best times here when the discussion had nothing to do with IK, our products, or anything I'm paid to do (oops my superiors might not want to see that ;) ).  I've made friends, had great fun, learned a lot and hopefully shared some of my knowledge too along the way.

I've also made mistakes, been emotional or whatever, furrowed my brow, but then got over myself and whatever bothered me or whatever I was embarrassed of what I did and always felt welcomed overall by the fine folks here.

• Like 12

On 10/31/2022 at 10:57 AM, SAMPLE SOUND REVIEW said:

@SAMPLE SOUND REVIEWRe-read the moderator's sticky. No affiliate links, period!

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I've also made mistakes, been emotional or whatever, furrowed my brow, but then got over myself and whatever bothered me or whatever I was embarrassed of what I did and always felt welcomed overall by the fine folks here.

Haven't we all Pete.  We all have views and emotions but I have come to enjoy the Coffeehouse section. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

And it unfortunately seems to need to be made more clear: since I definitely needed to review that mod post linked above to learn, you might want to re-read and note that affiliate links are not allowed at all - it isn't about disclosing when you use them, it is about not using them at all with regard to affiliate links.

I'll ignore the other stuff, when I was posting any deals (rarely since Lars always has the scoop, even on me the guy who works for IK LOL) I didn't use affiliate links but I'm also not allowed to sell in general per that post and I'm fine with that.  I would kindly suggest to re-read that moderator post linked above and play by the rules of the forum which graciously accepts us.

More unsolicited advice:  This is a cool place for anybody interested in music (and games, and other topics, which makes it even cooler) so why not participate about something I assume you love?  I have had some of the best times here when the discussion had nothing to do with IK, our products, or anything I'm paid to do (oops my superiors might not want to see that ;) ).  I've made friends, had great fun, learned a lot and hopefully shared some of my knowledge too along the way.

And you have helped people with a lot of information, including me! Thank you!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Peter-IK,

I'll wait for you beside the parked car near the huge oak tree  to get that IK hook up on the side,.. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...