Hornet Analog Stage free

Fleer

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Asking those more knowledgeable on mixing than me,  do you find this tool useful and when do you tend to use it? 

No way more knowledgeable than you, but I’d say AnalogStage makes your digital mix sound warmer, like a soft saturating distortion. It’s a perfect sister to Hornet’s Tape plug-in. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Asking those more knowledgeable on mixing than me,  do you find this tool useful and when do you tend to use it? 

I'd definitely recommend getting this one. I bought it and have no regrets. Like Fleer said, it adds some analogue warmth and I do like that it really works on a wide variety of sources. I'd happily buy it again 🙂

• Thanks 1

Any console emulation that I have tried is very subtle sounding on its own. Don't expect a huge difference while toggling it on and off to compare the effect. As with the emulation that comes with CbB, the difference is more pronounced as you add the emulation to more tracks and busses in the project.

Tried this one and is definitely a keeper even if just getting it for free!!! Nice meters, auto-gain is very good feature, and the emulation, though very subtle, is very well done.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

@PavlovsCat  You can also add saturation/distortion to a vocal/instrument to help it cut through a mix. Put it on there and crank it so you can hear what it's doing, then dial it waaaaay back. These sort of things pile up very quickly.

Thanks mibby, Fleer, MusicMan, and Sidney Earl Goodroe, I really appreciate the insights and will try what you mentioned,  mibby. 

• Like 1