Been a while, so-Is it worth going to Win 11 Pro?

First, I already own a legal copy. I just remember back when it was first discussed - endorsements weren't too great!

How about today? I am at win 10 Pro. Have been seems forever. No issues really.

Thanks

There is a free program that disables the two security requirements in the WIndows 11 iso and allows it to install. Mine’s been working great for a couple of months.  Do a search.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 2

I just built a new computer in November. So I had to purchase the OS. W11 Pro was only a few bucks more than W10 Pro. It's different in some ways. I don't like the the way explorer works now. Still tripping me up. And they totally changed the Sound settings dialogue and made it harder to customize stuff. You have to always use the Search to find things like the control panel. Because it's a new computer everything is running supper smooth and fast so I see no issues with it performance wise. My Motu interface stopped crashing. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

I just built a new computer in November. So I had to purchase the OS. W11 Pro was only a few bucks more than W10 Pro. It's different in some ways. I don't like the the way explorer works now. Still tripping me up. And they totally changed the Sound settings dialogue and made it harder to customize stuff. You have to always use the Search to find things like the control panel. Because it's a new computer everything is running supper smooth and fast so I see no issues with it performance wise. My Motu interface stopped crashing. 

you can open the classic control panel by holding down the windows key + R.
Type in control. This will bring up the classic control panel.

If you want access to the classic services window. Again, hold down the windows key + R.
Type in services.msc. This will bring up the classic services window to turn off some windows services, etc.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

I don't like the the way explorer works now. Still tripping me up. And they totally changed the Sound settings dialogue and made it harder to customize stuff. You have to always use the Search to find things like the control panel.

Things like this John are what I was\am concerned about. 

Posted (edited)

Well more to think about. I even have new Samsung 980 Pro 1TB sitting in the box on my desk. Hmmm? I should have mentioned that I think , for me, it's time I did a clean Windows install-hence my question and concerns..............

Thanks for the input folks-It's much appreciated!

Edited by Pathfinder

6 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Things like this John are what I was\am concerned about. 

No need to be.

When you find your program for the first time, simply pin it to the start menu. I’ve done that for Control Panel, Services, Task Scheduler, System etc plus the apps that i use frequently.

Loving W11 here on desktop and a so called un upgradable laptop.

J