Space Rockers that are simply beautiful

Sheens

5 hours ago, Xoo said:

I'd post a picture of myself when I was in a Hawkwind tribute band but that would just give Kenny something to PhotoShop into questionable backgrounds!

Fyxed! 😆

(A Hawkwind tribute band?  NICE! 😎👍)

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Fyxed! 😆

(A Hawkwind tribute band?  NICE! 😎👍)

That's a fair point...better safe than sorry!

We played some good (and bad!) gigs with the band, sometimes joined by some ex-HW members which was cool!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheens said:

ye got yerself a great backing band too ! 

Someday  when Mr Bezos takes his money stained paws off Lauren Sanchez and finally delivers my Rocket Ship .... I hope to visit them in their Galaxy !

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Ooo...  Me likey! 😊

I'm glad you liked it because if you didn't ole Kenny would PhotoShop your mug into some more questionable backgrounds!😆

Kenny

• Haha 1

great tunes, playing, and record/mix guys, but is it really "space rock"? 🤔 for me, "space rock" is (classically) hawkwind or ozric tentacles, or even dead skeletons recently, for example, this sits more in the "prog rock" bag, being mainly about the guitar noodling than the rest of it

hope you take this as an honest feedback and not a troll 😘

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Musical Labels are the bricks that can trap the unsuspecting musician in a prison of their own making. The musician can't get out and the good stuff can't get in.

Ask somebody who's authentic country and they may say Garth Brooks . Someone else may say Marty Robbins , Dolly Parton , or Hank Williams.

Who's Right ?

As far as the bands you mentioned,  in all my  years of playing the guitar and listening to music I have never even heard the music  of any of the bands you mentioned , not even one .

As far as I'm concerned Jimi Hendrix , Deep Purple and Pink Floyd  were the players that served as my first introductions to space rock way back in the day .

What I played was my personal interpretation  of what Space Rock means too me 😉 I take offense at the fact that you tried to put a label on what I played  and call it noodling ...

Anytime you feel like educating me and filling in the gaps in my playing and musical genre choices I will be all ears provided you can show me the way with you playing it first on your instrument :P

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, pwal³ said:

Furry muff, personal interpretation is the thing, also I can't play anything with any skill haha

Yes but...if I start calling Deep Purple country (and western?) because that's my interpretation of it, it's going to get all sorts of confusing for everyone.

It was a great tune though @kennywtelejazz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xoo said:

Yes but...if I start calling Deep Purple country (and western?) because that's my interpretation of it, it's going to get all sorts of confusing for everyone.

It was a great tune though @kennywtelejazz

Ya!  Especially when everyone knows Deep Purple is Gansta Rap! 😁

• Haha 1