Synapse Audio - The Legend HZ released (not a deal)

trager

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JT3Jon said:

Interesting. I thought Hans was a U-he guy?

The Yellowstone cowboys have entered the chat. Hans, you have something that belongs to John Dutton - and he wants it back! 

Edited by Craig N

32 minutes ago, Craig N said:

The Yellowstone cowboys have entered the chat. Hans, you have something that belongs to John Dutton - and he wants it back! 

U

He

And the horse he rode in on!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Vst0nE said:

bit expensive upgrade for 200 presets, think better get novum on sale for this price

Someone figured that out.   Slap a well know name only to DAW users and charge more money.  You see that often with guitar gear.

Are you people insane? This thing is way more than just 200 new presets. ***** $29 plugin trend and people's ridiculous cheapo mindset…

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

It took me a few seconds to go to their website and find out what's new with this version, so why state something like "just 200 more presets" as if it's fact?

Multiple features have been added to The Legend HZ that were previously unavailable with The Legend.

These include an additional three oscillators (and with them an added polyphony setting), a modulation matrix, a 32-step sequencer, an MSEG for added modulation controls, and an expanded effects section.
The Legend HZ even contains a fixed filter bank that was modeled after Hans Zimmer’s personal Vintage 914 Fixed Filter Bank, an exceptional and rare piece of hardware.

Moreover, 200 factory presets developed jointly by expert sound designer Kevin Schroeder and Hans Zimmer have been added.

Now, you might still say that this is not worth the upgrade price for you, but don't make the deal worse than it is. Many people will be absolutely delighted with this upgrade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Solidos said:

It took me a few seconds to go to their website and find out what's new with this version, so why state something like "just 200 more presets" as if it's fact?

Now, you might still say that this is not worth the upgrade price for you, but don't make the deal worse than it is. Many people will be absolutely delighted with this upgrade.

True, but consider he was just stating an opinion. Some of us, like me, are primarily preset pushers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, overbit said:

Maybe they have chosen wrong name. 

Many people will regard this as just the legend + HZ preset pack.

But why?  Zebra HZ was a special version of Zebra (added features) and Legend HZ is a special version of Legend.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The three additional oscillators (6 total) and 12-voice polyphony are pretty significant.

For folks looking for something like the Moog One (in a virtual instrument), this is getting closer.

In fact, those who were (are) disappointed that Moog One wasn't a "polyphonic Mini Moog"... may like this better.

There were some recent videos comparing the original Legend to the hardware Trigon-6.

(Trigon-6 sounds good... and it's easy to program.  The only things I didn't like are the short keyboard and limited 6-voice polyphony.)

In those videos, The Legend sounded very close to the Trigon-6.

With 12-voice polyphony and other extended features, The Legend HZ is a legit Moog style poly synth.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Like 4