Sign in to follow this  
Starise

The Mystery

So I was basically trying out Elysium harp and made some mood music......or meandering whichever you prefer to call it. I still don't think I've work with the harp enough to understand it totally. This is intended to be relaxing music.

The Mystery-

Edited by Starise
  • Like 1

Very soothing and nicely orchestrated though I thought the harp could have been brought out just a tad more.

Thanks for the comments guys! I agree bjornpdx. After a few more listens I think the harp is a bit under done. Kloon, you are not the first to say you didn't find the music totally relaxing. I had another person say the same thing making me reconsider the whole approach since that was my goal. 

I don't want to clutter up the songs thread, so I'll post another recent example of the Elysium harp here. Note that I haven't used a fraction of what it can do yet. I usually prefer to play my harp parts in without any arpeggios.

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the comments!

I guess you can tell I haven't been around these parts recently. I'm still trying to get the feel of it here. Maybe it's all of that orange?

That's two more terrific songs to add to your list.  I find this entire genre to be generally relaxing.  Keep on learning new instruments, my friend.

I must echo the comments above.  I found both songs relaxing and well done.  If this is your first effort with the harp then well done!!

Starise, very well done. You maybe might drop the piano out and let it come back in (on the first piece) - sometimes it's a  busy arrangement and you might prefer trying a section with less going on, to increase the chill or let it breathe.

Or, not! Really nothing wrong as is.

The ending, which is great, shows a more chill mood.

thanks for sharing that, it was very nice piece to let the mind meander through.

-Tom