Wool for sound treatment - seriously

Doc H

Probably put two-sided tape up on the studio walls? Or Velcro receiver strips?

That way, you can just hang them up. If you use nails or tacks, you'll have to through their skin, or feet, which could be a bloody mess.

I still don't get how you will keep them from bleating out whilst you are in recording mode. That's hard to EQ out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

That way, you can just hang them up. If you use nails or tacks, you'll have to through their skin, or feet, which could be a bloody mess.

I still don't get how you will keep them from bleating out whilst you are in recording mode. That's hard to EQ out.

Everyone wants to be a comedian!   Good joke but the delivery needs improvement ;)

Wait you were joking weren't you?

Side comment, since I had a coworker that went hiking for the first time in the dead of winter. Wool is used similarly for staying warm for extended periods and staying comfortable (cold weather, sailing, etc.). Base layer is cotton (remove moisture from skin), middle layer is wool (moisture management and insulation), and the top layer is tight-weave and water repellent (Gore-tex products for windbreakers are most common these days, since the Teflon repels most everything trying to get in).

BC3E6F67-7105-47DD-86BE-CF45C5254706.thumb.png.6534124b12680fbfa89740d691b10969.pngBC3E6F67-7105-47DD-86BE-CF45C5254706.thumb.png.6534124b12680fbfa89740d691b10969.png

9 hours ago, John Nelson said:

Not to be a downer, but any material you use for acoustic treatment should be fire retardent.

Believe me, I did a full evaluation of the material. I had to as part of an acoustic design class at Berklee College of Music. I’m not about to hang something in my studio that is not flame retardant. Like you would have with denim or some foam material. Data sheets attached. 

FullSpecSheetMarch2021.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

iZotope RX 9 Sheep Bleat Removal Tool works great for eliminating Sheep Bleats. Though it does require you to select which regional accent. Seems to have a bit of a problem though between American Standard and Texan Sheep.

12 hours ago, Doc H said:

it does require you to select which regional accent

I've occasionally wondered if animals have regional accents. Many years ago the owner of a dog rescue centre in Zakinthos told me that most of the dogs there ended up being rehomed in Scandinavian countries and it gave me visions of a Greek dog trying to understand what it's Swedish counterpart was trying to convey....

Sometimes I have too much time to think........

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, paulo said:

I've occasionally wondered if animals have regional accents. Many years ago the owner of a dog rescue centre in Zakinthos told me that most of the dogs there ended up being rehomed in Scandinavian countries and it gave me visions of a Greek dog trying to understand what it's Swedish counterpart was trying to convey....

Sometimes I have too much time to think........

In the future there will be universal translators for animals.   Even between species:

Dog: "Hello!"

Cat: "F*** You"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RobertWS said:

In the future there will be universal translators for animals.   Even between species:

Dog: "Hello!"

Cat: "F*** You"

As a small child, I thought that dogs were male and cats were female.....

Make of that what you will.

• Haha 1