Realphones Sale

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Realphones Sale
29 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'd love to hear the opinions of experienced mixers who've used this plugin. 

I'd like to see someone (or some publication) do a shootout between the various plug-ins that do headphone correction.

Cheapskate that I am, the one I own is HoRNet VHS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'd love to hear the opinions of experienced mixers who've used this plugin. 

GearSpace is where I go for that.  From my reading, the gold standard is Slate VSX.  Realphones is next, and then Sienna.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

GearSpace is where I go for that.  From my reading, the gold standard is Slate VSX.  Realphones is next, and then Sienna.

It's a tricky comparison because a lot of users are getting their first set of decent planar headphones for the first time with Slate as that's what they come with. If all Realphones users were buying new planar cans at the same time as Realphones it would be a more reasonable comparison.

The edge Slate have is that the correction is based off the individual unit you actually receive from my understanding.

You can also get individual correction measurements done by Dsoniq as well though.

Note: Slate doesn't do system wide on Windows last I checked, which is a huge let down in comparison to Realphones which does. I'd rather be listening to audio through the DAW as well as YouTube, Spotify whatever through the same correction and setup instead of having to mentally adjust for the differences.

Edited by MusicMan

49 minutes ago, ALC said:

Haha! I know Steven,  but I couldn't ask him --  too much bias! ;)

Edited by PavlovsCat

15 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Note: Slate doesn't do system wide on Windows last I checked, which is a huge let down in comparison to Realphones which does. 

There is a VSX System Wide  in Beta which can be downloaded via Steven Slate Audio Center.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Wow, no love for Sonarworks?

Sonarworks does headphone calibration.  The others also do simulation of the mix room (different studios) on top of that.  Just comparing like to like.

Anyhow, there are a lot of pros who use and trust VSX (and gush about it in the forum).  I don't get that same impression with the other products.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ALC said:

Sonarworks does headphone calibration.  The others also do simulation of the mix room (different studios) on top of that.  Just comparing like to like.

Anyhow, there are a lot of pros who use and trust VSX (and gush about it in the forum).  I don't get that same impression with the other products.

Sonarworks also does mix room simulation, but as an addon to their headphone calibration software.

https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-reference/virtual-monitoring

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Sonarworks also does mix room simulation, but as an addon to their headphone calibration software.

https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-reference/virtual-monitoring

I stand corrected.  I looked it up and that add-on was released October, 2023.  Thanks.  Didn't know that.

In that case, it's worthy of comparison, so I'm looking forward to more users' thoughts as it gets more use.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Now that I own VSX, SoundID and Realphones Ultimate I can test all three using my Sennheiser 650s. And I can test VSX vs Realphones using my Slate VSX HPs.

If you have it, don't forget about dearVR MONITOR (which was once available through Plugin Alliance).

In any case, let us know how you think they all compare please.

• Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

Now that I own VSX, SoundID and Realphones Ultimate I can test all three using my Sennheiser 650s. And I can test VSX vs Realphones using my Slate VSX HPs.

Thanks.  Looking forward to the results.  Do you also have any Waves Nx?