Not $10 but a flute is a flute

Bapu

Fleer - I think what bothers me most about this is the vibrato. The vibrato on a flute,  is not tremolo only, like in this library. That is what sounds bad. A flute always has pitch change in the vibrato. The air pulses hard and soft for the vibrato and creates the tremolo. But the fact is, if you blow harder the pitch will slightly rise and so do the formants. This patch has a GREAT tone. The recording is stellar, but the vibrato should probably be redone.  By the way, I’m still looking for the perfect vibrato plug-in. If you know one let me know. I will certainly check it out too. 

Wow, I had no idea about you being flautist.  It can be a beautiful instrument!! Thanks for the heads up on the DIo Claire flute suggestion.  I’m headed there now to check it out.  

I guess I should pm you. I did some flute recordings and the mic was WAY to close. I got too much air and the tongue air attack was really loud and bad. I have tried every compressor under the sun, with no luck. I was going to get the demo of smart DeEss to see if it would help. 

Thanks,

Max

• Like 1

I just had to post one more time. 

Just wow. I figured this would cost hundreds. I was shocked. Thanks again Fleer!!

What does Bapu say - got it! The only thing I don’t like is that when long sustained notes decrescendo, the vibrato should lessen. Otherwise very good. 

Edited by Max Arwood
Added got it’
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Fleer - I think what bothers me most about this is the vibrato. The vibrato on a flute,  is not tremolo only, like in this library. That is what sounds bad. A flute always has pitch change in the vibrato. The air pulses hard and soft for the vibrato and creates the tremolo. But the fact is, if you blow harder the pitch will slightly rise and so do the formants. This patch has a GREAT tone. The recording is stellar, but the vibrato should probably be redone.  By the way, I’m still looking for the perfect vibrato plug-in. If you know one let me know. I will certainly check it out too. 

Wow, I had no idea about you being flautist.  It can be a beautiful instrument!! Thanks for the heads up on the DIo Claire flute suggestion.  I’m headed there now to check it out.  

I guess I should pm you. I did some flute recordings and the mic was WAY to close. I got too much air and the tongue air attack was really loud and bad. I have tried every compressor under the sun, with no luck. I was going to get the demo of smart DeEss to see if it would help. 

Thanks,

Max

Flute is the most annoying to record.  Look at available mics just for flute and they are not designed by flute players.  I seen a flute that when into the headjoint which means removing the cap an cork.