BBCO Discover is completely FREE!

cclarry

BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover is now FREE!

No survey. No wait. Just the world-famous orchestra at your fingertips, magically squeezed into just 200MB for any PC or Mac.

An inspiring gateway into orchestral composition, BBC SO Discover features the same professional recording quality as both the Core and Professional editions.

Download now

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra-discover/

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Here are free BBCSO Discover templates for 10 different programs...

Christian Henson & Jake Jackson have put together orchestral templates for Logic, Protools, and GarageBand for use with BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover. The others were contributed by volunteers.

https://www.spitfireaudiothepage.com/posts/discover-templates

• Garage Band
  • Logic
  • Pro Tools
  • Ableton
  • Cubase
  • Studio One
  • Reaper
  • Bitwig
  • Dorico
  • FL Studio

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kevin H said:

I’ll wait until BBSO pro is free….haha

There are three versions

• Discover FREE
  • Core 449€
  • Professional 999€

I got the Discover version in the last April, and I think that it has been free always

Here the comparison table between all versions

bbcso_compare_desktop_13_01_21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niky Serrano said:

There are three versions

• Discover FREE
  • Core 449€
  • Professional 999€

I got the Discover version in the last April, and I think that it has been free always

Here the comparison table between all versions

bbcso_compare_desktop_13_01_21.jpg

No.  BBCO Discover was ONLY free if you completed a Survey, otherwise it was $49.
Now there is no survey.  It's just free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I have CORE because once you get Discovery, upgrades to CORE are sometimes a good deal. UNIFY adds some of the functionality to these libraries others offer in their packages using arpeggios and different mixes of instruments. I already had UNIFY so it was a no brainer for me.

I see the BBC orchestra a a very nice library, but it's a straight up library stand alone that you need to dial in the types of responses you want. If a person fancies pre baked orchestral passages instead of making their own, then UNIFY makes a good partner here.

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The best reason to get this is to use it with PluginGuru's DiscoverStation in UNIFY.

And a deep dive from our own @Simeon Amburgey

I wanted to put in how much this thing costs but I can't get to the Guru site for some reason.

@Reid RosefeltI was going to post DiscoverStation for Unify info yesterday, but since the Guru site was down I didn't want to send folks there yet.

And yes, DiscoverStation is amazing!!! PluginGuru has setup the library in two parts, one with his custom layered presets, and another with just the instruments from Discover, so that you can build your own layered presets.

The custom presets have layers that create anything from an entire orchestra mapped across your keyboard, to ensembles, sections, pads, BPM patches (tempo synced) with Unify MIDI FX adding moving strings and percusssion, etc.

You won't get that just using the Spitfire BBCSO Discover in your DAW, without setting up painstaking templates. In case you are not familiar with it, Spitfire player isn't multitimbral like Kontakt, so you would need to place an instance of each orchestral instrument in its own track.

But Unify presets can do this for you!!! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niky Serrano said:

image.png.e9f38c13642ac2b64a0047f387891cd3.png

Back in the day, the founder of GoDaddy and I would have these epic online debates about advertising/marketing strategy. He was a very interesting person and a very eccentric egomaniac, but not a whole lot different than many other successful execs. But yeah, GoDaddy is a terrible choice for website hosting and a mediocre choice for managing domains. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2