UJAM Silk for 9.91€

audioschmaudio

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/3357-SILK

Plugin_Boutique_UJAM_Artwork_VG_Silk.webp.e836aededb14fc0bc1eda366bfeb3c5d.webp

Elevate and decorate your songs with more than 60 Styles, and 670 Phrases, multiple microphone positions, and custom effects. We recorded Virtual Guitarist SILK with a precious, mint condition German concert guitar built by a renowned instrument maker master in 1967. Our custom in-phase recording and editing techniques and a customized channel strip provide you access to sophisticated microphone set-ups and full control over play position and sound character.

Features

Classy nylon guitar finger picking

More than 60 Styles and 670 Phrases

Arpeggios, patterns and chord riffs

From clean and smooth to vivid fortissimo

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I don't need another Silk, but Antares Choir freebie looks interesting. Any first hand experience with it? Anyone?

I skipped the choir freebie but took the mutator freebie . Choir didn't seem worthy . If u  have brought all the rest freebie I suggest buying it from audiodeluxe to get the traction lead freebie

7 minutes ago, satya said:

I skipped the choir freebie but took the mutator freebie . Choir didn't seem worthy . If u  have brought all the rest freebie I suggest buying it from audiodeluxe to get the traction lead freebie

Is Antares Mutator also a freebie or do you mean DAWLove?

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I have it but avoid if you are anti iLok.

And if you have issues using their monolith installer - Auto-Tune Central .
I got the Antares Choir freebie with purchase but passed (at least for now) when I found that out.

Edited by TheSteven

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

And if you have issues using their monolith installer - Auto-Tune Central .
I got the Antares Choir freebie with purchase but passed (at least for now) when I found that out.

Same here.  I doubt I will install the Antares.  Loopcloud for a month probably involves information you don't want to give.

6 hours ago, satya said:

Dawsome LOVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Antaras choir

i grabbed Mutator through autotune unlimited trail in antaras website

Also lots of complaints on Anteras billing issues on their subscriptions i.e. double charging, not honoring cancelations, etc.. 
Edit: Just noticed that that complaint thread is 2 years old.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

I thought for this price, can’t go wrong. Thought I’d listen to some demos first though - maybe I’m spoiled by my Orange Tree nylon guitar samples, but I just didn’t think the Ujam one sounded very good by comparison. And for these sort of auto-accompaniment type plugins I prefer the sound of NI’s Session Guitarist picked nylon. Others may disagree! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

That is why I avoid software subs.   Too many hoops to jump through.

Never put a Sub on a credit card. Always use PayPal. When you cancel Sub, cancel auto payment agreement in PayPal as well. Problem solver, no more surprises!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

35 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I thought for this price, can’t go wrong. Thought I’d listen to some demos first though - maybe I’m spoiled by my Orange Tree nylon guitar samples, but I just didn’t think the Ujam one sounded very good by comparison. And for these sort of auto-accompaniment type plugins I prefer the sound of NI’s Session Guitarist picked nylon. Others may disagree! 

UJAM is aimed at very different users than Orange Tree Samples. UJAM targets hobbyists -- a younger demographic-- who are looking for instant gratification and are not as concerned with creating their own custom parts. In short, you can fairly say that UJAM targets hobbyist users satisfied to use loops and Orange Tree Samples targets advanced amateurs and pros who prefer to play and create their own unique progressions, strumming patterns,  licks, riffs, etc. OTS has a far higher bar for sample instrument realism than UJAM. 

UJAM Virtual Guitarist line uses loops of strums, so there's no way for a user to make custom or customized patterns. Personally,  for the loop-based approach, I think Native Instruments Session Guitarist line is the best option of the two (UJAM vs SG).  But this deal is 10 bucks, so it feels like an unfair comparison at that price point (while it's not at its regular price).

DISCLOSURE: I have consulted to OTS, Pettinhouse, SonicCouture, 8Dio, Kirk Hunter Studios and many other sample and plugin developers in past years on branding, product development and marketing strategy. I haven't done paid consulting to OTS in more than a decade, so this disclosure is probably unnecessary,  but I  want to be as transparent as possible. 

Edited by PavlovsCat