[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

restarted the machine and found it slow to load the same project that gave CRASH and the loading started working again.

Sound is only played if all BUSES are soloed.

If I change SOLO during playback, the sound will still work.

I don't know if this is expected behavior.

This is with build 133? If you are having solo issues please zip and send a link to the project folder. That is the only way for us to check because it is project specific.
We can’t help with JBridge problems. If you have a crash send us the dump file.

Also @Milton Sica its not clear when you started seeing the bus solo problem. Is it only in build 133 or were you having this problem earlier? If you load the project and play is it silent? Did the problem only happen after doing an audio export or bounce etc?

8 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

When exporting using Shared Wasapi....

A bang at the start of the export.

image.png.c9f9b4bce8cdd8a187c46256f591fcdf.png

This is not related to the solo issue. From the picture this looks like tails not being flushed. Have you manually changed the BounceFlushTailsMaxDurationSec variable? 
If that value is set to the default of 20 it may be a different non plugin related buffering issue that we can investigate.

5 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I didn't change anything in this variable. 

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. I changed the PLAYBACK export to 350.

When trying to export again I received a message that did not have enough message for the operation and CRASH TOTAL.

This is all with the project I made available now.

Some plugin may not accept a high buffer size of 350 so don't use such a large buffer. Set it to 100

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks for sending the project. Since there is some audio missing I substituted some alternate audio.
However I am not seeing any obvious problem in the build 133. I can hear all the buses in your project.
Can you please explain with steps how to reproduce the solo issue you are having? You can PM me if you like.

image.png

16 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Matthew Simon Fletcher @chris.r @Jacques Boileau This is resolved in build 133. It should also automatically repair solo states for any projects that might have had issues in the past because I've improved the solo logic for tracks. Let me know if its working for you now.

Hi Noel - can confirm that's repaired it!
Fantastic work as always; i'm so grateful for your efforts on this!

Was also delighted to see:

"Optimizations to speed up project loading with projects containing high track counts."

Is that anything to do with the fact that the test case I sent over had 519? 😆

Edited by Matthew Simon Fletcher
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 11:35 PM, Hung HIT said:

I updated to 2021.09 build 120. And right after that, continued to update build 123

I really like the new Export. Very fast and convenient rendering of individual tracks, but still through full FX. This is something I've been waiting for for a long time.
Many thanks team!

Currently I am having the following error:
I can't play the project without the SOLO button on for all the tracks. Same picture.

image.png.d07b945b220ae2aca2a8d2b4b62f2b92.png

This does not happen with all projects. But this is the 2nd project that I encountered. To play the project, you must enable SOLO.

In previous updates, August and earlier, I never had this error.

Hope someone can help me fix this error, or, the next update will fix this, for example.

@Jonathan Saso @msmcleod  @Noel Borthwick @Jacques Boileau 

Thank you to everyone who responded so quickly. I've been busy the past few days, and when I come back, it's very emotional to have people care about my problem.

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

I simply updated build 133. And to my surprise, the previous 3 projects were working normally, with NO DIFFERENCE to do.

Again, I'm very appreciative!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Thanks for sending the project. Since there is some audio missing I substituted some alternate audio.
However I am not seeing any obvious problem in the build 133. I can hear all the buses in your project.
Can you please explain with steps how to reproduce the solo issue you are having? You can PM me if you like.

@Milton Sica I was able to get your project with all your audio after redownloading it. However both Jon and I don't see any problem here. It loads and all tracks and buses are audible. So I'm not sure what remaining problem you are seeing with audio being silent. In build 133 its working fine.

• Like 1

Can you please make it to where selecting audio in the clips pane overrides the selection of a plugin in the effects bin? 

What happens is, I'll be working in the effects bin with plugins, then I want to move on to editing, I select some audio, press delete, and it deletes the last effect I had selected from the bin. I have to then undo the delete, click somewhere in the clips pane, and then re-highlight the clip I want to delete and press delete. 

Very annoying. It would be amazing if you guys could fix that. :) 

14 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Definitely not seeing that. I click on a clip and it deletes the clip not the last effect. How exactly are you selecting audio. Probably best to make a video but post that in a different thread not the EA thread.

I am selecting with right click drag selection tool. Not left click clicking. If you left click to select with a plugin selected, it deletes fine, but if you use the right-click drag box to select, it will delete the last selected plugin. Try that. 

2 minutes ago, Aithen DeJhemani said:

I am selecting with right click drag selection tool. Not left click clicking. If you left click to select with a plugin selected, it deletes fine, but if you use the right-click drag box to select, it will delete the last selected plugin. Try that. 

Right because right click isn't changing the current focused item. We'll log it.

• Like 1

Can you guys please add an option to "Disable selected track's effects" so that when wanting to turn off many effects on tracks without deleting them after a bounce down you don't have to go down each track and disable each effect manually? 

I often will bounce many vocal tracks down to stereo but want to keep the original tracks and effects in case I need to change something, but I want to disable the effects after the bounce to conserve CPU. When I do this with dozens of tracks having to go down and disable each plug in manually can be very time consuming. 

It would be great if we could just select multiple tracks, and disable the effects with one click. 

Dear Sir. A couple of days now I am struggling, there silently in the playback audio while I can see it register the meter moves and also in the recording.  The driver I have installed and in use now in this, is the latest version of ASIO4All v2 - 2021    . Sound audio is (RaalTeck Audio) Laptop >Windw10.  So what can I do to hear the playback sound?.

2 hours ago, Sharifu Ahmed said:

Dear Sir. A couple of days now I am struggling, there silently in the playback audio while I can see it register the meter moves and also in the recording.  The driver I have installed and in use now in this, is the latest version of ASIO4All v2 - 2021    . Sound audio is (RaalTeck Audio) Laptop >Windw10.  So what can I do to hear the playback sound?.

In preferences switch to WASAPI shared mode. We cannot offer support for ASIO4All and its unnecessary to use this with onboard audio devices.

• Like 1

Hi, out of the blue, when I try to save as a Cakewalk Bundle File I'm getting: "Project contains edits from AudioSnap operations... Do you wish to continue?"

I have never received this message (in 30+ years) and I'm scared to say yes, and afraid if I do I will loose some of my tracks.

I did go to Preferences/Snap to Grid and checked Audio Transients, but I'm still getting the message when saving as a CWB, and out of the blue...strange.

I also tried saving my file  with an undated file name.

Since installing 2021.09 (Build 120, 64 bit), I have saved Cakewalk Bundle Files with no problems.

Respectfully,

-Michael Heavner

• Earl Access 2021.09 (Build 120, 64 bit)
  • Dell Precision
  • 1 TB Solid State M.2 Hard Drive
  • 3 4TB Solid State Hard Drives
  • 8 Core i9-9900k CPU 3.60GHz
  • Ram 128 GB
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
  • Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Generation
  • MOTU micro express

Edits from AudioSnap.JPG

Edited by Michael Heavner
  • Thanks 1