Studio One 6.6 Released

Brian Lawler

I've read through the four pages and I'm still a little confused. I'm mostly a Cubase user, but I've kept S1 updated.

From what I can tell, I have a perpetual license to S1 v6 purchased early January 2023. I have the option to upgrade to 6.6 when I boot up S1.

If I pay nothing, I don't get that new lead vst, but I can use 6.6 forever? At some point if there is a v7, I can join Hybrid + then. Is that right? Other than the exclusive vst and other possible exclusive content, there's no reason to pay for Hybrid + now?

Thanks!

PS just watched Lead Architect video. Might have to get it if I decide to start an ELP tribute band. /s

Edited by artturner

3 minutes ago, artturner said:

I've read through the four pages and I'm still a little confused. I'm mostly a Cubase user, but I've kept S1 updated.

From what I can tell, I have a perpetual license to S1 v6 purchased early January 2023. I have the option to upgrade to 6.6 when I boot up S1.

If I pay nothing, I don't get that new lead vst, but I can use 6.6 forever? At some point if there is a v7, I can join Hybrid + then. Is that right? Other than the exclusive vst and other possible exclusive content, there's no reason to pay for Hybrid + now?

Thanks!

I believe the VST is part of the 6.6 Update...but not sure.

With Hybrid after you pay for the year you own Studio One Perpetual, but it's not upgradable ever.
So if Studio One 7 comes out while your sub is active, you'll get 7 and that will be what you keep.
That's what's making it a bit more "tempting"

4 minutes ago, artturner said:

Thanks!

The Studio One 6 perpetual license that you bought grants you every update until SO7 comes out, so no worries there for you. When 7 comes out you can decide to buy a perpetual license upgrade (which will again grant you every update until SO8) OR subscribe to Studio One+ Hybrid for 1 year (which will additionally give you access to things like that new synth while you are subbed) and at the end of the sub you will get a perpetual license of the studio one version that is out at the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

With Hybrid after you pay for the year you own Studio One Perpetual, but it's not upgradable ever.

Where did you read that? As far as I know you can upgrade that perpetual license from the sub like any other.

2 minutes ago, Solidos said:

Where did you read that? As far as I know you can upgrade that perpetual license from the sub like any other.

Nope...NON-UPDATING:

Can I continue using Studio One Pro after my Studio One+ Hybrid subscription has expired?

Yes, if you decide to cancel your subscription, you will own a non-updating Studio One Pro license after your Hybrid plan ends. An active Studio One+ Hybrid subscription is only required for access to exclusive Studio One+ tools, content, and features. After your Hybrid plan ends, you can get access to Studio One Pro’s major "point" release updates (Ex. X.1, X.2, etc.) by purchasing a Studio One+ Monthly plan, renewing your Studio One+ Hybrid plan, or purchasing a standalone Pro perpetual license upgrade (Pro-to-Pro) at any time. All three purchase options are available for users on non-updating Pro licenses.

29 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That makes it $134

😲

So in effect, right now you can get a (non-upgradeable) perpetual license for Studio One Pro 6.6 for $134. And that license comes with a year's access to all of the Studio One+ content and services.

And I had thought I did pretty well to upgrade my free-with-interface Studio One 4 Artist license to 6 Artist for $49.

With Sonar not yet fully released, this is THE deal in DAW's at the moment.

• Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes, if you decide to cancel your subscription, you will own a non-updating Studio One Pro license after your Hybrid plan ends.

I've always read that as simply having a perpetual license that does not grant you all the updates until the next major version, hence the use of the word non-updating. It should really say non-upgradeable if what you and Filiatrault say is true. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Anyhow I'm currently demoing Studio One & Cubase and I'm vibing much more with Cubase, so this will probably not affect me in the end.

It even says so in what you've quoted now that I look at it again...

After your Hybrid plan ends, you can get access to Studio One Pro’s major "point" release updates (Ex. X.1, X.2, etc.) by purchasing a Studio One+ Monthly plan, renewing your Studio One+ Hybrid plan, or purchasing a standalone Pro perpetual license upgrade (Pro-to-Pro) at any time. All three purchase options are available for users on non-updating Pro licenses.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solidos said:

It even says so in what you've quoted now that I look at it again...

After your Hybrid plan ends, you can get access to Studio One Pro’s major "point" release updates (Ex. X.1, X.2, etc.) by purchasing a Studio One+ Monthly plan, renewing your Studio One+ Hybrid plan, or purchasing a standalone Pro perpetual license upgrade (Pro-to-Pro) at any time. All three purchase options are available for users on non-updating Pro licenses.

Nice...I missed that part.  That makes it even more tempting!

38 minutes ago, artturner said:

Solidos already answered most of this, which is basically V6 has free updates until V7 comes out. They split off the new VSTi as a hybrid push, and the only way to get that is to join the hybrid plan.

The hybrid plan is a Catch22 in that you are locked to the latest release as your "most current" (same as what Platinum's Membership Plan did), and in case you didn't catch the comment in this thread, 6.6 broke several VST3s, and there were not enough updates in it to warrant installing, so staying on the last 6.5 update isn't going to affect you one iota. A "fix" for that VST3 issue has still not been released.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Solidos already answered most of this, which is basically V6 has free updates until V7 comes out. They split off the new VSTi as a hybrid push, and the only way to get that is to join the hybrid plan.

The hybrid plan is a Catch22 in that you are locked to the latest release as your "most current" (same as what Platinum's Membership Plan did), and in case you didn't catch the comment in this thread, 6.6 broke several VST3s, and there were not enough updates in it to warrant installing, so staying on the last 6.5 update isn't going to affect you one iota. A "fix" for that VST3 issue has still not been released.

If your Hybrid plan is active you will get V7 when released.  You're not confined to V6.6.
You get all major and minor point releases while your Hybrid Sub is active.  If V7 is released
after your Hybrid sub has expired, as quote above, you'd either have to re-sub, or buy the 
Pro to Pro Upgrade to get V7.  Once your sub goes inactive you will only get minor point releases.

Edited by cclarry

My big deterrent from doing this was that I thought you couldn't upgrade the
given Perpetual License, and were basically back to "square one", but since
Solidos pointed out that you CAN upgrade that Perpetual License this became
a no brainer

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

Which vendor is offering the 30% off of Hybrid+ ? 

Thanks, 

C2

Presonus 

https://www.presonus.com/en-US/studio-one-plus.html

$10 more at Thomann and you don't have to use a code or give them your CC Info

https://www.thomannmusic.com/presonus_sphere_annual_membership.htm?listPosition=0&ref=search_rslt_Studio%2BOne%2BHybrid_497322_0_4a322a67-86f8-4b90-a142-96dcef5431a6&type=quickSearch

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

6.6 broke several VST3s, and there were not enough updates in it to warrant installing, so staying on the last 6.5 update isn't going to affect you one iota. A "fix" for that VST3 issue has still not been released.

If I'm understanding the information on the PreSonus forum's Studio One 6.6 thread correctly, the 6.6 update more strictly enforces the standards for VST3, which caused problems for a few 3rd party plugins that did not follow the VST3 standards closely enough. So far, PreSonus is taking the stance that it is up to the affected 3rd parties to bring their VST3 plugins up to the standards. I believe at least two of them have already issued updates to their plugins which enable them to work as expected with S1 6.6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Thanks ccLarry!  2 quick questions:

1--  Does the discount code work on the presonus site  for the Hyrid + or only the One+ ?

2--forgive my ignorance, but does the Perpetual License 6.6 work with the previous V5 plugins that I already own?  That is, will the Perpetual license run older SO libraries that we have in our mypresonus downloads?

Again, sorry for my confusion, but I have not been following this and have been using Cubase 13 and CnB, but I want to keep SO around as I occasionally use it.

Thanks for your help

C2

2 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

Thanks ccLarry!  2 quick questions:

1--  Does the discount code work on the presonus site  for the Hyrid + or only the One+ ?

2--forgive my ignorance, but does the Perpetual License 6.6 work with the previous V5 plugins that I already own?  That is, will the Perpetual license run older SO libraries that we have in our mypresonus downloads?

Again, sorry for my confusion, but I have not been following this and have been using Cubase 13 and CnB, but I want to keep SO around as I occasionally use it.

Thanks for your help

C2

1 AFAIK the code only works on the Hybrid Sub.
2. The perpetual license will run all your old V5 plugins to the best of my knowledge as they are still the same

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, Milan said:

30% of of Hybrid+ with code DONTMISSOUT30

Code did nothing.   I applied the promo code at checkout and altough it said it was "accepted" it really did  nothing:  It said $49 was applied, but the price remained $179.  [that is $179 - 449 = still equaled $179].  So I backed out of the offer and will look at Thomans deal.