TC Electronic TC8210-DT Desktop-controlled Reverb Plug-in

cclarry

They had the Master HD on sale a month ago for $29 and it's about the best software purchase I've made in a very long time. I love the controller. It's so nice to have a tactile interaction with the plugin. And, now I cannot live without it. Hands down the best multi-band processor I've used and it now lives in an ever growing number of templates. My Sweetwater guy knows to use the Emergency Broadcast System to tell me when the Brickwall HD comes up for sale.

If this reverb is on par with the Master HD I'm all in!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

They had the Master HD on sale a month ago for $29 and it's about the best software purchase I've made in a very long time. I love the controller. It's so nice to have a tactile interaction with the plugin. And, now I cannot live without it. Hands down the best multi-band processor I've used and it now lives in an ever growing number of templates. My Sweetwater guy knows to use the Emergency Broadcast System to tell me when the Brickwall HD comes up for sale.

If this reverb is on par with the Master HD I'm all in!

Interesting products. I will check them out. I have been looking into getting a controller. I think if the TC1210-DT goes for that price i will bite. I am a big flanger and chorus geek. I never knew TC made these.

Edited by telecode 101

So, correct me if I'm wrong: this is basically a dedicated hardware controller for their reverb plugin, right?  Aren't I better off mapping my favorite reverb(s) to a generic controller (i.e. Faderport) - if I can actually do that. (?)

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong: this is basically a dedicated hardware controller for their reverb plugin, right?  Aren't I better off mapping my favorite reverb(s) to a generic controller (i.e. Faderport) - if I can actually do that. (?)

You say potato, I say poe ta toe...LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Yes..I think that's exactly what it is.

I debating between investing in this or Console One. From what I can see, TC sell a little housing kit where you can store a few of these little TC units. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mibby said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong: this is basically a dedicated hardware controller for their reverb plugin, right?

yes. 

3 hours ago, mibby said:

Aren't I better off mapping my favorite reverb(s) to a generic controller (i.e. Faderport) - if I can actually do that. (?)

yes.  

This is $29.  Think of it like a plug in with a kick ***** bonus.  Sell or gift if you don't want the clutter.  I got several just for gifts.  Hell- a buddy of mine uses it just for the meter (sends into it but doesn't send the output anywhere).  

The reverb itself-  I think it's slightly underated.  I think of them on the bright side out the gate.  Adding modulation is something I tend to always do.  I don't think I've even liked the spring reverb in it.  

Note: it's also this price on Ebay if you have Ebay bucks to spend.  

To be honest, i have been looking for some sort of external DAW plugin hardware controller thing. I am looking at the Softube Console one and waiting for the mk3 to come out and see what sorts of goodies Softube may offer to boost sales. But this TC thing looks really cool --as long as its not gimmicky. Its just that I rarely use reverb. So am waiting for the spectral  flager thing to go on sale for same price. And if its good, maybe combine it own the road with the brickwall limiter and eq at some point in future as those things i use all the time.

49 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

To be honest, i have been looking for some sort of external DAW plugin hardware controller thing. I am looking at the Softube Console one and waiting for the mk3 to come out and see what sorts of goodies Softube may offer to boost sales. But this TC thing looks really cool --as long as its not gimmicky. Its just that I rarely use reverb. So am waiting for the spectral  flager thing to go on sale for same price. And if its good, maybe combine it own the road with the brickwall limiter and eq at some point in future as those things i use all the time.

$409 for the MKII at Thomann

https://www.thomannmusic.com/softube_console_1_mk_2.htm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Nice price.  I got an open box one for that.  I was interested it in for the UAD control but I had a client that used it a lot so I wanted it on deck for the mixes we lined up so that convinced me to get one.  

I HATED it when I 1st got it.  But they came up with some updates, and now it's pretty dang cool too have all my Softube channel strips customized with my fav Chandler/Weiss/SSL/Tubetech/Empirical/etc however I want.  

My 2 main gripes:  hard to read- the LEDs are tiny, so you need good light on it to work with it.  It doesn't work with Modular- I know this one would be tricky due to the layout, but SOME usage would be helpful.  

• Like 2