Is Cakewalk Windows 11 compatible?

DaveMichel

• 1 year later...

I just switched to W11 with building my new computer.  Lots of options for optimizing are hidden in different places now so took few day to sort that out.
Then just when everything is nice and back to normal a Windows Update trashed dozens of settings I had gone to great trouble to make. Not only that it deleted every signal shortcut I had created in Windows for things like folders and the different hard drives. Gone. Even the Main computer icon was gone??  

my audio settings got changed back to the Realtek which I had disabled. 
I haven’t had this kind of thing happen in a long long time. This is just like when W10 first came out all over again.  
This is W11 pro which I paid extra for because I was told you can customize it. 

• Meh 1

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

I just switched to W11 with building my new computer.  Lots of options for optimizing are hidden in different places now so took few day to sort that out.
Then just when everything is nice and back to normal a Windows Update trashed dozens of settings I had gone to great trouble to make. Not only that it deleted every signal shortcut I had created in Windows for things like folders and the different hard drives. Gone. Even the Main computer icon was gone??  

my audio settings got changed back to the Realtek which I had disabled. 
I haven’t had this kind of thing happen in a long long time. This is just like when W10 first came out all over again.  
This is W11 pro which I paid extra for because I was told you can customize it. 

Microsoft knows what you want better than you do, and they make it happen!

Edited by hockeyjx

the MS Edge and Defender products update fairly frequently as do runtimes due to bugs and other software installations. so after i see Edge open with "look at the new AI features we installed to better track you with" information page, the next thing i do is run the CW redistributables installer. 🙂 also after a version update on the OS. sometimes after software updates on  Sketchup.

also, depending on if you used hard or soft directory junctions - if you used soft version of the syntax, they disappear after a reboot...

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Windows 11 on my laptop works perfectly with Cakewalk straight out of the box - no tweaking at all

same experience. once i re-ran all the paid plugin installers, copied over the free ones without installers, and my templates, attached my project & content drives. almost no issues (those were mainly due to updates on the OS and Edge which were solved by installing the CW redistributables)

What's frustrating is this Computer is only a week old and you would figure a major update would have taken place during the set up. It's like it waited until I was up and running and did this. I had been manually running the updates every morning just for these reasons and experience with new builds from the past. It takes a few days for everything to be happy. 

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

What's frustrating is this Computer is only a week old and you would figure a major update would have taken place during the set up. 

true but then you need to get the Edge and A/V updates every other day... not really but it seems like it. plus the latest 22H2 just came out about a week or so ago (at least when i applied it).

• 3 weeks later...