Native Instruments Session Guitartist Mint!

cclarry

SLICK SIX-STRING SONGWRITER

The versatile flavor of an iconic 1960 solid-body electric guitar now at your fingertips. ELECTRIC MINT lends a vast range of patterns, effects, and articulations to your compositions in one playable tool. Spark new ideas or add finishing touches, with organic tones for the freshest productions.

$99

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/session-guitarist-electric-mint/

Edited by cclarry

22 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I want this, but I think I can hold out for August/September and Komplete Ultimate CE 14. 

It is July.  Boy, time goes fast.

@Reid Rosefelt Is that a pretty sure thing (when they'll likely release the next KOMPLETE version)?  I haven't really kept track and, it is pretty fun, like a kid getting presents. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Reid Rosefelt Is that a pretty sure thing (when they'll likely release the next KOMPLETE version)?  I haven't really kept track and, it is pretty fun, like a kid getting presents. 

It's been that way since at least 2014.  New version comes out in even numbered years in August/September.

Everything that has been released officially since the last version was included in the new  version of Komplete.  Of course they mess around.  I was a bit surprised that Arkhis wasn't in Ultimate last time around.  Had to wait for the summer to get CE. 

Sometimes something new will come out at the time of a release that wasn't out before.

That's the way it's been, but there have been a lot of changes at NI.  What's going to happen with Soundwide? 

But my fingers are crossed that things will go on this year as in previous ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to use Native Instruments Guitar Mint in the Cakewalk DAW.
I am obviously doing things incorrectly. I can drag and drop from GM to CW but only the midi clip, not the sounds.

Looking through plugin manager I have Kontakt 5 listed but not Kontakt, and trying to use it just gives me a message to tell me that Kontakt 5 is too old. Fair enough, but no idea how to get the new Kontakt into the relevant lists for selection.

All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Squamate said:

Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to use Native Instruments Guitar Mint in the Cakewalk DAW.
I am obviously doing things incorrectly. I can drag and drop from GM to CW but only the midi clip, not the sounds.

Looking through plugin manager I have Kontakt 5 listed but not Kontakt, and trying to use it just gives me a message to tell me that Kontakt 5 is too old. Fair enough, but no idea how to get the new Kontakt into the relevant lists for selection.

First of all you need to update Kontakt to version 6, because Session Guitarist Electric Mint requires Kontakt Player or full Kontakt version 6.7 or higher. Kontakt Player can be downloaded here. If you own full Kontakt 6, you download it through Native Access.

Secondly, you can only play Session Guitarist through Kontakt, so it’s not possible to drag the “sounds” into a DAW.

When Kontakt (Player) 6 has been downloaded and installed, you need to scan Cakewalk (CbB) for new plugins for it to show. By default this will happen automatically. If it doesn’t, you need to open Edit > Preferences > File > VST Settings and press the Scan button for a manual scan.

When that is done, you add the plugin into an instrument track in CbB. Once you’ve found a combination of Preset, Melody (i.e. articulation) and Pattern in Session Guitarist that you’d like to use in your project, you arm your instrument track in CbB, press R to record and start playing. After recording, you should be able to play back your MIDI in CbB and hear the proper guitar patterns being played. Of course, you'd still need the plugin in your instrument track to hear anything.

As for the future, these kind of Cakewalk related questions are better posted in other parts of the forum, like Cakewalk by BandLab or Instruments & Effects.

• Like 1

Hello Canopus,

many thanks for the swift and detailed response. I got confused when the Mint manual said, "ELECTRIC MINT lets you drag and drop voicings, phrases and entire chord progressions into your sequencer or DAW. " 

Thanks again for the clarity.

1 hour ago, Squamate said:

I got confused when the Mint manual said, "ELECTRIC MINT lets you drag and drop voicings, phrases and entire chord progressions into your sequencer or DAW."

Yes, but the voices, phrases and chord progressions are still triggered by MIDI. Watch the official Electric Mint walkthrough at 1:57.

On 7/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

I want this, but I think I can hold out for August/September and Komplete Ultimate CE 14. 

It is July.  Boy, time goes fast.

I want it too, but I can wait until it goes on sale for $49.99 😃😁🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I want it too, but I can wait until it goes on sale for $49.99 😃😁🤣

That's why I have liked the NI business model for sales.  You know what the sales are going to be, so you can decide if you want something right away or if you want to wait. 

And if you do update Komplete each time, then a purchase of Mint for $49.99 can be sold for $49.99,

• Like 1