One more way that YouBoob sucks!

craigb

I created a video (a psychedelic montage for Bitflipper to use) and uploaded it to YouTube as a Private video (obviously meaning that the general public won't see it).

After "processing" it all night, I receive notice that my video had been blocked due to copyright claims on the audio! 🤬

The only problem is that my video doesn't have any audio (and John Cage was not the one making the claim! 😁).

Here's the video link they gave me where the claims are apparently originating from:

Note that my video uses none of their video either!

F***ing stupid! 🙄

Just another reason to use Rumble!

• Like 1

That sucks. I've had similar things happen. I took a video of my fireplace and posted as private to share with my family a couple Christmases ago. I had Christmas Vacation on TV. I got a copyright strike for it, but they still let me share it as long as it wasn't publicly visible. Here is the video. There isn't even any music, just talking.

https://youtu.be/pKeQ_5VZp00?si=4SWKasR_qWxaZ_kU

Here's the stage we'll be playing on in a couple weeks (not our gear onstage). The video wall behind the stage is where Craig's psychedelic montage will be displayed. I gotta say, he did an excellent job. I asked for dark colors, because that screen is so ridiculously bright that the band members appear in silhouette in front of it, and the stage lights are completely washed out by it.

I'm hoping the visuals will distract from the fact that the venue has the acoustics of an empty subway platform (note the stone cladding, which extends around the entire perimeter of the room - clearly for all the money they spent on this room, there was no budget for an acoustics consultant). Also note the 4 bass bins, each with dual 18's - total overkill for the size of the room. We're a classic rock and blues band, not an EDM dance party.

Quilceda_Stage.thumb.jpg.49c5396f9af8dfb7c429521b1e54e5cd.jpg

• Like 1

Can you guys see this video?  Apart from uploading it to one of my own domains (which takes Dave about a night to download! 😆 ), I'm trying it on Rumble.  I'm just curious if others can see it ok since it's an unlisted, private video that can only be seen from the following link (apparently!):

https://rumble.com/v3v2m2f-midnight-hour-background-video.html

Let me know if you can't see it for some reason! 

3 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I can see it.

Eggshellent!  (Said in my best Sean Connery voice! 😁)

Now you'll have two options:  Play it directly or cast it from a device streaming it on the internet.

And no YouBoob ads to pop up as well! 🤣

Good to know I can use the approach for others too. 😎

• Haha 1

i’m in France.
Rumble is banned there for the moment. Any chance of trying somewhere else ? If not i’ll try with a VPN from somewhere more exotic.

NOTICE TO USERS IN FRANCE

Because of French government demands to remove creators from our platform, Rumble is currently unavailable in France. We are challenging these government demands and hope to restore access soon.

Unquote.

J

• Sad 1

I stand corrected. For the heck of it I checked to see if Rumble or Bitchute were now available on my firestick last night.

Rumble is now available, Bitchute is not. It seems a lot of youtuber's are mirroring their content on all three of those platforms, some are actually saying what they want on Rumble and Bitchute and keep their blah watered down content on YouTube. I guess that's still where the money is

@craigb Gasp! Your video's not in 2K!? 😁

18 hours ago, craigb said:

Eggshellent!  (Said in my best Sean Connery voice! 😁)

Man, that waj shpot on!  

Let'sh jusht hope hij eshtate doejn't shue you for copyright infringement.

giphy.gif.44cda1e1a989a7db2947170a43c2777b.gif

Edited by Rain
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, craigb said:

Can you guys see this video?  Apart from uploading it to one of my own domains (which takes Dave about a night to download! 😆 ), I'm trying it on Rumble.  I'm just curious if others can see it ok since it's an unlisted, private video that can only be seen from the following link (apparently!):

https://rumble.com/v3v2m2f-midnight-hour-background-video.html

Let me know if you can't see it for some reason! 

Rumble.com is blocked here in France.

EDIT: Just saw @Jeremy Oakes post, so nevermind.

Edited by John Maar

14 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I see it, and if I were a performing member of Midnight Hour, I'd be watching the visuals, and the audience would be seeing my backside. 

Actually, that's not far from the initial SMS response I got from our singer after I sent her Craig's link. We have a running in-joke about how she's easily distracted by shiny things. I have explicitly instructed her to not turn around while on stage, lest we risk her getting getting befuddled by the visuals. Fortunately, as a longtime professional myself, I can be counted on to remain laser-focused on the important stuff: girls in short skirts on the dance floor.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

@craigb Gasp! Your video's not in 2K!? 😁

It's in HD (1920 x 1080) which is one of the resolutions called 2k.  The file is over 11 GB in size now, can you imagine what the 4k size would be?  (Note that it's not as simple as doubling since 4k (3840 x 2160) is actually four times larger, but some storage tricks can make the file a bit smaller without impacting the quality.)

tl;dr - Yes, it IS in 2k.  😜

56 minutes ago, craigb said:

It's in HD (1920 x 1080) which is one of the resolutions called 2k.  The file is over 11 GB in size now, can you imagine what the 4k size would be?  (Note that it's not as simple as doubling since 4k (3840 x 2160) is actually four times larger, but some storage tricks can make the file a bit smaller without impacting the quality.)

tl;dr - Yes, it IS in 2k.  😜

Hmm. I only had some weird 843 x 6 something available on my cell. I noticed other vids allowed me to choose higher but that was on my TV. I didn't check your vid on my TV. Probably a limitation of my cell. 👍

We called it the "UTK Interface" when documenting service calls that turned out to be user error.

(User-to-keyboard interface)

And yes, it's common that the resolution you see on your device is streamed at a lower resolution than the original file. It may have been for bandwidth conservation, to accommodate  limitations of the target device, or even an excuse to charge extra for higher resolution (see YouTube's "1080p  Premium HD feature).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

We called it the "UTK Interface" when documenting service calls that turned out to be user error.

(User-to-keyboard interface)

And yes, it's common that the resolution you see on your device is streamed at a lower resolution than the original file. It may have been for bandwidth conservation, to accommodate  limitations of the target device, or even an excuse to charge extra for higher resolution (see YouTube's "1080p  Premium HD feature).

YouTube will let you upload anything. There are people uploading in 12K. But ... they will not let the content creators channel stream at that resolution until they have so many subscribers and so many views on their videos per month. They lock the creators account to only be able to stream in lower resolution. I've uploaded 1080 files but they have my channel restricted to only let it be viewed in 720 iirc. 

I had to go down quite the rabbit hole of forums and research until I discovered that. I thought I was doing something wrong but it's them. There are certain file types and settings within those video files that you upload that makes their conversion better and faster, but ultimately everything you upload for others to view gets converted using their streaming codecs.

They convert the video to the resolution of their choosing until you have met their demands and maintain them monthly.

I'm assuming that's why you'll see some videos with the official little 4K symbol on the thumbnail, put their by YouTube, but the max resolution you can view it is 1080. 

I had a 30 down 30 up connection in MO and I could stream in 8K. I have a 600 down 100 up here on NJ.

My cell will play 1080 HD, that's what was weird about Craig's video. I'll have to see what happens on my TV when I have time. It's 4K.

On a side note, I read this morning that Amazon is switching from Android to Linux on their next generation of Firestick's and Fire TV's.

It will make hacking it so you can load any app you want easier I would think.

Edited by Shane_B.