APD Deal: London Symphonic Strings by Aria Sounds - 90% Off!

cclarry

@Lionel @Moon OverSea @Craig Fowler

There's plenty of "I regret buying this library" on VI-C about this one. 

The general consensus being that it's very inconsistent across the mics/articulations, and badly scripted.

I own Spitfire BBCSO and can tell just from the demos of this "London" library that it doesn't compare favourably at all.

If you're new to orchestral libraries I would say save your pennies for the next Spitfire sale.  If you just want to dip your toes into the world of string libraries, I would strongly recommend one of their £29 "originals" libraries such as Originals Intimate Strings (which is truly gorgeous).

Edited by joeletters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, joeletters said:

@Lionel @Moon OverSea @Craig Fowler

There's plenty of "I regret buying this library" on VI-C about this one. 

The general consensus being that it's very inconsistent across the mics/articulations, and badly scripted.

I own Spitfire BBCSO and can tell just from the demos of this "London" library that it doesn't compare favourably at all.

If you're new to orchestral libraries I would say save your pennies for the next Spitfire sale.  If you just want to dip your toes into the world of string libraries, I would strongly recommend one of their £29 "originals" libraries such as Originals Intimate Strings (which is truly gorgeous).

Thank you! Appreciate the advice 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lionel said:

Audio demos sound great!

But I’m very green to orchestral libraries. How does this stack up against the competition?

Do you have the VSL free orchestra, Lionel? Worth picking up if you don't. All the VSL freebies are!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Do you have the VSL free orchestra, Lionel? Worth picking up if you don't. All the VSL freebies are!

Also the Spitfire BBC Free Orchestra is worth getting if you are new to Orchestration

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can find plenty of old posts on this forum about this and other sample libraries from  Aria Sounds,  and the consensus here, other forums and on social media regarding this library is that it's very poor. I do know a developer who bought it and his opinion was that it's unredeemably poor quality on multiple levels.  I've seen dozens of posts about this library and I've never once seen anyone make a positive post or recommendation for it yet. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

I do not, but I'll definitely look into it now.  Thanks for the heads up!

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Also the Spitfire BBC Free Orchestra is worth getting if you are new to Orchestration

Thanks!  I'm definitely green to orchestration.  I'll definitely check this one out!