Hi Barbie 🖐

Bapu

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Just tell them all that meetings are for people who can't make their own decisions, so if they need to have a meeting then they're clearly not up to the job.

Easy Problem Solving powered by Paulo™.

I wish it were that easy.    The problem is that they can all make there own decisions, but then they vary from staying with national standards.  😀   Our customers expect the same experience at NAMM or CES.  

17 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

I wish it were that easy.    The problem is that they can all make there own decisions, but then they vary from staying with national standards.  😀   Our customers expect the same experience at NAMM or CES.  

In that case tell them that there's still no need for a meeting because the appropriate course of action has already been decided by the corporate overlords. Get with it or get out. 

Easy Problem Solving powered by Paulo™.

• Haha 1

I sent all of our employees home during Covid and when I opened the office back up as an option I never went back in. We never hired remote before Covid but we got good at it and by the time I sold in June over a 3rd of our 62 employees were out of state. It let us add a lot of talent we could find locally. 

while I liked working from home and people can be productive there definitely something lost in collaboration and communication.  As with anything it’s all trade offs. 

we operated using the EOS model called Traction. It allowed manage remote withouut micromanaging or being taken advantage of. 

Now that I’m retired I absolutley don’t miss spending most of the day in zoom meetings!

• Like 1

I played darts at very high levels going back to 1979.  I stopped playing during the Covid BS when the league went to using cameras and staying at home (and the tournaments were put on hold).  I've only played once since (about three years now).  Humans weren't meant to be isolated. 

That said, I also don't believe that forcing everyone to go into an office for set hours every day of the work week is the most productive either!  I'm much more in favor of having a couple of "in office" days for all that that type of interaction, then working from home on the other days.

Right now, I work for myself from home and it doesn't matter when I work so, when I'm awake I get a lot done and when I'm tired I take a nap!  I get WAAAAY more done in less time than if I were in an office!  So much so that I only charge by the project and never by the hour. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, craigb said:

I played darts at very high levels going back to 1979.  I stopped playing during the Covid BS

As long as it was higher than 2 metres you would have been fine. Covid can't travel further than 2 metres.

I thought everyone knew that.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1