[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

We can now import multiple MIDI tracks linearly.  "To import back-to-back instead of multiple tracks, hold down CTRL+SHIFT when dragging the MIDI files into a project."

I just discovered you can do the same with audio tracks...  Is this new?

It would have saved me so hours on a project a few years ago when I had to load several audio files but, wanted them one after another all on the same tracks.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

In preferences switch to WASAPI shared mode. We cannot offer support for ASIO4All and its unnecessary to use this with onboard audio devices.

I just installed build 134 on my laptop, and ran it on the onboard soundcard, amazing. Perfect sound. Bandlab will automatically switch to WASAPI

But everyone should still use a dedicated soundcard, the sound will be better, more accurate for monitoring. Personal opinion.

I have been using Sonar CakeWalk since 2010, and have never had any intention of switching to another software. Now it's free to use, supports continuous updates, and listens to user feedback. So grateful for that!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aithen DeJhemani said:

Can you guys please add an option to "Disable selected track's effects" so that when wanting to turn off many effects on tracks without deleting them after a bounce down you don't have to go down each track and disable each effect manually? 

I often will bounce many vocal tracks down to stereo but want to keep the original tracks and effects in case I need to change something, but I want to disable the effects after the bounce to conserve CPU. When I do this with dozens of tracks having to go down and disable each plug in manually can be very time consuming. 

It would be great if we could just select multiple tracks, and disable the effects with one click. 

This has been possible for years. But post this in the Q&A forum. 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/12-qa/

11 hours ago, Aithen DeJhemani said:

It would be great if we could just select multiple tracks, and disable the effects with one click. 

You are correct.

I agree, it would be logical that the quick groups would work for this as it works for most other functions  -however the fx bin bypass button doesn't seem to be linked in a quick group like most other controls.

Maybe make  new feature request. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michael Heavner said:

Hi, out of the blue, when I try to save as a Cakewalk Bundle File I'm getting: "Project contains edits from AudioSnap operations... Do you wish to continue?"

I have never received this message (in 30+ years) and I'm scared to say yes, and afraid if I do I will loose some of my tracks.

I did go to Preferences/Snap to Grid and checked Audio Transients, but I'm still getting the message when saving as a CWB, and out of the blue...strange.

I also tried saving my file  with an undated file name.

Since installing 2021.09 (Build 120, 64 bit), I have saved Cakewalk Bundle Files with no problems.

Respectfully,

-Michael Heavner

• Earl Access 2021.09 (Build 120, 64 bit)
  • Dell Precision
  • 1 TB Solid State M.2 Hard Drive
  • 3 4TB Solid State Hard Drives
  • 8 Core i9-9900k CPU 3.60GHz
  • Ram 128 GB
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
  • Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Generation
  • MOTU micro express

Edits from AudioSnap.JPG

This is as intended and been that way for 15 years. Bundles compact audio into a single file and it's not compatible with audio snap edits

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michael Andreas said:

We can now import multiple MIDI tracks linearly.  "To import back-to-back instead of multiple tracks, hold down CTRL+SHIFT when dragging the MIDI files into a project."

I just discovered you can do the same with audio tracks...  Is this new?

It would have saved me so hours on a project a few years ago when I had to load several audio files but, wanted them one after another all on the same tracks.

This is, apparently, not new, but I had wondered about this for a while as well and now am happily utilizing it because of your mention here. Not related to the EA release, but a nice boon nevertheless. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is as intended and been that way for 15 years. Bundles compact audio into a single file and it's not compatible with audio snap edits

I can confirm that this message is new for me as well.  I don't use Audio Snap - never have - and I now get the same message when saving as a cwb.

Not a show stopper to be sure just odd.

2 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

I can confirm that this message is new for me as well.  I don't use Audio Snap - never have - and I now get the same message when saving as a cwb.

Just out of curiosity, what's the use case of saving in the old .cwb format?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

If the message is popping up you have user edited transients in your project, perhaps inadvertantly. You can ignore that warning and save if you don't care about the edits.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Also, you can save the project as a regular CWP file, plus adding the check box in "Copy all audio with project". That way you don't get the warning message and can retrieve your whole project, audio included+edits.

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Like 1

I just checked the latest build..  On the bounce to tracks box, ENTER or RETURN is not mapped to OK, so you are forced to use the mouse to click 'OK'

Is it possible to have it to where you can just press ENTER/RETURN to hit OK to start the bounce?  On the old box it worked fine. Small fix but helps with workflow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 9/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

We just updated the EA build to 134.  Build 134 has a single fix to address a hang with the Realtek ASIO driver. If you have this driver installed you can update to this build to try it. We've unblocked this driver from the compatibility list for now.

Thank for your support! This version is great! The new transient function saves me a ton of time as well as the new export functions!

If you can let me know what to do about the UAD duplicating track issue I have, it would be greatly appreciated. I can contact UAD if you don't see any issues with Cakewalk. Also, if I need to start a thread for this let me know.

Thanks again!

Roc

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the use case of saving in the old .cwb format?

Portability.  I collaborate with people literally around the world (and have through the years made them Sonar fans) and its much easier posting a .cwb  on an ftp or sharing site for them to retrieve to add tracks, make production changes, etc.

I've been using cwb's (and their predecessor bun files) for 20-odd years and after thousands of projects only had one cwb go bad - and I'm 90% sure that was user (me) error.

• Like 1

Ok..  134 Build issue... I was doing an arranger export and I cannot. No error message or anything just does not work and the spinning circle does not stop the progress bar stops as well and goes back to the time on the track Video include 

Edited by Xel Ohh