Activation issue-LOST over an hour of work :-(

Yes I remember seeing posts about activation issues but since it never happen to me I never paid attention. So did a whole bunch of work in a project and cannot activate. I have logged in and out multiple times on the web and also in the bandlab app etc etc. Finally just closed CW and lost everything. Still not activated? 

Edited by Pathfinder

Posted (edited)

Free or not should not be this difficult-YES I finally got it sorted out. Just shouldn't be this way! Like many others I have been paying since the 90's..............

Edited by Pathfinder

32 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Did you not see the big warning about activation when you started Cakewalk???

Exactly You won’t get any sympathy from anyone you should have kept this to your self. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gustabo said:

Yes, so? What's your point? I tried and tried multiple times top activate it. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Exactly You won’t get any sympathy from anyone you should have kept this to your self. 

Why would I keep it to myself if I tried everything I knew and could not get it activated? That I truly do NOT understand John.

Excuse the hell out of me for not being as a CW genius..................Used to love the CW forums. Used to...............   😞 

Edited by Pathfinder

Posted (edited)

So why is this a big fricken joke for everyone. I guess I'll have to apologize for the multiple diseases\ailments I have, many that affect my memory among many other things.
Gosh I am so sorry I have these. I mean I didn't buy them or anything They came to me free. I truly hope they never visit any of you!

Never felt the urge to share stuff like this with a forum but now I do. Hopefully I can get by without the forum going forward. I sure will try.

And YES Heathrow, I use to love the CW forums, way back when Glennbo, Susan and others were around. 

Hey maybe you guys can come up with a song, maybe name it "Way Too Much META and MYELO". Might be a hit! I can give you some other catchy ideas for titles, no problem. Just let me know. I have plenty!

Thanks so much for nothing!

Edited by Pathfinder

3 hours ago, gustabo said:

I am thinking the OP did see it, tried to log on with the web browser that opened, but it would not activate. 

Hence the SOS.

I had trouble with this upgrade, too.  Usually, CW is easy as pie to update, but this wasn't advertised, and there was no information on how to activate it.  I had to dig for a while until I figured it out.  This wasn't the best rollout of all time for CW, and they could have made it a lot easier and quicker had they put information in the early access page.  One shouldn't have to be mocked for being confused over this issue!

• Like 1

I am thinking the OP is using the new Sonar and not the free Cakewalk. Looking at other threads, he probably got the new Sonar while ignoring everything about it and thinking it's just another free version. He then signs onto BandLab and thinks that will "activate" it, not knowing this is an early access version and that he has to pay the Backstage Pass membership fee to use it like the free version. He then decides to ignore all the warning signs and proceeds to work in the program then realizes he cant save and finally notices the warning signs and is confused and in panic (and still using BandLab Assistant for some reason, LOL). 

That's what I think is happening.

Sorry it sounds harsh, but really, the way it works is you open Cakewalk ( Sonar) and if it needs activating it gives you a huge red notification that is impossible to ignore. You implied that you lost work which then implies you ignored the warning even though it says "You will not be able to save your work" 

And once again sorry if this sounds harsh but we all make mistakes and we learn from them. Working on a project for more than 10 minutes with out saving has been proven to be dangerous by many. I have set up signal keystroke to save and I hit it as often as possible. Just write it of as a lesson well received. Nobody here is being purposefully mean to you.  

Edited by John Vere

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Yes, so? What's your point? I tried and tried multiple times top activate it. 

So don't complain about losing work if you knew you wouldn't be able to save, you should have sorted out the activation before doing any work.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, gustabo said:

So don't complain about losing work if you knew you wouldn't be able to save, you should have sorted out the activation before doing any work.

It was too late. The activation dialog was hidden before I realized. 

1 hour ago, Hillmy said:

I am thinking the OP is using the new Sonar and not the free Cakewalk. Looking at other threads, he probably got the new Sonar while ignoring everything about it and thinking it's just another free version. He then signs onto BandLab and thinks that will "activate" it, not knowing this is an early access version and that he has to pay the Backstage Pass membership fee to use it like the free version. He then decides to ignore all the warning signs and proceeds to work in the program then realizes he cant save and finally notices the warning signs and is confused and in panic (and still using BandLab Assistant for some reason, LOL). 

That's what I think is happening.

Nope. I am using the same CWbyBL I have been using-period.

54 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Maybe you should have sorted out the activation issue before doing any work.

I never had the chance until it was too late. But I guess I am not explaining that part correctly. Once again, my fault.

What's the use, obviously what happened is coming across correctly-. So to have bothered anyone.

Doubt I will return so you can all rejoice since NONE of your replies were an answer to the issue or actually understood the issue.

4 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

It was too late. The activation dialog was hidden before I realized. 

This seems hard too believe but if so you have my partial sympathy now.  Are you saying the activation showed during a sessions and not at start up? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Sorry it sounds harsh, but really, the way it works is you open Cakewalk ( Sonar) and if it needs activating it gives you a huge red notification that is impossible to ignore. You implied that you lost work which then implies you ignored the warning even though it says "You will not be able to save your work" 

And once again sorry if this sounds harsh but we all make mistakes and we learn from them. Working on a project for more than 10 minutes with out saving has been proven to be dangerous by many. I have set up signal keystroke to save and I hit it as often as possible. Just write it of as a lesson well received. Nobody here is being purposefully mean to you.  

No John, I did NoT ignore it. I thought I activated it when prompted-thru the web and thru the bandlab assistant app. I guess what I was doing inadvertently covered\hid the warning box.

But hey, what do I know.

Edited by Pathfinder