Universal Audio UAD Signature Edition Crossgrade from ANY other UAD Bundle ($142.50)

MusicMan

Avid Technology Acquires Universal Audio, Expanding Its Portfolio of Audio Solutions for Media Creators**

Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID), the leading technology provider that powers the media and entertainment industry, today announced that it has acquired Universal Audio, Inc., a renowned developer of audio interfaces, analog recording hardware, and UAD audio plug-ins for Mac and Windows. The acquisition will enhance Avid’s offerings for music production and audio post-production, enabling customers to access a wider range of tools and solutions for their creative needs.

Universal Audio is the world’s leader in Thunderbolt audio interfaces, offering the acclaimed Apollo and Volt series of products that deliver professional studio sound quality and performance. Universal Audio also produces the award-winning UAD plug-ins, which emulate the sound and behavior of classic analog hardware from brands such as Neve, SSL, API, and more. Additionally, Universal Audio offers high-quality microphones, such as the Sphere series, which capture the sounds of the greatest mics ever made, and UAFX pedals, which provide sonic authenticity and vintage tones for guitarists and musicians.

Avid plans to integrate Universal Audio’s products and technologies into its existing portfolio of audio solutions, including Pro Tools, Media Composer, Sibelius, and Avid NEXIS. Avid will also continue to support and develop Universal Audio’s standalone products and services for its loyal customer base. Avid expects the acquisition to be accretive to its revenue, earnings, and cash flow in 2024 and beyond.
“We are thrilled to welcome Universal Audio to the Avid family,” said Jeff Rosica, CEO and President of Avid. “Universal Audio has a long history of innovation and excellence in the audio industry, and we share a common vision of empowering media creators with the best tools and solutions. By combining our strengths and expertise, we will be able to offer our customers a more comprehensive and integrated audio workflow, from creation to delivery.”

“Joining Avid is a natural and exciting step for us,” said Bill Putnam Jr., CEO and Co-founder of Universal Audio. “Avid is a leader in the media and entertainment space, and we have a great respect for their products and their team. We believe that together, we can create more value and opportunities for our customers, partners, and employees, and deliver more amazing sound to the world.”
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2024, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Avid will provide more details on the financial and strategic benefits of the acquisition on its next earnings call.
-----------

• Like 8

Universal Audio

Official UA Representative - Drew Mazurek

Nov 10, 2023

Hi all,
I have gotten our upgrade offers fast-tracked. Support has coupons available for these users that allow:

Creative to upgrade to Producer for $50.
Mix to upgrade to Studio for $100.
Diamond to upgrade to Signature for $150.

• Like 4

And again, on Wednesday:

Hey all,
I want to add a little clarity here.

There was a time where we were going to add a FEW plugins to the Creative/Mix/Diamond and offer grace period free updates to many users. Instead, we decided to make new bundles and add TONS of new plugins to each. No one that bought the previous bundles was promised or was ever going to get ALL the plugins we added to the new bundles. The cross grades mentioned below represent a FAR greater value than the free updates we were planning at one point, and further apply to all buyers and not just some that fall into a grace period.

So all previous buyers are FOR SURE in a better place after the cross grades than they would be otherwise. I, of course, understand that some users will still say, I wish I had waited and bought Signature and not Mix or Diamond last year etc. We can all say that about almost every transaction we’ve ever made.

Here are the crossgrade offers:
Creative to upgrade to Producer for $50.
Mix to upgrade to Studio for $100.
Diamond to upgrade to Signature for $150.

These cross grades are priced at approx $8-12 per plugin.

These are obviously crazy good deals. Never before seen by us.

Drew Mazurek

The crossgrade link/deal for the Signature Edition at PluginDiscounts ($142.50)

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/universal-audio-uad-signature-edition-crossgrade-from-any-uad-bundle/

is still active - but after you check out you get the following message:

"Thanks for your order! Due to a server issue, your order could not be processed instantly. This typically happens when the manufacturer runs out of codes - usually during periods of very high volume. You don’t need to do anything on your end, as we will be notified of the issue, and your codes and download instructions will be sent via email as soon as this issue is resolved."

But the order went through and I received a confirmation.

Let's see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless Avid decides to eat this mistake, I can assure you that UA will pull licenses from anyone who didn't qualify.  They've done it before, and weeks after the promo.  So love 'em while you got 'em.

Print your FX while you can...lol.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Danny V said:

The crossgrade link/deal for the Signature Edition at PluginDiscounts ($142.50)

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/universal-audio-uad-signature-edition-crossgrade-from-any-uad-bundle/

is still active - but after you check out you get the following message:

"Thanks for your order! Due to a server issue, your order could not be processed instantly. This typically happens when the manufacturer runs out of codes - usually during periods of very high volume. You don’t need to do anything on your end, as we will be notified of the issue, and your codes and download instructions will be sent via email as soon as this issue is resolved."

But the order went through and I received a confirmation.

Let's see what happens.

Same here...
<sigh> if I waited I could have saved a bit more as I have Diamond and still an active $25 discount coupon.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Solidos said:
1 hour ago, chris.r said:

For this deal, I would have gone nuts to spend anymore cash... and I probably would :D if the ilok licenses weren't cloud only! For me that's a real bummer.

iLok USB is also an option as far as I know

Thanks! I forgot to mention the dongle because I don't do dongles ;)