[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

4 minutes ago, Hung HIT said:

I updated to 2021.09 build 120. And right after that, continued to update build 123

I really like the new Export. Very fast and convenient rendering of individual tracks, but still through full FX. This is something I've been waiting for for a long time.
Many thanks team!

Currently I am having the following error:
I can't play the project without the SOLO button on for all the tracks. Same picture.

This does not happen with all projects. But this is the 2nd project that I encountered. To play the project, you must enable SOLO.

In previous updates, August and earlier, I never had this error.

Hope someone can help me fix this error, or, the next update will fix this, for example.

@Hung HIT - can you zip up your project folder and send it to @Jonathan Sasor?  Hopefully we can work out what is going on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

Regarding Aux Tracks:

Still have issues. I already worked out a bit along with Will, and he suggested a new routing that should work. 

But, still don't have the expected results.

I'm trying to export audio from an aux track containing Adaptive Limiter on it. The exported audio is distorted.

To reproduce:

1. Configure an aux track
  2. Insert Adaptive Limiter, configure for max gain (-0.5 Db Ceiling), without distorting.
  3. Export Audio using Tracks Through Entire Mix category.

The exported audio get distorted.

So you're 100% sorted now with your sidechain issue on Tracks Through Mix export? It follows your every command and you get exactly what you want?

9 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes please send this ASAP. Are you using sidechains or aux tracks?

Also to add to this. Sometimes when you get out of mute the tracks stay muted until you mute and unmute them. 

I didn't think much of it before and took this as a CPU overload, but certain events and some feedback 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/33744-solved-problem-sticky-solo-only-one-track-plays/

Here two more recent threads which I cant seem to find now with the same issue. For me this happens at least every other week, but though its because of too much strain and over working the system. I work 10hrs a day - sometimes 16hrs. So I couldn't really make a diagnose of this to give feedback. 

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

So you're 100% sorted now with your sidechain issue on Tracks Through Mix export? It follows your every command and you get exactly what you want?

Yes! thanks. Forgot to report.

When sidechaining to aux tracks and then exporting Tracks Through Mix  - it's working just fine!

7 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Yes! thanks. Forgot to report.

When sidechaining to aux tracks and then exporting Tracks Through Mix  - it's working just fine!

Glad I could help. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Hung HIT - can you zip up your project folder and send it to @Jonathan Sasor?  Hopefully we can work out what is going on.

Could this be related to the same error? I kept a copy of the project file before trying the fixes described in the post. If it can be useful for you to debug I can make it available.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks.

I explain the relevance that this little information would have for us to improve our projects in terms of efficiency.

We know that VST3 plugins have better performance and, therefore, in the inclusions we made we already prioritized making them with this type, as the inclusions menu brought us this.

It happens that we can open projects where the option to choose between VST3 and VST2 plugins was not possible/visible as in the current menus.
So, with the addition of this little information, as I suggested, it would help us to improve the performances of our current projects, either by being able to choose to include the VST3 version for the old plugin if it exists or by improving the way we work with it. within the application with the setting for JBridge when VST2.

I hope I was able to clarify the reason for my request.

Thanks.

Please update your knowledge on vst2 and vst3. Especially vst2 32-bit and 64-bit where the performance could play a roll.

More exactly, very few vst2 in use today are 32-bit and have a need for jbridge.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Kurre said:

Please update your knowledge on vst2 and vst3. Especially vst2 32-bit and 64-bit where the performance could play a roll.

More exactly, very few vst2 in use today are 32-bit and have a need for jbridge.

And VST3 performance is definitely not necessarily better than VST2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

@Kevin Perry @Kurre

Thanks for the feedback.
In general I always prefer 64-bit VST3s.

With your opinion, I was wondering what was the reason for putting these details in this menu....

And not be able to be in this help message as well???

Noel wrote that there was no time for this release, I don't think he dismissed the idea completely. 🙂

Note that VST3s can still sometimes be buggier and have less features than their VST2 counterparts. This was the case for many years with u-He synths like Diva... (as an example, see this old u-HE FAQ that was true for many years, but note that it's no longer current news).

Edited by GreenLight
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hung HIT said:

I updated to 2021.09 build 120. And right after that, continued to update build 123

I really like the new Export. Very fast and convenient rendering of individual tracks, but still through full FX. This is something I've been waiting for for a long time.
Many thanks team!

Currently I am having the following error:
I can't play the project without the SOLO button on for all the tracks. Same picture.

image.png.d07b945b220ae2aca2a8d2b4b62f2b92.png

This does not happen with all projects. But this is the 2nd project that I encountered. To play the project, you must enable SOLO.

In previous updates, August and earlier, I never had this error.

Hope someone can help me fix this error, or, the next update will fix this, for example.

Just confirming I've also experienced this, except strangely in mine, it's only guitar that will play unless soloed!

I was wanting to do a little bit more testing given that i'd recently raised another bug that turned out not to be specific to this release!
This isn't occuring on all projects, but on the project that I have encountered it, it seems to remain if I go back to pre-release build. I was going to work around it by opening up an older working version of the project and then copying across new changes.

I can send over a project with this issue later that may help to diagnose this if you need another example?