Soundiron Hyperion Strings Ensemble is available now for $449 (Reg. $549)

cclarry

I'm sure there's a reason for that asking price, but yeah. With how many string libraries (and orchestra too) I've gotten on the cheap the past six, twelve months.... guess I can wait a few years.

3 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

*yawn*  I did buy Hyperion Strings Elements 5 years ago and was looking forward to the full upgrade.  Since then, HOOPUS, Musio, etc. No thanks!

I did the same thing.   Has it really been 5 years?   Oy....

5 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

*yawn*  I did buy Hyperion Strings Elements 5 years ago and was looking forward to the full upgrade.  Since then, HOOPUS, Musio, etc. No thanks!

For Elements owners :

"Use code HyperionElementstoEnsemble when you checkout with the full Ensemble edition for only $349 (Reg. $549)!"

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

I'm sure there's a reason for that asking price, but yeah. With how many string libraries (and orchestra too) I've gotten on the cheap the past six, twelve months.... guess I can wait a few years.

I guess it’ll be $199 sooner than we think. 

• Like 2

That’s what, 5 years on overtime? And not Kontakt player compatible? Very weird…

I have, use and love the Micro. I have the Elements and I hate it. It has that annoying metallic sound to it. Weird, since the micro sounds so different. Listening to the demoes of the Ensemble it doesn’t impress me at all. And I had high hopes for this when I first got the Micro. Money saved, I’ll stick to what I have. But I am glad they made the Micro👍

I  prefer libraries requiring full Kontakt.  It avoids Native Asshat,  Kontakt 7 is not usually required,

You will find people who are using older video cards or previous Mac OS can't use Kontakt 7 because the GUI is black.   Way to go NI.

6 hours ago, projectm said:

And not Kontakt player compatible? Very weird…

It's not that strange; they did that with Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble too. In both cases, the top-end versions are Open Format, giving direct access to the .wav samples.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, antler said:

It's not that strange; they did that with Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble too. In both cases, the top-end versions are Open Format, giving direct access to the .wav samples.

Fair enough i guess. I thought it was weird they’d invest in player compatibility for the cheap versions and not the flagship. I mean, you can still use full Kontakt for player libraries, but it is so convenient for NKS users to have the player compatibility. And they’d potentially get a bunch of customers who don’t want full Kontakt ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, projectm said:

I thought it was weird they’d invest in player compatibility for the cheap versions and not the flagship. I mean, you can still use full Kontakt for player libraries, but it is so convenient for NKS users to have the player compatibility.

I think the samples become locked once encoded as a Player library (not 100% certain on that though).

Just guessing here, but maybe they found the majority of people who bought their top end libraries have full Kontakt and want/would prefer direct sample access? With that, technically they'd be able to make versions of the libraries streamlined for their workflow. Again, just speculation on my part.