Big New Gear Day

I'll finally have my own dedicated studio and music room soon.

I close on a house tomorrow back home here in NJ.

I'm excited, scared, thrilled, terrified. 

It was brutal in this housing market, especially here, but I finally found the perfect place.

Can't wait to get everything set up again and get back to making music and living ...

• Like 11
  • Great Idea 1

40 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I'll finally have my own dedicated studio and music room soon.

I close on a house tomorrow back home here in NJ.

I'm excited, scared, thrilled, terrified. 

It was brutal in this housing market, especially here, but I finally found the perfect place.

Can't wait to get everything set up again and get back to making music and living ...

What town in NJ?

4 minutes ago, craigb said:

Although I can't think of any reason why someone would want to live in New Jersey, CONGRATS Shane! 😉

I left in 1995, and while I'll never say NEVER, odds are infinitesimally low. The money I'd lose is profound going back there, and bluntly, not worth it for me. YMMV

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

Can't wait to hear what you come up with aster such a long hiatus.

What DAW and interface will you be using? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it.

I still have my Presonus Studio 1810c interface. It's been a great interface for me. Once I got the routing figured out I was really getting in to mastering with hardware. Even with my hardware set to default, it just adds something I like that was easier to achieve than using VST's.

I still have some of my gear in storage in MO. I have to make one more trip to pick it up and my larger tools. I have several very expensive large tile saws and a few other large items I didn't want to sell when I left. 

I'm pretty much dedicated to S1 now until the next generation of CbB comes out. I'll definitely take a look at that. I love S1, but I still can't warm up to the GUI after all this time.

For now I'll still be using my old PC, but it worked perfectly for my needs. Iirc it's an i6700k?

Well, gotta go make a very large wire transfer. Closing in 1 hour.

I'll respond to the why and where questions later. Lol.

On 4/29/2024 at 8:17 PM, craigb said:

Although I can't think of any reason why someone would want to live in New Jersey, CONGRATS Shane! 😉

Neither can I. Anywhere north of Vero Beach Florida is too cold for me. IMO ice and snow only belong in two places (1) the upper section of your refrigerator or (2) your cold drink. ;)

Congrats Shane, I hope it turns out better than you expect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Neither can I. Anywhere north of Vero Beach Florida is too cold for me. IMO ice and snow only belong in two places (1) the upper section of your refrigerator or (2) your cold drink. ;)

Congrats Shane, I hope it turns out better than you expect.

Can’t say I don’t agree. Loved snow when I was younger but once I retire my wife and I are heading south! Anything below 50 degrees is too cold at this age…

• Like 1

I'm still too warm (my body runs hot, always has), so I enjoy the cooler weather we have in the Pacific Northwest.  That said, when it does snow, I just stay inside until everything has melted!  We keep the house at 62 F to save money since most of the rooms don't get much of any use.  We both own coats and I have a heater under my desk if needed.  I can still go walking at 50 F without a coat too.  I'm now in my 60's (although I identify as a 33-year old! 😁), so maybe when I hit 70 or 80 I'll want warmer weather?

• Like 1

One nice thing about the USA, is there is a climate for just about every type.

I love Florida, and don't even use the Air Conditioner in the summer. I painted the roof white, and planted shade trees around the house, but not over the roof.

The white roof reflects the hot air up, and the cooler air from under the trees come in to replace it. It seldom gets over 80F in my house, no matter how hot it is outside.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

It seldom gets over 80F in my house, no matter how hot it is outside.

80F and I'm dying of heat exhaustion. I always turn on the AC at 75F. Heater comes on at 65F or lower.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2024 at 6:26 PM, Bapu said:

80F and I'm dying of heat exhaustion. I always turn on the AC at 75F. Heater comes on at 65F

Basically, I'm one of those whiney, impossible to please types....

Fixed.😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ok. Finally have a few minutes. Between working my first job, moving, and running my brothers business while he's recovering from surgery, it's been a tad hectic lately. One day I'm down in a crawl space fixing broken pipes and the next day I'm dressed up working on a copier in an office. Lol.

Family is the real reason I moved back to NJ. I was born here, moved away 26 years ago, and have been back almost 2 year to the day actually. May 20th.

I still have one brother, one sister, and my dad left. When they are gone I'll probably move again. They're a lot older than me. I turn 53 in a few days, my brother is 64 and my sister is 72. Dad is 86. It was time to come home.

I do miss MO and IA though. They are truly great places to live if you don't mind the cold. It's a different cold than here in NJ. Too much humidity from the ocean here. Very dry in the Midwest.

I haven't said anything, but I guess everyone can read between the lines. My wife and I parted ways after 25 years. It was a mutual thing and not a bad parting so all is as good as it could be in these situations.

But the only reason I came back was because of family. My ultimate destination is Utah. I absolutely love it there. We went there for vacation one time and was only supposed to spend 2 days just passing through. We changed our plans and ended up staying 2 weeks.

I'm between Belvidere and Washington now out in a rural area. I took over all the maintainance at a small apartment complex 5 minutes up the road from me. First real job I've had since I retired 12 years ago. Been here for 2 years now. I stumbled onto it literally 3 days after I got back. It was like it was meant to be. I was terrified nobody would hire me at my age and being out of work for so long and boom, after 3 days of being back I was working again.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's been a heck of a ride the last 2 years. Quite a change from the comfy life I was used to.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I'm between Belvidere and Washington now

I had to look at a map to see where those places are and now that I have done that I'm thinking that everyone who is from Buttzville probably says that. 

"uh, yeah.....my home town.......it's uhm.......near Belvidere......yeah, sort of between there and Washington"

:)

Good luck with the new chapter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paulo said:

I had to look at a map to see where those places are and now that I have done that I'm thinking that everyone who is from Buttzville probably says that. 

"uh, yeah.....my home town.......it's uhm.......near Belvidere......yeah, sort of between there and Washington"

:)

Good luck with the new chapter.

Being from South Jersey, I realize if I never heard of a place, it is most likely North Jersey :P

• Haha 1