Additional proof that Humanity is doomed? ​🤔​

craigb

My father used to raise tropical fish as a hobby. He'd then sell them to a pet store. 

When there are too many fish in any tank, no matter how docile the breed is, they start fighting each other and biting off chunks of their fins.

Fish tank, Earth, simply has too many human-fish in it.

5 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

My father used to raise tropical fish as a hobby. He'd then sell them to a pet store. 

When there are too many fish in any tank, no matter how docile the breed is, they start fighting each other and biting off chunks of their fins.

With all due respect, that's not the actual issue Bob!  

If you put 100 red ants into a jar then add 100 black ants and shake the jar, the red ants will think the black ants are enemies and vice versa, when the real enemy is the one who shook the jar.  There's about a 1% group of inferior beings (that's hard to call human) that are purposely causing division, war and poor health because they believe they rule the world and we're just "useless eaters" (their words).  They want only 500 million of us and, if we don't start acknowledging what we all have in common and not what makes us different soon, they will get their wish!

Earth can easily hold a lot more people than we have now peacefully with all their needs met.

There's a lot more to this, but it just gets weirder and I've probably doomed the thread now already! 🙄

• Like 3

18 hours ago, craigb said:

There's a lot more to this, but it just gets weirder and I've probably doomed the thread now already! 

You could be right, but I think the population may have room to exist, but not enough resources like fresh water, and that seeds violence.

And yes, there is more to it than that.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:15 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I know what you mean,  I see human fish all of the time.

image.png.1de654f92446f18a2ee1d33cfbf56d0f.png

• Haha 3

Like a lot of people these days, I am aware that AI can potentially replace people like myself at work, but sometimes, I wonder how AI will deal with the unfathomable stupidity of a lot of the user questions I answer on a daily basis. How does Artificial Intelligence cope with Genuine Stupidity?

There are many cases where you really need to think creatively and do some extraordinary mental gymnastic in order to be able to even read and then understand what it is that those poor souls are trying to express. I'm not talking about typos here, but crippling inability to express oneself in written form (accompanied by an equally severe inability to think or understand simple questions).

In other words, you need to be able to think like a complete moron.

I have seen some desperate cases where I thought of asking a user to wait a little while I went downstairs in the garage, banged my head on the concrete floor a few times, and sniffed some paint thinner - just to try and level the playing in field a little.

I bet you AI can't do that, eh? Who's the intelligent one now?

Maybe stupidity is our last best hope. And it seems to be infinitely renewable, so, there's that.

Rejoice in thy dumbness I say, rejoice, for the kingdom is at hand.

Edited by Rain
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

I wonder how AI will deal with the unfathomable stupidity of a lot of the user questions I answer on a daily basis. How does Artificial Intelligence cope with Genuine Stupidity?

In my recent experience that works both ways. Try asking a "customer service" person a very simple question that isn't on their list of pre-approved questions and it's very much going to be a long haul experience......

Some days I could convince myself that they deliberately employ imbeciles so that people won't bother calling any more and then they can blame the "unfortunate" (but very much profit increasing) closure of the staffed "helplines"  on the fact that "nobody uses them". 

• Like 3

At least, with AI, we won't get the "We're sorry, due to unusually high call volumes . . ."

No more waiting for 22 minutes because you're 7th in the queue.

Instead of waiting 22 minutes, your query will get the confusingly incorrect answer almost immediately.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rain said:

Like a lot of people these days, I am aware that AI can potentially replace people like myself at work, but sometimes, I wonder how AI will deal with the unfathomable stupidity of a lot of the user questions I answer on a daily basis. How does Artificial Intelligence cope with Genuine Stupidity?

We may need to invent Artificial, Synthetic Stupidity, or A.S.S., for short.

Notes ♫

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rain said:

There are many cases where you really need to think creatively and do some extraordinary mental gymnastic in order to be able to even read and then understand what it is that those poor souls are trying to express. I'm not talking about typos here, but crippling inability to express oneself in written form (accompanied by an equally severe inability to think or understand simple questions).

In other words, you need to be able to think like a complete moron.

I have seen some desperate cases where I thought of asking a user to wait a little while I went downstairs in the garage, banged my head on the concrete floor a few times, and sniffed some paint thinner - just to try and level the playing in field a little.

I bet you AI can't do that, eh? Who's the intelligent one now?

Maybe stupidity is our last best hope. And it seems to be infinitely renewable, so, there's that.

Rejoice in thy dumbness I say, rejoice, for the kingdom is at hand.

I see you've been spending a lot of time upstairs....

• Haha 2