Not Lost, Just Wandering

bjornpdx

Not Lost,  Just Wandering

Kind of spacy but melodic.

One of the tracks is a revised bell instrument (Omnisphere Gossamer keyboard) that I've used in other songs.
There's something about gamelan type bells and gongs that have a hypnotic effect when played in certain patterns. I was trying
for something like that here but the song kept diverging to something else. Also, I kept falling asleep.  🙂

Thanks for listening/commenting.

Omnisphere, Zebra, Pigments, Foundations Piano, AD

• Like 3

Hi Bjorn . . . you've painted something very incredible and dreamlike here, and your SoundCloud image really helps that realization. The ostinato sound through the whole piece reminds me of an African Kalimba . That background kind of moaning sound that pops and swells into the sound field is most effective, so much character that sound has ! . . .  and totally fits what you're doing musically  . . . really liked that whatever it was. Really, the whole thing, enjoyed this very much !

• Thanks 1

Bjorn , this was a Wonderful soundscape..  I got the tubular bells comment and a slight touch of Blade Runner in sections as well.   This was quite emotionially provoking and relaxing at the same time. If it were longer I could probably fall asleep also while listening.            Loved the clean mix ..      mark

• Thanks 1

Noynekker: thanks I appreciate the comment
Steve: Tubular bells, hadn't actually thought of that but yeah probably was an inspiration
Jack, Leadfoot:  thanks I appreciate the listen/comment
Mark:  hey thanks!  Appreciate the comment on the mix, something I always have trouble with
Wookie: Yep there's just something mystical about gamelan sounds imo.

-Bjorn