[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

Upgraded to 2021.09 build 120 64 bit

and it seems to crash out a lot!

The latest one, I was just playing my project and after a verse it went quiet.

Source
Cakewalk Application

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎14/‎09/‎2021 21:27

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Cakewalk.exe
Application Version:    27.9.0.120
Application Timestamp:    613a4746
Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.19041.1110
Fault Module Timestamp:    e7a22463
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000010bc11
OS Version:    10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    2057
Additional Information 1:    108a
Additional Information 2:    108af0384854619f77ac18936b5d5865
Additional Information 3:    4ed5
Additional Information 4:    4ed56071069a682f056ddf056cb95ab1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    31f603d93f5fe9ef5cd2e38008f05603 (2076972517216507395)

Previous crashes involved a Rapture session track, setting midi output to MS GS wavetable (failed as per) but then disappeared. Just playing on a loop. 

The crash file itself appears to be empty and inaccessible.

My project is only basic, One AD2 track, 11 audio tracks with 9 muted.

Having decided to try an instrument track today, it would appear that it has crashed out each time as there has been no changes saved.

Any ideas?

Report.wer

@Noel Borthwick  I have now found the dmp files (20 - 23MB) in "appdata/local/crashdumps"!

I don't do any cloud based storage - bar Bandlab strangely enough, so I will have to think on it and see how bad it gets. No crashes in previous months, 3 since update, but I did update Libreoffice as well.

Edited by stevebell001
Added correct CW version and now the crash file - possibly! And a response.

Hello Cakewalk team. 

Since I installed this version, the bounce to clips command takes 15-30 seconds PER CLIP to bounce down, which normally takes only a second or two at most. 

I use this command so often that with it hanging so long each time I try and use it, it drastically increases the time it takes to do simple tasks in a project, and makes the workflow unbearably slow.  Can you please fix this? 

Also, with the new bounce to tracks box, be sure to make it to where pressing "ENTER" on the keyboard maps to the "OK" button on the dialogue box.  It used to, but it doesn't anymore. 

• Thanks 1

cbb_BounceSelectedRange.jpg

text is working ! ..ok, these new additions just keep getting better!
these might already be known issues.
1) How to bounce to track preselected clips? Currently could not select that clip and bounce because the new bounce window option was time range etc.

FEATURE REQUEST
2) If this new bounce options will be used please make a way to rename the track and way to number it before bouncing.

reRLQkrxmZd8c1jqWS9lLD4W6?token=eyJhbGci

Edited by sadicus

33 minutes ago, Aithen DeJhemani said:

Hello Cakewalk team. 

Since I installed this version, the bounce to clips command takes 15-30 seconds PER CLIP to bounce down, which normally takes only a second or two at most. 

I use this command so often that with it hanging so long each time I try and use it, it drastically increases the time it takes to do simple tasks in a project, and makes the workflow unbearably slow.  Can you please fix this? 

Also, with the new bounce to tracks box, be sure to make it to where pressing "ENTER" on the keyboard maps to the "OK" button on the dialogue box.  It used to, but it doesn't anymore. 

The bounce to clips issue was reported and fixed two days ago. You can download the fix below.

Also in the next release we have optimized this even further. The delay was because of effects flushing which we're now doing for bounce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevebell001 said:

I have now found the dmp files (20 - 23MB) in "appdata/local/crashdumps"!

I don't do any cloud based storage - bar Bandlab strangely enough, so I will have to think on it and see how bad it gets. No crashes in previous months, 3 since update, but I did update Libreoffice as well.

@stevebell001 20 MB is pretty small if you zip it you may be able to attach it to the forum itself. Without a dump we can't investigate crashes.
You can upload it to google drive, dropbox, one drive or any other free service and post a link.

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio 

uad  can't handle multiple plugins in the same session set to the same sample rate.

Issues like this can be project specific so if you have a recipe save a simple project file with audio and send me a link.

Noel,

Hope you are well!

I used the project I sent you before but made it very small. One guitar track with multiple plugins on the track. Every time I duplicate that track with Events, I get a Sample Rate Error and a Buffer Size Error.

I put the project on Google Drive link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGZU0jzDyYJ4pH5nNcMU_75vdGribJKr/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help!

Roc

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Another one : When using the Task Queue function, the Export Location is not respecting the selection when it's changed to a different folder . Audio goes directly to the Export Audio default folder.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here.  The export location is stored inside the task at the time it is added. That way, each task can have a different export location.

Changing the export location in the dialog will not change the tasks - you'll have to recall each one and update them.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here.  The export location is stored inside the task at the time it is added. That way, each task can have a different export location.

Changing the export location in the dialog will not change the tasks - you'll have to recall each one and update them.

You are right. My mistake - new workflow, lot's to learn. 

Regarding Aux Tracks:

Still have issues. I already worked out a bit along with Will, and he suggested a new routing that should work. 

But, still don't have the expected results.

I'm trying to export audio from an aux track containing Adaptive Limiter on it. The exported audio is distorted.

To reproduce:

1. Configure an aux track
  2. Insert Adaptive Limiter, configure for max gain (-0.5 Db Ceiling), without distorting.
  3. Export Audio using Tracks Through Entire Mix category.

The exported audio get distorted.

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

Regarding Aux Tracks:

Still have issues. I already worked out a bit along with Will, and he suggested a new routing that should work. 

But, still don't have the expected results.

I'm trying to export audio from an aux track containing Adaptive Limiter on it. The exported audio is distorted.

To reproduce:

1. Configure an aux track
  2. Insert Adaptive Limiter, configure for max gain (-0.5 Db Ceiling), without distorting.
  3. Export Audio using Tracks Through Entire Mix category.

The exported audio get distorted.

@Andres Medina - we've worked out why the Entire Mix bounce gets distorted.

An Entire Mix bounce mixes ALL of your audio outputs into a single stereo wave.  The way you've got your projects set up, is having your Master Bus going to 1&2, and Speakers going to 3&4.

So the bounce is mixing the outputs of 1&2 and the outputs of 3&4 together, causing it to be twice as loud.

You'll get the same issue when using categories of:

• Tracks through Entire Mix
  • Entire Mix
  • Arrangements
  • Arranger Sections
  • Mix Recall Presets

The workaround, is to mute the mains output for 3 & 4 before you do your bounce, e.g:

image.thumb.png.a9b7986bf93b3de4e6e5b6a1fbf08a35.png

To get the mains into view, drag the vertical splitter bar to the extreme right of the console view.  Alternatively,  use the inspector when your Speakers bus is the active bus:
image.png.9d5a2640806ace661aa225b5a2777dfd.png

• Like 1

I updated to 2021.09 build 120. And right after that, continued to update build 123

I really like the new Export. Very fast and convenient rendering of individual tracks, but still through full FX. This is something I've been waiting for for a long time.
Many thanks team!

Currently I am having the following error:
I can't play the project without the SOLO button on for all the tracks. Same picture.

image.png.d07b945b220ae2aca2a8d2b4b62f2b92.png

This does not happen with all projects. But this is the 2nd project that I encountered. To play the project, you must enable SOLO.

In previous updates, August and earlier, I never had this error.

Hope someone can help me fix this error, or, the next update will fix this, for example.