THE WITCH

Supa Reels

Been a bit dry on the creative side .. so been going through the back cat of my old stuff using Ozone 10

THE WITCH      SupaReels Music

There was a time, not so long ago

When she could dance in fields of grass

When the night was the only friend she knew

And no one cared and no one saw

She stole his heart on a moonlit night

He's eyes enchanted by the light

In vales of darkness she began to see

A dance of grace, then she whispered

“ Come with me” …....

Taking all the world and the hate that's in their minds

Would you really have the time to say goodbye

Thoughts now in your head for the living and the dead

You don't know what's going on behind your back

Look behind you !

Look around you!

You'll see I'm right

She showed him all mankind's history

The wars and peace, greed and harmony

Now he sees …

For way beyond the realms of time and space

he cries a tear for all those in his place

Edited by Supa Reels
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Very Dramatic !  Lots of Cool stuff happening here. I Really liked the dark feel this one portrayed.

If you're looking for any suggestions , I think I would fade the bass quicker on the outro.              Loved it ..   mark

Good call my friend 'cause I thought the same thing after mixing it ... back in the playroom me thinks tomorrow .. many thanks  〽️😉

Stay well

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:50 PM, bjornpdx said:

Sounds really good Steve. And I like how the lyrics are open to interpretation by the listener.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn, I also thought it was abstract when I wrote it, not my best but I thought it might hold the listener, And as your one my thanks for the comment.🤛

ATB

Steve

18 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

This is a great song, Steve.  Your voice has a very ethereal quality that speaks to me.  I don't remember this, so it is very fresh and chill.  Keep 'em coming, my friend!

Thanks Lynn, I have never posted this one before and interestingly it was recorded many years ago with Plat then remastered a few days ago with CB12 Pro and some new plugs.

Have I missed a few of yours ? 'cause I haven't been here for a while 😌

Stay well old friend

Steve

18 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Very Dramatic !  Lots of Cool stuff happening here. I Really liked the dark feel this one portrayed.

If you're looking for any suggestions , I think I would fade the bass quicker on the outro.              Loved it ..   mark

Hiya Mark ... all done as you suggested 🎸

Steve

On 12/9/2023 at 7:07 PM, ABull said:

Hey, this sounds very well put together -- the mix is good as are the performances. Only nit is that to me it sounds a bit too bright and the mix could use a bit of breathing room -- good work :) -- Allan.

Hi,

I have started using Ozone plugs on the master bus recently , technically it seems OK in the playroom and on cans it was kinda OK but I'm interested in what your hearing ( or not ) as I'll change the overall mix 📣

Anyway I really appreciate the suggestion and your time .. many thanks

Stay well

Steve

On 12/9/2023 at 9:27 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Pretty damn good Steve, Killer Bass sounds.! I like the lyrics and love the mood of the piece. As always the music is first rate!

When one of your most loved songwriters here, say 'Pretty damn good ', makes you feel 'pretty damn good ' inside so many thanks Kevin for the compliment 9_9

Stay well mate

Steve

On 12/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, Wookiee said:

Could just me not being new to my new studio layout but I found the bass just a little to forward in the opening phase, other than that very nice mix.

Could be the just new layout mate .. Thanks for the comment though

Stay well

Steve