My most recent expletive-laden outburst

once the forum server ai kicks in, it will be able to distinguish between **** swearing and proper swearing, a bit like banksy is proper art but drunk teen tagging is **** art, and hopefully spamming also 👍

• Great Idea 1

59 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I suffer from “Adult onset Tourettes”. This qualifies me as an “American with disabilities”. Thus, you cannot hold it against me!

t

I will use this!!

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, pwal³ said:

once the forum server ai kicks in, it will be able to distinguish between **** swearing and proper swearing, a bit like banksy is proper art but drunk teen tagging is **** art, and hopefully spamming also 👍

But, by then, it will probably only be AI bots talking to each other anyway! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're in the process of helping my son renovate his first house - a neglected 1980s semi-detached.  Lots of very foul-mouthed trades involved: plumbing, carpentry, sparky and plastering - each with their own unique and colourful vernacular.

I'm sure Baby Evie next door is learning lots of new words her Mum and Dad would rather she didn't. 🙈

Reminds me of the old joke about the little girl whose house was having an extension built. She spent the week helping the builders - Wayne and Gav - by taking them drinks and biscuits and sweeping up after them.

At the end of the week they gave her a pay packet, with a few pounds in, so she proudly went to the bank with her Mom to open an account and pay it in.

After learning how she'd earned it, the cashier asked the little girl:

'So, will you be working with Wayne and Gav again next week?'

'Well'

said the little girl, pausing for a moment...

'It depends if those w@nkers from Jewsons deliver the f*ckng bricks!' 😂😂

• Haha 3

I can swear in 5 or 6 languages, but there's something particularly cathartic about swearing in French Canadian...

When my French speaking former in laws visited last fall, I realized that I was inadvertently using a lot of English words when speaking with them, which is only normal because I live and work in English, rarely get to speak French, and 90% of the movies and tv I watch are in foreign languages. 

But if I injure myself and get angry, I return to my French Canadian roots in no time.

Back home, swear words are rooted in Catholic worship and practice. And there's something perversely satisfying about cursing in French because it's like having a plethora of words that have the same intensity and the same emotional charge as the F word in English, allowing one to sustain the paroxysm of their anger quite effortlessly for vast periods of time.

Edited by Rain
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:45 PM, Matt Rayner said:

the varnish on that neck really is thick

This is helpful in a way, since it kept you from digging into the wood itself. Tru-Oil tends to excel in these situations, because it will apply as thin as you want/need to fill imperfections/scratches, or simply re-add a sheen to a surface. Just keep buffing it as it dries to fill and match the original contour.

Ironically, some of the cheapest final polishing solutions come from the automotive industry (ultra-fine polishing compounds, waxes, etc.)... once "guitar" gets applied to its use the price goes up dramatically for the same product.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mettelus. It was absolutely no help at all. Not one bit! But, I agree with you on the automotive gunk. CARNAUBA from Turtle Wax will get your laquered body (not yours, obv) shining like new.

Rain, here's some Finnish for you. Merde in Finnish is PASKA. My kids were in heaven once when we visited Greece at Easter. The word Paska in Greek is Easter and "Kala Paska" means Happy Easter. In Finnish, Kala is fish. The little monsters were going round in hysterics wishing each and every Greek: Merde du poisson.

Edited by Matt Rayner
typo
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

I guess we have to translate our words to avoid the **** list haha

Time to test the theory...

I was in my favourite bar in Kefallinia watching England play an "easy" game v Iceland in the Euro 2016 finals. For the benefit of those that this means nothing to, let's just say it didn't go to plan. After the game, ever keen to improve my very basic knowledge of greek words I asked my friend who owns the bar and was watching with me....how do you say England football team in Greek....?

He replied...."γαμημένοι γουάνκερ"

• Haha 3