Ki$$ as avatars????

hockeyjx

Instead of walking away with a shred of integrity(because seriously, how much integrity do you have when you dress like clowns and have a song like Love Gun?), KI$$ are now avatars in the digital realm ...another way to try to bilk people out of money.

I grew up loving the band, but by the end of the first "Farewell Tour", I had become disenchanted with them, and saw them for what they are: a mediocre band with a good gimmick. Now I know why people turned on them in the 70's.

I try to go by a simple rule when on a phone call, visit with a friend, or at a party: better to leave a little early and wish you stayed longer than overstay and wear out your welcome. KI$$ has SO worn out their welcome!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-announces-new-era-plans-to-continue-as-avatars

11 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

people turned on them in the 70's.

Yeah when that "Live" album came out, I pretty much gave up on them. I mean the hit from that album was "I wanna Rock-N-Roll All Night" and that was one of their worst songs!! But the public sucked it up!! So WTF do I know!! : )

But to give them props, those first three albums were some of the best rock to come out at that time. That first album was RAW! All the songs were hook laden, had ***** all over them, loud guitars drums and bass, vocals and harmonies that most bands would die for (and many sorely needed!! LOL). I still listen to those first three albums.

Now Destroyer was ok, but to me definitely not on par with the first three. And they just went downhill from there.

Gene and Paul are to be commended for keeping that band going and profitable for all these years. I mean the magic was gone long long ago. 

I knew I could count on you, brother!!!

I was barely done closing that chapter of my life that they were announcing the avatar BS.

Don't misunderstand me - I was expecting this - but I thought they'd let the real fans put their memories to rest.  At least for a few months. Weeks. Days...

They couldn't even let us have that. 

2 hours. That's all they gave us.

2 hours!!! Even in the most capitalistic environment, that would probably be considered heartless. 

Concession stands were at the gates even before we were even let in to say our goodbyes. F*ck 'em.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grem said:

keeping that band going and profitable for all these years.

Well, I looked at the link you posted, and now I fully understand!! I am still laughing!!

Looks like they will keep the band going! But profitable? 

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Even in the most capitalistic environment, that would probably be considered heartless. 

Yep!!

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

F*ck 'em.

Yep again!!

• Like 2

Profitable is great, but the quality of their product has plummeted. Meaning Paul's voice has been shot for at least 5 years, and they are using lead vocal and backing tracks. Set list is the same old crap from 2000 basically (and I know they have many songs they "must play", but they could rotate 3 or 4 spots in the set for some less-played classics ...though I guess when Paul NEEDS a vocal track to sing with, it would be tough.

I 100% agree with @Rain that if they had waited for a bit, say a year, then it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. I still think the idea is sh!t, and I won't pay a dime for it, and this is from a guy who has all the records and a good amount of memorabilia. No respect at all for Gene and Paul. #teamACE

image.png.4a9c4ca4dd1e46d83c18a591657ed166.png

1 hour ago, pwal said:

if abba can do it and make money why can't gene? all capitalists with a gimmick 🤷‍♂️

Part of the reason the Abba one was so successful was because they hadn't toured in 40 years, and the images were of them in their prime.

The issue I have is that instead of having the last show truly be a tribute to the band's career, maybe with Peter and Ace and others, they did this "New Age" crap at the end, which just made Gene and Paul look like the shills they are. Even from a marketing perspective alone, this was horrid timing  ...leave and let people miss you before you try to separate fans(or at this point, suckers) from their money. There were empty seats on this tour for crying out loud!

KI$$ is entitled to do what they want, but I've been out for years. This "New Age" looks corny as hell and will flop.

#teamACE

Edited by hockeyjx

I thought the clown makeup was a good idea. They might not have been noticed without it. Sometimes a gimmick is the difference. Elvis Presley shook his hips, The Beatles introduced long hair on men, Billy Idol wore a dog collar, Alice Cooper cross-dressed on their first album cover then did theatrics, Ozzy went to the dark side, Madonna performed in underwear, and so on.

I thought they were a decent band, some good songs, some fair, some I didn't care for. Pretty typical for me, there usually isn't a band that I like everything they do.

I never really followed them or bought an album, just enjoyed the songs that I heard and liked, ignored the others.

Wearing out their welcome? I don't know if that's it. What are you going to do? Retire? When you gig for a living, especially when you are loved, it's very difficult to give that up.

I'm past retirement age, and still gigging 3–5 days per week. Why would I want to stop? It's the most fun I can have with my clothes on.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Listen to the last thing Gene says!! Shows where his mind is... always!!

Whew... good thing they didn't choose "Water" after all!! They would have had a stranglehold on one of the most important markets on the planet (according to Gene anyway). Since their logo has different fonts used in it, I am not quite so sure of that comment though.

https://www.kissusa.com/pages/about

That company was founded in 1989. I cannot find any references of Gene to that company in a quick search. Again, the "K" in that logo is a custom font, so even their trucks have the registered trademark next to KISS (scroll down to the video insert at the bottom).

Edited by mettelus

15 hours ago, mettelus said:

(according to Gene anyway). Since their logo has different fonts used in it, I am not quite so sure of that comment though.

Yeah... Gene wants everyone to think they can't use the word KISS.