Tone Junkie capture sets up to 90% off (Kemper, Helix, ToneX, etc.)

TheSteven

• TheSteven changed the title to Tone Junkie capture sets up to 90% off
  • TheSteven changed the title to Tone Junkie capture sets up to 90% off (Kemper, Helix, ToneX, etc.)
24 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I wish that they had some sound demos on their site but I guess the lack hasn't hurt their sales.

They put out videos for pretty much every pack they offer, just need to check youtube

https://www.youtube.com/c/ToneJunkieTV/videos

As for trying them out, I have all of them.  

The Marshall Astria and the Bad Cat 30 are arguably his best captures.   I'm a massive Trainwreck fan - so I'd grab that too as no-one else has a commercial pack of one.  That said, it doesn't hold a candle to some Trainwreck captures I've done - but it is also a different model and on-sale I'd say worth getting.

I'll also add that Amalgam Audio does really high quality work and I have about half of those (would have more but the cost really adds up 

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

They put out videos for pretty much every pack they offer, just need to check youtube

https://www.youtube.com/c/ToneJunkieTV/videos

As for trying them out, I have all of them.  

The Marshall Astria and the Bad Cat 30 are arguably his best captures.   I'm a massive Trainwreck fan - so I'd grab that too as no-one else has a commercial pack of one.  That said, it doesn't hold a candle to some Trainwreck captures I've done - but it is also a different model and on-sale I'd say worth getting.

I'll also add that Amalgam Audio does really high quality work and I have about half of those (would have more but the cost really adds up 

Is it cheeky to ask if you have shared your captures on ToneNet? 🙂

There are a couple of free captures of a Trainwreck Express M25  by Tone Junkie.  Search for:  TJ Twreck Express   on ToneNet.

One of the captures uses a 4X12 Greenback cab. The tone leans toward a Marshall  with Greenbacks.  Haven't played a real Trainwreck and don't know if the sound is authentic. 

Edit: I listened to TJ YouTube video for this amp.  For my needs, I found the capture sounded a bit better with a slightly lowered input signal (using humbuckers).  It still has a nice grind.

Edited by Tom B
more observations

Tone Junkie stuff is ok, I have all of them, but I much prefer Amalgam Captures, I have all of them, or Jason Sadites, also have all of them, to me they are a little higher up the ladder than Tone Junkies.

Amalgam Audio's last 3 releases, the 3 releases after the Fender Machete are rockin', not that the Machete or any others aren't, a bit off the beaten path witch is a good thing. Amalgam and JS I just buy them as they come.

Keemosawbe has some nice stuff on his site, I got a couple of his packs which are very good,

heaps of other stuff, one or two packs from here or there.

The world abounds with Gems, good times.

I'm a Kemper user.  I picked up the Tone Junkie everything pack for 100% off a couple years ago.  Just happened to be checking email when the promo came up.   Between those profiles and the stock Michael Britt profiles...I just don't have any desire to chase any other tones.  It's all there for me.  I try really hard to not go down the rabbit hole any further...lol.

Those new Michael Britt freebie liquid profiles are ridiculous.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, heath row said:

I much prefer Amalgam Captures

I have the Carr Mercury pack forTonex and it's excellent. I'll eventually pick it up for the Quad Cortex as well. I wish they had better sales, it's usually buy 2 get one free. Tone Ranger has some nice captures but only for the Quad Cortex.

6 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Is it cheeky to ask if you have shared your captures on ToneNet? 🙂

I have not shared any of the Trainwreck captures.  The owner of the amp may look to sell them directly or see what a deal with the signature line would look like.  

The amp is far more rare than those dumbles in the signature pack.

6 hours ago, Tom B said:

There are a couple of free captures of a Trainwreck Express M25  by Tone Junkie.  Search for:  TJ Twreck Express   on ToneNet.

One of the captures uses a 4X12 Greenback cab. The tone leans toward a Marshall  with Greenbacks.  Haven't played a real Trainwreck and don't know if the sound is authentic. 

Edit: I listened to TJ YouTube video for this amp.  For my needs, I found the capture sounded a bit better with a slightly lowered input signal (using humbuckers).  It still has a nice grind.

The Express amp TJ has is a master volume amp and design Ken Fischer never actually made.  The design was made from things he came up with and made recently by the person building wrecks under the brand.  

Agree to grab the free ones and see what one thinks.  But I'd also note the above as it isn't a grail wreck or anything but it is pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I have not shared any of the Trainwreck captures.  The owner of the amp may look to sell them directly or see what a deal with the signature line would look like.  

The amp is far more rare than those dumbles in the signature pack.

Thanks for letting me know!

7 hours ago, heath row said:

Tone Junkie stuff is ok, I have all of them, but I much prefer Amalgam Captures, I have all of them, or Jason Sadites, also have all of them, to me they are a little higher up the ladder than Tone Junkies.

Amalgam Audio's last 3 releases, the 3 releases after the Fender Machete are rockin', not that the Machete or any others aren't, a bit off the beaten path witch is a good thing. Amalgam and JS I just buy them as they come.

I wish Amalgam's website/product info was better. I hate having to have multiple tabs open or to make notes so I can work out differences between what's included in 'essential' 'core' and 'expansion' versions

1 hour ago, Craig Fowler said:

Thanks for letting me know!

I wish Amalgam's website/product info was better. I hate having to have multiple tabs open or to make notes so I can work out differences between what's included in 'essential' 'core' and 'expansion' versions

Essential is basically the base amp captures using the default cab (3 common eq settings and the clean to dirty to lead - if applicable gain range)

Core is the same amp with DI captures (no cab baked into the preset)

Expansion is using different eq settings (thin, fat, etc)  and pedals.

They should probably make a better blurb about it, but hope that helps provide the context.  I personally wish they were all included at the same price.  😁

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Essential is basically the base amp captures using the default cab (3 common eq settings and the clean to dirty to lead - if applicable gain range)

Core is the same amp with DI captures (no cab baked into the preset)

Expansion is using different eq settings (thin, fat, etc)  and pedals.

They should probably make a better blurb about it, but hope that helps provide the context.  I personally wish they were all included at the same price.  😁

Thanks Brian - I saw (after I posted) that there is now some explanation on at least some of the expansion packs. I agree with you on price - it adds up fast if you need all varieties for an amp!

On 12/14/2023 at 10:09 PM, heath row said:

Dang it, if I wouldn't have purchased those new 3 yesterday I would have got 1 for free today, but as it turns out they just released the 'Watkins Dominator' today so no freebie for me as that's all there was left to purchase. Can't wait to load it up and go through the gears. From what I've heard it's pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, heath row said:

Dang it, if I wouldn't have purchased those new 3 yesterday I would have got 1 for free today, but as it turns out they just released the 'Watkins Dominator' today so no freebie for me as that's all there was left to purchase. Can't wait to load it up and go through the gears. From what I've heard it's pretty damn good.

Check tonenet, looks like he has a Marshall 1974x hardwired and a 59 magnatone a out to be released along with the new dominator.