Izotope Black Friday Deals

cclarry

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

For those of us in the EU, Plugin Boutique https://www.pluginboutique.com/ has offers up on izotope products, including bundles.

I mention this because I'm unable to buy izotope products on JRR Shop. It's a shame because, with the exchange rate, I would have been able to pick up some treats for even less.  

Can you explain how you are unable to buy them, please? I haven't had any issues with JRR and I live in EU and they have my real address.

50 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Can you explain how you are unable to buy them, please? I haven't had any issues with JRR and I live in EU and they have my real address.

It's always with izotope products. It might be because I'm in Italy.

When I log in to my JRR account and select the izotope product on offer, I get the following message:

image.thumb.png.1f3ed294b0d9af60e4ab5f610f53ae33.png

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Correct...and that would be THE most critical one...there are even still slight differences
with the others...but RX is the big one...

Fair enough - didn't realise about the other ones. At the least, this should calm some fears about iZotope going 100% subscription - they still offer their best products for standalone purchase only.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, antler said:

Fair enough - didn't realise about the other ones. At the least, this should calm some fears about iZotope going 100% subscription - they still offer their best products for standalone purchase only.

Although I was reading that the new CEO for the combined NI/iZotope company Mark Cattini, is described as having  "a knack for focusing and accelerating SaaS businesses in ways that other executives often overlook".    

https://www.kvraudio.com/focus/native-instruments-and-izotope-unify-leadership-teams-53193

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

I would have gotten the sub with the $49 offer had it had RX Advanced...
that was the deal killer for me, because I already had everything else, so
there wasn't any reason to do it

The reason I said what I did, and I should have qualified, I personally don't care about stuff like spectral editing, on cost wise, and I own previous all advanced models. With the exception of RX, (don't care), it is cheaper for us to be on sub with the way iZotope does their costs of each upgrade, and more specifically the release model. It always worked out a LOT more expensive each year. The latest pro releases match the advanced versions, and they are constantly adding new features. All inclusive.  My RX looks like full advanced to me, it definitely has more modules than when I was on the standard one.

A good alternative to subscriptions is buying once and never upgrading, unless absolutely necessary.

I could see a need for professionals to use a subscription service if they are earning a living with the tools, but otherwise for amateurs and hobbyists...

• Like 1