Out of My Hands

treesha

I have been feeling more and more that so many things are out of my hands, so that is the feeling behind this song which ironically came out of my hands.   Used Kontakt stuff, and some dpro, addictive drums, and ample strat (for the 3rd time i think).  Thanks for listening and for any feedback, treesha

I enjoyed listening to this. Definitely the feeling I think many people are getting these days. Can't comment on the mix. I need a better setup when I'm away. Everything sounds mid rangy in these phones.

Thanks for sharing. It's a great pastime and a great outlet (making tunes).

-Tim

• Like 1

Hi Treesha , I gave it a couple of listens when you first posted it , but didn't want to prematurely respond with my first impressions. My first was the upfront vocals. I thought it was more of a reverb issue rather than volume. Second was the lack of a bass guitar. Played slowly and sustaining I think it would add a lot to the mix. Anyway .. both were confirmed. It's a great song and I think you sang it Very well. Hope to hear a remix ..    Enjoyed it    mark

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KurtS said:

Interesting song with some good sounds. I don't hear any bass was this on purpose? 

Hi KurtS, thanks for listening and your comment. I usually don't plan a song, I just play around, and for some reason I did not think of including a bass, so sort of on purpose ? I suppose I was satisfied with the massive x kinda bouncy sound having lows, and the dpro strings have some lows, so guess bass hadn't come to mind. But I will think about that when I revisit this song since you and another commented on bass.

Hi Tim, thanks for listening and your comments, glad you enjoyed it ! When mixing I was using Izotope tonal balance control and it showed a lot of energy in the mids so you are probably right about that. I agree making music is a wonderful and fun thing to do !

1 hour ago, mark skinner said:

Hi Treesha , I gave it a couple of listens when you first posted it , but didn't want to prematurely respond with my first impressions. My first was the upfront vocals. I thought it was more of a reverb issue rather than volume. Second was the lack of a bass guitar. Played slowly and sustaining I think it would add a lot to the mix. Anyway .. both were confirmed. It's a great song and I think you sang it Very well. Hope to hear a remix ..    Enjoyed it    mark

Hi Mark, thanks for listening and your feedback. I will revisit the mix when I have fresh ears for it. I have 2 vocal tracks, one with nectar and a low amount of reverb in there, and on the 2nd vocal track low in the mix with some reverb too. I will play around with the volume vs amount of reverb issue you mention.  I've had feedback before that my vocals are dry and not reverby so I am learning my way. The thought of a bass guitar didn't occur to me, but with 2 mentions of no bass in my feedback I will see how adding bass in the remix goes. With the bouncy stuff I think it would have to be sustaining vs another melody kinda bass like you say.  Thanks again

Hi Treesha, I have to agree with the existing comments here, after a couple of run through's, I got the impression it was a first take to hear what the overall song sounded like. For me I thought it was something worth a little love and time. Your vocal suits this song and there needs to be more emotion to convey the message, as said the actual backing does need work, bass & drums but the song is worth the effort.. I listen to your stuff and like it ...this is no different so I'd be interested in a later mix.

Steve   

• Like 1

Hi Steve, thanks for this and other listens ! Yes it needs more love and time and I will get back to it with fresh ears. I am curious to see how adding bass will be because its not something I had done, but will try it now based on the much needed feedback. I will also beef up the drums, probably change the kick. As for my vocals, as I have said before I am really struggling to sing since gaining pollen allergies, and with the juniper out and rising in amounts, I probably wont get a better take. I had to do this vocal attempt like 9am (and I am not a morning person at all !) before I went outside or opened doors. Honestly I don't even recall how many times I sang it at night (my usual music time) and tried to make it ok each time with tools but couldn't.  Part of why I was working on this an extra long time and lost my objectivity about the mix. Anyways, I will get back to it sometime soon,  thanks ! 

• Great Idea 1