Hi Barbie 🖐

Bapu

I'll stick with The Exorcist, my favorite Christmas movie (and will be turning 50 on December 26th).

It's also my favorite Halloween movie, as the beginning of the movie takes places on Halloween. 

It's also my favorite Easter movie and my favorite Valentine Day movie, but I don't have a reason for that.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

You need to spend more time in the studio, or on the forum ...

As of this writing I'm doing both.

I'm on the forum, in my office that is both my job workstation (on one side of the room) and my studio (on the other side of the room).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

As of this writing I'm doing both.

I'm on the forum, in my office that is both my job workstation (on one side of the room) and my studio (on the other side of the room).

I can relate.  A little over 2 years ago I became full time remote at my work position.  My office serves both as a studio and remote work office.  Two separate computer systems, each with a set of dual monitors.   Lunch hours often become recording sessions. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

I can relate.  A little over 2 years ago I became full time remote at my work position.  My office serves both as a studio and remote work office.  Two separate computer systems, each with a set of dual monitors.   Lunch hours often become recording sessions. 

Yeah, a lot of people are doing that now. I've been trying to buy a house here in NJ. In my old hometown. The realtor I talked to said 100% of the sales she's made there in the last year were all to NYers that are now working from home. They are using their NYC salaries and coming in and bidding at least $100K over asking and paying cash. Houses that should be going for 300K are going for 400K and 450K and up and a lot of people that are from this area making local wages are leaving the state because it's raised the cost of living and taxes so much

When companies start to equalize the WAH/salary ratio it's gonna get real fugly.

I don't think I could take working from home. I sort of do now. I do all the maintenance and remodelling work at the apartment complex I'm temporarily staying at. I get in my truck and drive around almost every night just to get away. Lol.

I'd like to set up some kind of makeshift recording rig but I'd be restricted to headphones and it's not the same, for me. My ears get tired using headphones really quick and I end up increasing the volume more and more to get over the ringing in my ears. It's a viscous cycle. 😄🎧🙉

I've been working remotely since 2019. I had done that for a year before moving to the US in 2010-11.

A lot of friends reached out when the pandemic hit because they had trouble adjusting to remote work.  I couldn't imagine why they had so much difficulty - for me it's the best possible scenario, short of earning a living with music and books. I never have to leave the house except for groceries, once a week.

I have my work laptop and display on a file cabinet on wheels, tucked by the side of my desk. Come the weekend, it takes me less than 40 seconds to clock out, close everything and roll that thing out of sight in another room for the next couple of days. Otherwise, it can always be tucked in a corner when I work on music on weekdays. 

Edited by Rain

3 hours ago, Rain said:

I've been working remotely since 2019. I had done that for a year before moving to the US in 2010-11.

A lot of friends reached out when the pandemic hit because they had trouble adjusting to remote work.  I couldn't imagine why they had so much difficulty - for me it's the best possible scenario, short of earning a living with music and books. I never have to leave the house except for groceries, once a week.

I have my work laptop and display on a file cabinet on wheels, tucked by the side of my desk. Come the weekend, it takes me less than 40 seconds to clock out, close everything and roll that thing out of sight in another room for the next couple of days. Otherwise, it can always be tucked in a corner when I work on music on weekdays. 

I'm a  national operations manager and my job consist of holding meetings with our Branch locations all over the US and Canada.  So, for me, it makes total sense to not go to an office when my office is really MS Teams.   I travel quite a bit, so I am still face to face with people as well.  

At this stage in my career, I find working from home to be a huge blessing.  I also have the discipline to do so.  I might not have had that discipline in my younger years.   Eliminating 2 hours of travel and replacing that with sleep has been great for my overall health.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, michaelhanson said:

I'm a  national operations manager and my job consist of holding meetings with our Branch locations

Just tell them all that meetings are for people who can't make their own decisions, so if they need to have a meeting then they're clearly not up to the job.

Easy Problem Solving powered by Paulo™.

• Haha 3