Ableton 20% off + FREE Upgrade to 11

cclarry

5 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

I am THRILLED to finally get comping in Live!

I had my copy of suite 10 for sale on KVR but pulled it because of comping. Have joined beta programme to see if any good. 

Also I’m not going to be able to sell it for the price I wanted as not  worth as much if 11 coming 😭

I upgraded from Live 5 to Live 9 Standard, and they threw in an upgrade to Live 10 Standard for free.

So far I haven't seen anything that made me wish I had Suite, except maybe for some tutorials that used Suite-exclusive features. Hate when they do that!

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm done with upgrading to Suite.  It's a waste of money.

Very true, not long ago I paid £179 to upgrade to 10 and have barely used it. Now I have to upgrade again to make the thing sellable I guess. Hmm

Edited by tom

Im teetering on the edge doing this upgrade to 10 standard ( I have 9 Standard ) which also gives me 11.

I predominantly use CW but do have a soft spot for both Ableton and Reason. The Q is .. Is it worth the €97 to upgrade my 9 to essentially 11 .. I ask myself why would I spend the cash if I already am mainly using CW .. the fights that go on in our heads :D

23 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Im teetering on the edge doing this upgrade to 10 standard ( I have 9 Standard ) which also gives me 11.

I predominantly use CW but do have a soft spot for both Ableton and Reason. The Q is .. Is it worth the €97 to upgrade my 9 to essentially 11 .. I ask myself why would I spend the cash if I already am mainly using CW .. the fights that go on in our heads :D

I'm of the opinion that Ableton Live is a good companion to  a traditional DAW. A good alternate DAW, so to speak, that offers some rather unique creative workflows that are difficult to achieve otherwise. If Cakewalk is your main DAW, then you would probably not want the overlap of another traditional DAW like Reaper, Studio One, Cubase, etc.

But Ableton Live has less overlap. And Ableton has a friendly upgrade policy, so you do not have to upgrade every version. I was able to upgrade a license for Live v5 from years ago to Live v9, for a low upgrade price same as any existing user.

But as far as Live v10 goes, Ableton finally added VST3 support in v10.1, so that's important!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I like it for looping which I use to practice and play around with ideas. I'm on 9 std, but it doesn't support vst3 and I have a couple plugins that are vst 3 only. For $135 I'll probably upgrade. What has me on the edge is that zenbeats seems to cover my looping needs.

Edited by rsinger
  • Thanks 1