๐ŸŽ‰ 50% Off a Musio Perpetual License! ๐ŸŽ‰ $199

cclarry

Strange, they don't call it Musio 1 anymore but it's seems like that's what they're selling (you still have to upgrade later if you want the newest libraries).

Still, it's an amazing deal.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1

If this were KONTAKT formatted libraries, it would be a no-brainer. Cinesamples does make excellent KONTAKT sample libraries.ย However, I'm less apt to invest in their proprietary sampler plugin and my guess -- based on their heavy discounting of their Musio line since they introduced it -- is that they're soon going to follow what's going on in their industry and heavily discount their older sample libraries for KONTAKT.ย 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Donโ€™t know. Feels like a smorgasbordโ€ฆ

Absolutely. It is. I certainly agree.ย  I just strongly suspect that from CInesamples getting very aggressive with their pricing (discounting) for their Musio line and, especially considering the industry trends (that is, that some of their competitors, including NI, are heavily discounting) , that it's very likely that it will impact their KONTAKT line too.ย  There's just too much going on -- pricing-wise -- in the marketplace that makes it likely to happen. Probably more than anything, NI's increasing aggressive with their discounting of sample libraries is likely to have the greatest impact on the marketplace. It does make sense that developers can afford to heavily discount older libraries that long ago paid back production costs.ย ย 

As a sample user, I've been loving it. I picked up Alicia's Keys for 13 bucks this week!ย Come on CInesamples --Piano and Blue (KONTAKT) for 13 bucks! Make it happen!!!ย  ;)ย ย 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

positive review:
Been aย user since the intro. While multi-mic positions has been something theyโ€™ve been putting off now for a long time (really wish it would come sooner), they did promise keyswitching, then introduced it which i appreciate, and the entire system is super low latency and low storage space compared to kontakt. On an 8gb ram machine iโ€™ve been able to run multiple 16 output/instrument instances of the plugin without overload. ย Lots more on the agenda/stuff to be excited about per their youtube podcasts. I donโ€™t have spitfire libraries to compare it to, but to my ears quality is good enough, the potential is big, they are kind of just doing their own thing. Honestly, when each instrument is routed to its own track, thereโ€™s enough tweaking I can do with that type of workflow to get the exact sound i want. I have used at least one musio instrument in every project since getting it. ย The customer service is also one of the better ones for a music software companyย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Absolutely. It is. I certainly agree.ย  I just strongly suspect that from CInesamples getting very aggressive with their pricing (discounting) for their Musio line and, especially considering the industry trends (that is, that some of their competitors, including NI, are heavily discounting) , that it's very likely that it will impact their KONTAKT line too.ย  There's just too much going on -- pricing-wise -- in the marketplace that makes it likely to happen. Probably more than anything, NI's increasing aggressive with their discounting of sample libraries is likely to have the greatest impact on the marketplace. It does make sense that developers can afford to heavily discount older libraries that long ago paid back production costs.ย ย 

As a sample user, I've been loving it. I picked up Alicia's Keys for 13 bucks this week!ย Come on CInesamples --Piano and Blue (KONTAKT) for 13 bucks! Make it happen!!!ย  ;)ย ย 

NI can lower their prices all day.ย  Outside of Komplete I rarely ever buy a NI library.ย  It's mostly 3rd party.ย  Part of it is no direct downloads and trust that Asshat (cr)app. ย  It's fine when it works but with 3 machines it's rare I get 100% performance.ย  Their NTKDeemon is often the problem when it wants to f'upgrade. ย  ย  ย  ย 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

NI can lower their prices all day.ย  Outside of Komplete I rarely ever buy a NI library.ย  It's mostly 3rd party.ย  Part of it is no direct downloads and trust that Asshat (cr)app. ย  It's fine when it works but with 3 machines it's rare I get 100% performance.ย  Their NTKDeemon is often the problem when it wants to f'upgrade. ย  ย  ย  ย 

To each their own. I've had good experiences with NI's libraries. I love Noire, like Studio Drummer, Abbey Roadย  Modern Drummer and many other NI libraries. They run great for me.ย 

But, as I mentioned, the heavy duscounting is a trend in the industry.ย  It's notable that NI is deep discounting in the past year, because they're the makers of KONTAKT and the biggest player in the sampler industry.ย  They set the tone. Itย was rare for them to go as deep as they have in the past year and to deep discount third party libraries at 70+%. While NI historically have had their summer and holiday sales where they discounted 50 percent,ย  they discounted their libraries and third party libraries at 70% or more late last year.ย  Then we have other developers, like 8Dio, that have deep discounted their older libraries at an even deeper level. As a marketing/branding professional,ย  I'm not certain I would advise a developer to discount that heavily, because it trains the market that is the real value of their new releases. But as a sample user / buyer, I think it's fantastic. Detailed sample libraries are more affordable than ever.ย 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Sooner or later it had to happen with library developers in the race to the bottom.ย  There is also less costs in involved with no mass producing discs and shipping. Maybe shiny and new isn't always working since the small number of heavy orchestra users.ย ย  Oh look there's another new string library - like who cares?ย  Not enough.ย  I think these deals are only for the casual user who might want strings or brass once is a great while. I feel that way with Komplete but I can never seem to blow off upgrading.

ย I'm thinking about this deal.ย  The reality is I haven't even audition most of the stuff I bought since November.ย ย  The drawback is I still prefer Kontakt libraries.ย  VSL is the only proprietary player I prefer.

ย Kontakt is "the man" like MS were people want to dethrone.ย  I takes awhile for a player to mature.ย  I remember Kontakt wasn't even considered in the same league as Gigastudio. ย ย  I'm already annoyed at the numerous apps one has to install for a developer's distribution. ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Musio 1 is definitely worth $199. Hell, it was worth it when I paid $299 and I owned a good chunk of Cinesamples Kontakt libraries.ย 

But oh boy, do I feel like a dunce and cheated for paying that price in the Black Friday/Year End promos not even two full months back. I understand ever deeper discounts at some point, but after less than two months aย drop of a full Benjamin Franklin sure leaves a bit of a sour taste. Also made my mouse finger twitch as it tries to figure out whether or not Cinesamples moves below the line that separates those that deserve support and those that do not.

Great libraries though and especially so if they keep improving the software (which they've already done and seem willing to listen to feedback).

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

Musio 1 is definitely worth $199. Hell, it was worth it when I paid $299 and I owned a good chunk of Cinesamples Kontakt libraries.ย 

But oh boy, do I feel like a dunce and cheated for paying that price in the Black Friday/Year End promos not even two full months back. I understand ever deeper discounts at some point, but after less than two months aย drop of a full Benjamin Franklin sure leaves a bit of a sour taste. Also made my mouse finger twitch as it tries to figure out whether or not Cinesamples moves below the line that separates those that deserve support and those that do not.

Great libraries though and especially so if they keep improving the software (which they've already done and seem willing to listen to feedback).

I (luckily) got in when they were doing the "lifetime" deals, almost on a "whim."ย  Probably the best purchase I've ever made for my music hobby.

A permanent license for all of what is included in Musio today for $199 is no brainer territory.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kirean said:

I hate being jealous because someone pays less. ย  Every industry is like that. ย  I rarely pay the price of a new game release and I wait for the race down to the bottom. ย ย  ย 

48 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I hate being jealous because someone pays less. ย  Every industry is like that. ย  I rarely pay the price of a new game release and I wait for the race down to the bottom. ย ย  ย 

So, you're just about ready to pull the trigger on that (once highly sought after) Edsel?ย 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm not jealous because someone is paying less. Good for them getting a great deal!

You always have to pick your own point of entry that you can afford, since there's always a new deal or a new product just around the corner. And I did and I can live with it.

However, I do feel dumb thinking that it would take at least more than 2 months (6-12 maybe?) for the price to meld another $100 after the "biggest fomo sale season" on a product that is this extensive. Especially considering how, aside from price glitches, Cinesamples used to be quite conservative with going beyond "normal" discounts.

Here's hoping East West follows suit... still need to get Fantasy Orchestra and Forbidden Planet.

Edited by Kirean
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

I'm not jealous because someone is paying less. Good for them getting a great deal!

You always have to pick your own point of entry that you can afford, since there's always a new deal or a new product just around the corner. And I did and I can live with it.

However, I do feel dumb thinking that it would take at least more than 2 months (6-12 maybe?) for the price to meld another $100 after the "biggest fomo sale season" on a product that is this extensive. Especially considering how, aside from price glitches, Cinesamples used to be quite conservative with going beyond "normal" discounts.

Here's hoping East West follows suit... still need to get Fantasy Orchestra and Forbidden Planet.

ย Well they have for HOOPUS upgrade.ย  I still have HO Gold and the upgrade is $199.ย 

VSL is heading that way.ย  I got the Sax collection for their old player and the upgrade to Synchron was cheap.ย  The upgrade doesn't render the other license useless.ย  This is another knock against Waves if you upgrade the other license s gone.

I had to jump in on this. ย I bought a few of their libraries back in their glitch sale. ย Now I can remove CinePerc and it's whopping 100GB off my main drive and only load what I need. ย 

• Like 1