Activation issue-LOST over an hour of work :-(

1 minute ago, John Vere said:

This seems hard too believe but if so you have my partial sympathy now.  Are you saying the activation showed during a sessions and not at start up? 

No see my previous post

Activation in itself is confusing because simply signing in to BandLab will not activate Sonar.  I went thru the same routine several times before realizing this.

It is my understanding that Unpaid, it is just like the Demos of old.  Evaluation only.  Saving disabled.  You must sign up for a paid BandLab membership or temporary Back Stage pass in order to save your work.  If you have done that and still have issues, contact support.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sjoens said:

Activation in itself is confusing because simply signing in to BandLab will not activate Sonar.  I went thru the same routine several times before realizing this.

It is my understanding that Unpaid, it is just like the Demos of old.  Evaluation only.  Saving disabled.  You must sign up for a paid BandLab membership or temporary Back Stage pass in order to save your work.  If you have done that and still have issues, contact support.

His rant is about Cakewalk, not Sonar.

• Thanks 1

OOOps!  It wasn't clear in the OP what version he is on and I dinint read thru every post.

Unless you're on one of the 2 latest updates, CbB won't activate any longer.  Not for me anyway.

I guess the final comment in my last comment still applies tho. :)

Edited by sjoens

13 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Couldn't be any easier...
Two options here.
ScreenShot02-24-24at05_09PM.JPG.3c31e06e32b5191bb62421ef540f921a.JPG.17fa8344dd2502677cc27fda2a6c4173.JPG

I explained what happened but I guess your just so intelligent it's below you to understand. Couldn't be easier to go away either instead of just kicking a man when he's down-thanks pal

This does it for me-I don't need this level of heartless Bs

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Couldn't be any easier...
Two options here.
ScreenShot02-24-24at05_09PM.JPG.3c31e06e32b5191bb62421ef540f921a.JPG.17fa8344dd2502677cc27fda2a6c4173.JPG

OK since I am leaving anyway I have to say, I was signed in MORON that's part of the point-JEEEEZZz the arrogance is unreal!

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pathfinder said:

OK since I am leaving anyway I have to say, I was signed in MORON that's part of the point-JEEEEZZz the arrogance is unreal!

Name-calling? Classy!

18 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Name-calling? Classy!

You did everything but call names. I clearly stated I was SIGNED IN. but you chose to ignore that and keep having what you consider "fun" I guess.

I tried to show I have some "memory issues" due to many things which I will not list, although I did give a hint to one of them.

You chose to ignore all that.

Kind of reminds me of the time Kanya West told everyone to stand at a concert before he would sing again. One person didn't. Of course, Kanya, being who he is, ragged on the guy. But then he found out the guy was in a wheel chair. (no I am NOT in a wheel chair, but.....................................................

Ya to bad you are taking this so personally,  we are only trying to help.   And nobody notices when people "leave" it's the internet.   

The  mistake you made  was not explaining clearly what happened in your OP, It took 2 pages to find out! And now I actually see what happened,  my original reply would have been totally different.  

But then, no excuse as it is a two fold issue. First - you made the mistake of not saving as you worked, you would have known all was lost after only 5 -10 minutes.

And the activation process is "user Beware" at this point in time. A lot just changed and we are all on borrowed time with CbB.   You are not to blame because only regualars to this forum would be totally aware of all of this knowledge.  The activation to in app happened last fall. As well as the announcement that you had to update to the latest version to stay activated.   Not everyone is aware of this but as said, there's always perils to using free software.  And using CbB it's a good idea to stay up to date right now as things are changing fast. 

• Like 2

I just installed the 2024.2 update following the update prompts starting with my CbB Help menu. I ran Setup, saw the red 'not activated yet' dialog box. I logged into my Bandlab account, saw an 'activation successful or complete' dialog box. Then I opened an old test project and it seems to play fine.  I haven't yet tried to create any new work which would really test out the operation.

So, I hope my installation is Okay. Only time will tell. One thing I'm not clear about is whether to uninstall the Bandlab Assistant app from my PC.

I don't understand what happened with Pathfinder, but if Pathfinder missed something during the installation process ... then, hey we've all been there and done that, more than once, and gotten frustrated by it. I hope that Bandlab is taking a look to see if something in the process needs to be more clear.

Anyway good luck Pathfinder going forward.

• Like 2

@Jim Stamper  I think your reply is the best one so far. And it points out that there is a lot too it right now as far as attempting activation without knowing the steps. Seems for most people it's very straight forward. And that Big Green Activation successful is the sign that we are now good until the pull the plug down the road.

Yes you can remove the Bandlad Assistant. It serves no purpose unless you use the Bandlab app I think. Actually I never had to install it on this new computer. 

Edited by John Vere

47 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Ya to bad you are taking this so personally,  we are only trying to help.   And nobody notices when people "leave" it's the internet.   

The  mistake you made  was not explaining clearly what happened in your OP, It took 2 pages to find out! And now I actually see what happened,  my original reply would have been totally different.  

But then, no excuse as it is a two fold issue. First - you made the mistake of not saving as you worked, you would have known all was lost after only 5 -10 minutes.

And the activation process is "user Beware" at this point in time. A lot just changed and we are all on borrowed time with CbB.   You are not to blame because only regualars to this forum would be totally aware of all of this knowledge.  The activation to in app happened last fall. As well as the announcement that you had to update to the latest version to stay activated.   Not everyone is aware of this but as said, there's always perils to using free software.  And using CbB it's a good idea to stay up to date right now as things are changing fast. 

John, with all due respect, and I mean you do deserve respect, possibly you and a few others were\are trying to help. NOT ALL. Yes I take it personally. Probably because I do have some "serious health issues" and it makes me mad and defensive.
Many times I have mentioned  I have been using CW since early late 80's\90's. I knew more then than I can remember now. 
I did say, I believe more than once that I was signed in everywhere possible. No one seemed to take that into consideration-well your last post did.

6 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

So why is this a big fricken joke for everyone. I guess I'll have to apologize for the multiple diseases\ailments I have, many that affect my memory among many other things.
Gosh I am so sorry I have these. I mean I didn't buy them or anything They came to me free. I truly hope they never visit any of you!

. . .

And YES Heathrow, I use to love the CW forums, way back when Glennbo, Susan and others were around.

I apologize if you think I was taking things as  "a big fricken joke" I guess I should have just used text instead, but I assure you I wasn't making fun or any such, I was serious about the folly of placing such feelings/emotions in an internet forum and it's inhabitants, least of all the Cakewalk Forums and it's inhabitants, I've been around in the old forum days and am familiar with those 2 inhabitants you mention. So again my apologies 🤝

As for your ailments, I to have multiple ailments and have spoken multiple times on these very forums regarding the heavy pain medication I must take to be able to function even remotely pain free, and the side affects that come with that like involuntary movements of things like arms, hands and digits, which as primarily a guitarist make things challenging to say the least, not to mention simple things like typing on the keyboard or phone or any other thing that requires any amount of accuracy with your fingers. So I certainly wouldn't make fun or joke of your conditions. You can check back through my post history to find that I have indeed spoke of these things. So they have come to visit me, maybe not in the same manner, but visit none the less.

Anyway, again my apologies good sir. 🤝

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Vere said:

...And the activation process is "user Beware" at this point in time. A lot just changed and we are all on borrowed time with CbB...

Could you elaborate on the "borrowed time" thing? I just got CbB maybe a month ago in order to use their playlist function on live gigs. (I used to use it in the 90s-early 2000s.) Since I'm still tweaking midi files on the Mac and haven't yet moved them to CbB, would I be better off buying the new Sonar, assuming it also has the playlist function?  I'd hate to spend hours and hours setting up files in CbB with TT1, only to have to set them up over again with a different midi sound engine when Cakewalk no longer opens.

1 hour ago, Duncan Stitt said:

Could you elaborate on the "borrowed time" thing? I just got CbB maybe a month ago in order to use their playlist function on live gigs. (I used to use it in the 90s-early 2000s.) Since I'm still tweaking midi files on the Mac and haven't yet moved them to CbB, would I be better off buying the new Sonar, assuming it also has the playlist function?  I'd hate to spend hours and hours setting up files in CbB with TT1, only to have to set them up over again with a different midi sound engine when Cakewalk no longer opens.

Sonar isn't available for purchase yet and CbB will be discontinued and inaccessible after Sonar is released. Consider CbB that you use now as a free trial and the Sonar that you get now before it is released is just a beta version and will only work until the completed version is released. 

So I would advise not making anything related to Cakewalk/Sonar/Next your main anything or permanently move anything to it. Because IT WILL CHANGE SOON! 

9 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Sonar isn't available for purchase yet and CbB will be discontinued and inaccessible after Sonar is released. Consider CbB that you use now as a free trial and the Sonar that you get now before it is released is just a beta version and will only work until the completed version is released. 

So I would advise not making anything related to Cakewalk/Sonar/Next your main anything or permanently move anything to it. Because IT WILL CHANGE SOON! 

1. Funny that, loads of us are currently using Sonar so to say it isn't available is plain wrong

2. The only reason the current installation will change is due to maintenance releases. 

You're really on a massive stretch about all this for some reason.

@Duncan Stitt

You can most certainly set up Cakewalk with playlist and then you will definitely have to purchase Sonar in the future. There’s lots of info spread all over this forum but I’ll just state the basic facts for you. 
Cakewalk uses a authorization system that Bandlab can deactivate any time they choose. They are going to keep it active only so people can transition to Sonar. The end date is unknown but will come. You need to have installed the very latest version to take advantage of the borrowed time. 

Sonar is now available as a early access version watch this video for info

https://youtu.be/7CfkcisYtLI?si=h2iD8_teOHIV__uC

It most certainly has the playlist and we are hoping in the future they upgrade it. 

The TTS-1 has become old and unstable and Roland asked Cakewalk to remove it so they did. 
There’s lots of alternatives to GM players. Watch this. https://youtu.be/kF3tEttGdIQ?si=fE2pYVduYk_EwoeA

or better yet use better VST instruments watch this 

https://youtu.be/LI040J9apwU?si=ZlhSrJeLQ7QxFx5D

On 3/11/2024 at 1:11 AM, Hillmy said:

Nothing will change that will break compatibility. Both sonar and next are not beta software. Backstage pass has more to do with the delivery of the software than the software itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1