Not $10 but a flute is a flute

Bapu

FLUTE WARS!!! ;)

Oh, this is awkward. 

And, Bapu, your thread title literally made make me crack up. I'm good friends with Greg (Orange Tree Samples) and I'm also friends with Tawnia (8Dio/SoundPaint).  I didn't know that Greg had a flute coming out (OTS has another flute library that's superb, BTW, like all of their libraries).  And no, these developers are all really nice people and it's not really flute wars, just me finding the idea funny.  I'm definitely going to be using the phrase "flute wars" in texts to both of them because that's how I roll.  It's clearly a great time to be in the market for a flute library. Orange Tree Samples doesn't put out any libraries that aren't superb. Their libraries are as good as it gets, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I'll wait for the group buy on this one. I constantly hover around 7% in orange slices so $92.07 is not very enticing for a flute I don't really need right now.

Knowing you it’ll be “installed” before Xmas. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

I'll wait for the group buy on this one. I constantly hover around 7% in orange slices so $92.07 is not very enticing for a flute I don't really need right now.

But, what good is a group buy when you already have everything. You still have to BUY one item (the flute) to get the rest free (which are useless if you already have everything else).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fret_man said:

But, what good is a group buy when you already have everything. You still have to BUY one item (the flute) to get the rest free (which are useless if you already have everything else).

Orange Tree Samples group buys offer percentage discounts proportional to how many people sign up for the group buy regardless of how many items each buyer intends to purchase. I think you're thinking of IKM group buys where you get a number of items free with a purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm as much of a fan of OTS as anyone on here, but the demos for this sound really bad, IMO. Almost like synths imitating flutes. Lifeless and soulless.

Just me? Carry on. Don’t let Mr. Grumpface ruin your blind praise thread.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Milan said:

Orange Tree Samples group buys offer percentage discounts proportional to how many people sign up for the group buy regardless of how many items each buyer intends to purchase. I think you're thinking of IKM group buys where you get a number of items free with a purchase.

Ah, yes. I think you're right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

I gladly offer my contrasting favorable opinion. And I’m a flute player. Love playing this one. 

I play flute and many other instruments. Of my many life jobs, band director is one of them. What do you like so much about this one?

edit- do you have this in a song we could hear?

Edited by Max Arwood

2 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I play flute and many other instruments. Of my many life jobs, band director is one of them. What do you like so much about this one?

edit- do you have this in a song we could hear?

No song yet, you’ll have to wait until the holidays, Max. 
Yep, I’m a classically trained flautist (since I was 7) and not very happy with most flute libraries sonically. The one I liked the most until now was 8Dio’s Claire. 
This new one from OrangeTreeSamples pleases me more. It’s the fullness and warmth. Check out the VI Control thread, they have some added examples that may show you what I mean.