Sonar

Jeremy Oakes

I think I filled that in last June! 
I also did Next. I think it was just data gathering because in the end they just stuck the link for Next in plain site on the Web page. I most certainly never got any emails. 
And by the looks of the type of people posting on Discord they are mostly 100 % newbies who have never used a DAW before and are looking for a freebie. Most are unaware that it is for testing and evaluation. Bandlab is playing weird game for sure. 
If filling in all that junk actually leads anyone here to a download of Sonar Beta let me know. 

Edited by John Vere

On 11/23/2023 at 2:16 AM, John Vere said:

I think I filled that in last June! 
I also did Next. I think it was just data gathering because in the end they just stuck the link for Next in plain site on the Web page. I most certainly never got any emails. 
And by the looks of the type of people posting on Discord they are mostly 100 % newbies who have never used a DAW before and are looking for a freebie. Most are unaware that it is for testing and evaluation. Bandlab is playing weird game for sure. 
If filling in all that junk actually leads anyone here to a download of Sonar Beta let me know. 

Elderly moment, or the time machine playing up ? (I get them sometimes !

It is indeed for the Sonar Beta.

J

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

Does anyone actually have the beta then? 

So far it is only NEXT thats in BETA mode that i know of. I'm scanning the forum and Cakewalk.com far and low for the Sonar release everyday almost. Nothing so far. 

Really hope it would be a BLACK FRIDAY release, but nara. Its saturday already.

Anyway, anyday now . . . 

Screenshot_20231125-082532_Chrome.thumb.jpg.57e2fb47d4d2862d5c71cf2a745d7b7b.jpg

That’s what I thought. That info @Jeremy Oakes posted is old news from a long while ago. 
And as I said I signed up for beta test of both Sonar and Next and was never notified about Next. I got that here on the forum.

So the application for beta testing is 100% data gathering. You will probably still get to try Sonar beta even if you don’t apply. At least that’s what happened with Next. 

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

That’s what I thought. That info @Jeremy Oakes posted is old news from a long while ago. 
And as I said I signed up for beta test of both Sonar and Next and was never notified about Next. I got that here on the forum.

So the application for beta testing is 100% data gathering. You will probably still get to try Sonar beta even if you don’t apply. At least that’s what happened with Next. 

No, the June was for Next, this one is for Sonar.

Whatever.......

• Like 1

Yes! It's true!

They are accepting applications for doing Sonar Beta!

This just opened. This is not the beta for Next.

I signed up as fast as my typing would allow! It's coming!!!

🙂 Happy camper... Excitment rising...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keni said:

Yes! It's true!

They are accepting applications for doing Sonar Beta!

This just opened. This is not the beta for Next.

I signed up as fast as my typing would allow! It's coming!!!

🙂 Happy camper... Excitment rising...

Thanks Keni, maybe the doubters will now believe  !!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Thanks Keni, maybe the doubters will now believe  !!!

Yes, maybe...

I don't sweat it... I'm too busy being excited that it's this much closer to on my desktop!

I'm praying with all my heart that they accept me for beta testing.... One never knows! 😉

Just now, msmcleod said:

Just be aware guys, this is a holiday weekend in the US, so there will likely be a delay in getting through all the applications / NDA's.

Thanks Mark!

Congrats! Kudos! Happy Everything!

I hope you and the Bakers all had wonderful holidays and with much excitement congratulate all of you on getting this happening!

This part of the wait is faaar easier! Waiting extra days or even weeks or such after waiting with no progress bar! 😉

I'm hoping I get accepted for testing. I'm so looking forward to this!

Glad Sonar beta is ready now for testing.

And I am glad that the Bakers did not simply push it to Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but rather release it when it is truly ready.   In the meantime, Cakewalk by Bandlab is great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

No, the June was for Next, this one is for Sonar.

Whatever.......

OK I stand corrected. It was sooo long ago.  But still as I said even if you don’t put in this application the Beta version will be public if they repeat what they are doing with Next. 
And we’ll see if they also use Discord.