IK Multimedia Releases TONEX 1.5.ONE

jackson white

check the IK Product Manager

"... a fresh interface with user-requested features, new navigational tools and a faster workflow."

"... free update for all versions of TONEX ..."

Edited by jackson white
added deets, updated title > updated release
  • Thanks 4

Changes from version 1.2.6:

• Improved Tone Model filtering and searching with a dedicated sidebar.
  • User folders can now be created to organize Tone Models and presets.
  • New Card view displays more Tone Models in a single window.
  • Rescale and smart resize let users zoom in or show more content.
  • Amp and Cab section now streamlined to mix and match Tone Models.
  • Deeper ToneNET integration for a seamless and expanded experience.
  • New Collections section to demo and purchase Premium Tone Models.
  • Librarian adds new filters for easy search and transfer to TONEX pedal.
  • More prominent dedicated filter to search only Tone Models owned by the user.
  • Advanced parameters section now stays visible when expanding the bottom list.
  • General reliability improvements.

Download (I.E. installer) is approx 1.8GB

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Download (I.E. installer) is approx 1.8GB

<rant>

Create a “junction” and get this beast off the C drive. Totally unnecessary for it and TRackS et al to “hog” so much space. Lazy design (typical) on the part of IKM. The installer could just as easily ask where you want this data to reside (on your sample drive; duh!) Drives me nuts!
</rant>

t

The junction looks like this: (bear in mind that my sample drive is "V" and named VSTi. the juction is created in the Command Prompt and must be run as "administrator" do your due diligence and learn how to do it properly. IF I can do it, so can you!)

mklink /j "C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\ToneX" "V:\VSTi\IK Multimedia\ToneX"

ToneX 4.18gb
Amp5 2.91 gb
T-RackS 5 1.89gb
Amp 4 1gb

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

<rant>

Create a “junction” and get this beast off the C drive. Totally unnecessary for it and TRackS et al to “hog” so much space. Lazy design (typical) on the part of IKM. The installer could just as easily ask where you want this data to reside (on your sample drive; duh!) Drives me nuts!
</rant>

t

^^^^^YES!!!!^^^^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Esteban Villanova said:

So they added a store inside the plugin... When they did that to Amplitube the CPU usage more than doubled. If it's the same I'm staying in the current version.

They didn't add a "store" anymore than the last version.

• Like 1

Gave the update a quick test drive.
IMHO this a very welcomed (and needed) update.  

The ability to change the guitar/bass tonality in audio demo to closer match your own is great!
ToneX2024-01-11_12-16-14.jpg.c13191cea4c6e8722fe7b946470cdbec.jpg
*if previous version had this I was unaware.

Looking forward to taking a deeper dive into this later.

Edited by TheSteven

37 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

They didn't add a "store" anymore than the last version.

Correct, while we essentially decoupled it from ToneNET which was confusing to users the additional filtering and the layout in this update make it far less a "store" and in general it is much easier to see what you want to see with TONEX 1.5 than previously.  Also, CPU usage did not double from adding any "store" to AmpliTube 5 either.  Baking Custom Shop inside as an option to click was not a huge resource hog.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Correct, while we essentially decoupled it from ToneNET which was confusing to users the additional filtering and the layout in this update make it far less a "store" and in general it is much easier to see what you want to see with TONEX 1.5 than previously.  Also, CPU usage did not double from adding any "store" to AmpliTube 5 either.  Baking Custom Shop inside as an option to click was not a huge resource hog.

Great work Peter, this was a needed update and looks good so far.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The ability to change the guitar* tonality in audio demo to closer match your own is great!

*if previous version had this I was unaware.

Looking forward to taking a deeper dive into this later.

That part wasn't new.

23 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sorry but the CS did more than double the CPU usage in my machine, as well as other people who have reported the same.

6 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Before I attempt this, does this backup from a specific machine it is run on?  (and then could be used to get two computer libraries "in sync" without having to spend countless hours downloading and importing/exporting?)

image.png.abffcaf92268c86439a3241d1abc5c09.png

It backs up to your Documents > IK Multimedia > TONEX folder on that computer on which you are running TONEX so I wouldn't recommend pointing it to a shared location as that could have interesting results but you could try to restore it to a clean install on another machine to test restoring the library on another machine.  However it does back up more than just the Library.db so your results may vary and it is probably better to just use that for quicker transfer/synching.

5 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Sorry but the CS did more than double the CPU usage in my machine, as well as other people who have reported the same.

Sorry but it absolutely did not.  While CS was made part of AmpliTube 5 there was much more going on than simply adding Custom Shop directly into AmpliTube 5.  In fact the only real overhead there would be network when you connect and browse etc.  I do appreciate your confidence in something you don't have direct insight into, but please note that anecdotal data is exactly that...

You're welcome to report any issues you have to IK Support and I'm sure they'll be able to help figure out what is causing issues for you.  Thanks!

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

18 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Great work Peter, this was a needed update and looks good so far.

My "thanks" on your post was from the team that did most of the work and not me who did more of the complaining and relaying part of the task :) Just so it didn't look like I was taking credit for actually implementing these features directly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It backs up to your Documents > IK Multimedia > TONEX folder on that computer on which you are running TONEX so I wouldn't recommend pointing it to a shared location as that could have interesting results but you could try to restore it to a clean install on another machine to test restoring the library on another machine.  However it does back up more than just the Library.db so your results may vary and it is probably better to just use that for quicker transfer/synching.

So is there a preferred method to "copy" the library from one computer to another as it doesn't sync between the account?  Maintaining both of my machines really has taken a significant amount of work to keep them similar, and that doesn't even include presets - which would be mind numbing to also export/import.

35 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

So is there a preferred method to "copy" the library from one computer to another as it doesn't sync between the account?  Maintaining both of my machines really has taken a significant amount of work to keep them similar, and that doesn't even include presets - which would be mind numbing to also export/import.

The Library.db would be the file you want to use for that, it would be a lighter weight way to keep things in sync from what I can tell for your situation.

• Like 1

• jackson white changed the title to IK Multimedia Releases TONEX 1.5.ONE