Uriah Heep Anyone?

Leadfoot

48 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Great job!  I saw them back in the 70s - they were an opening act for someone, maybe Jethro Tull, maybe Alice Cooper, I can't remember for sure.

One of the loudest guitarists I had heard at that time.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

another favorite from way back, of mine.

great cover, mick box is just a bit different than any other guitar player i heard at that time...

and trying to sing david byron, is just as hard as trying to sing freddie mercury, or elton john.

it's a task, not for the faint of heart.

gary thain is still one of my alltime favorite bass players, rip.

great job on this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bats brew said:

another favorite from way back, of mine.

great cover, mick box is just a bit different than any other guitar player i heard at that time...

and trying to sing david byron, is just as hard as trying to sing freddie mercury, or elton john.

it's a task, not for the faint of heart.

gary thain is still one of my alltime favorite bass players, rip.

great job on this one.

Thanks a lot bats! I appreciate the kind words! Yeah this is an old favorite of mine too. Some of the high background vocals were a little rough for these 53 year old vocals cords, but perseverance paid off.🤣 Gary Thain was definitely a badass on bass. They were all great in their own way. It's a shame that Mick's the only one left...  Thanks a lot man!

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

After their heyday I had a friend verbally offer me an opportunity to audition for Uriah Heep. I had visions of driving from town to town in an old van. I turned it down.

Great cover though, Leadfoot.

Thanks a lot, Ed! I remember you telling me that story a few years back. Do you ever wonder "what if"?

Hi

i also saw them in Preston when i lived in the UK in the 70s

they were amazing live 

I think you do the cover Justice , Guitar intro is spot on & the Vibrato in your voice is just right

this is a excellent cover & i am sure you are happy with the results

if you like doing covers of classic songs  What is and What should never be by Led Zeppelin 

would suit your vocal range perfectly & is also a amazing song with one of the best Bass lines ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiczyhDwuBs&list=RDLiczyhDwuBs&start_radio=1

well done

subvibe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, subvibe said:

Hi

i also saw them in Preston when i lived in the UK in the 70s

they were amazing live 

I think you do the cover Justice , Guitar intro is spot on & the Vibrato in your voice is just right

this is a excellent cover & i am sure you are happy with the results

if you like doing covers of classic songs  What is and What should never be by Led Zeppelin 

would suit your vocal range perfectly & is also a amazing song with one of the best Bass lines ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiczyhDwuBs&list=RDLiczyhDwuBs&start_radio=1

well done

subvibe

Thank you for the kind words! I was in a cover band in the 90s that did that song. Always loved it. Thanks again!

On 12/7/2023 at 6:30 PM, mark skinner said:

Listening to this brought back some Nice , long gone familiar feelings. Lets do the time warp again ..   mark

On 12/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Great cover!

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

Ya one of those sort of obscure bands I loved. Great job. Especially the drums. You really captured  that sound. 

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it!