Cherry Audio PS-20 free with Beat 01/24

satya

I haven't bought the magazine in probably a year. Where's the best place to buy it --Falke Media?  Do they still let people who only buy a single issue access all the downloads? I ask because I thought the publisher wrote something about making the downloads for subscribers only, but I'm not sure. 

I have bad luck with freebies lately. I already own this.

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Do they still let people who only buy a single issue access all the downloads?

If you mean all downloads, including the downloads for all the back issues, no. People who buy a single issue only have access to the downloads for that issue.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kirean said:

There's also a voucher code in the magazine that gives you, within the next three days, the chance to get Melda's full MSoundFactory for $82.

Why within the next three days? Where does it say that?

You also get the upgrade cheaper with the code. 68€ from MSoundFacotry LE.

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I haven't bought the magazine in probably a year. Where's the best place to buy it --Falke Media?

you can buy them at Plugin Boutique and so get a freebie with ; this month issue should be available at PB in 1 week or 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Why within the next three days? Where does it say that?

You also get the upgrade cheaper with the code. 68€ from MSoundFacotry LE.

That's how long Melda's Cyber-deals lasts. The code gives 50% off the current price, so I think the price will be ~€149/$181 come Monday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I haven't bought the magazine in probably a year. Where's the best place to buy it --Falke Media?  Do they still let people who only buy a single issue access all the downloads? I ask because I thought the publisher wrote something about making the downloads for subscribers only, but I'm not sure. 

I get my subs from Zinio. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I have bad luck with freebies lately. I already own this.

If you mean all downloads, including the downloads for all the back issues, no. People who buy a single issue only have access to the downloads for that issue.

No, I thought it was Beat that once made an announcement that they were limiting their magware freebies to subscribers only.  So knowing that's currently not the case, I definitely want to pick up this issue. I love the sound of vintage Korg synths. I used to own a DW-6000 (yes, I wanted the DW-8000, but couldn't afford it) and another Korg (I can't  recall the model) back in the day. I've always loved their sound, but also owned Rolands, Yamahas and other synths. 

EDIT: @satya I just got the magazine and picked up the PS-20. Thanks for posting the deal! 

Edited by PavlovsCat

23 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

When I went to access the Beat magazine downloads last month I got a malware warning (from Malwarebytes Browser Guard I think). I can't imagine there would be a problem there but it frightened me off! 

I'm sure it's a false positive and this developer, Cherry Audio makes some really nice plugins. I think this one regularly goes $49 USD, but is presently on sale for $29USD, so getting it free with the magazine is a superb deal. I'm pretty excited about it. If you like that vintage Korg sound, you should pick it up. 

EDIT: I just installed the PS-20 and I really like it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

Single issues also available on Overdrive/Libby with a local public library membership here in the U.S.  Took them a while to post the English edition, the German version of the magazine went up last week.

Just played through some presets briefly, it sounds so good, definitely worth picking up. I really like all the Cherry audio stuff I've tried.