Studio One 6.5.1. update

Pluto Gabo

Update in DAW.

Version 6.5.1 Release Notes (November 1, 2023):
Improvements:
● Speaker Mapping in plug-in header now allows swapping channels via drag & drop
● Vertical snapping now restored when dragging Events to other Tracks
● [Linux] Warning when audio device is in use by another application
The following issues have been fixed:
● [Bit Crusher] Downsampling sounds different after reactivation
● [DAW Mode] StudioLive S-Series mixer freezing when loading song with >100 channels
● [DAWproject] Certain audio parts not time-stretched
● [Linux] Freeze when creating song from smart template with audio files
● [Linux] Graphical glitches with time cursor and animations
● [Linux] JACK and ALSA devices block each other
● [Linux] File system permission issues with shared data folders
● [macOS] Crash on right-clicking channel when another channel with pinned Overview is
selected
● [macOS] No multichannel option for AU plug-ins displayed when available
● [macOS] Potential crash when dropping many chords on instrument track
● [macOS] Potential crash when loading certain picture files
● [macOS] Video thumbnail creation can get stuck when source file contains invalid data
● [Console] Clipping indicator does not light up
● [Note Editor] "Legato" shouldn't extend Note Events to Part end in all cases
● [Pattern Editor] Text input of individual step count broken
● [ProEQ³] Toggling quality mode changes band frequency
● [Show Page] Lyrics for next song do not automatically show up in performance view
● [Surround Delay] Potential error when stepping through presets
● [Surround Panner] Changing channel focus disengages ControlLink device focus
● [Windows] "Enter" key does not insert line break in Lyrics Editor
● [Windows] GUI in certain 3rd-party plug-ins not entirely responsive
● [Windows] Macro Page commands don't use Macro Page of currently focused area
● [Video] Certain exports fail when set to Dolby AC3
● Presence XT “Artist Instruments” presets not showing up
● Audio file channel mapping not recalled
● Automation node pop-up doesn't automatically focus on data field
● Can't drag audio event with crossfade to Chord Track
● Canceling "Transform to Audio Track" of Multi Instrument does not delete all bounces
● Certain 3rd-party panner not listed as surround panner
● Crash when initializing certain Dante PCIe-R boards
● Diminished 7 chords are not recognized
● Export Spatial Audio dialog settings not stored when all checkboxes unchecked
● Lyrics display does not update when editing Lyrics events
● "Manage Plug-ins" does nothing when browser shows search results
● Merging audio events does not retain clip boundaries
● MPE Note Off is generated immediately after Note On
● Multichannel plug-in routing not correct with certain speaker setups
● Note resizing stretches part automation
● Panner open state is not recalled after loading a song
● Plug-in extension Solo not working for groups
● Potential crash when quitting the application while searching the file system
● Potential crash when switching from Atmos to Surround in Song Setup dialog
● Quantizing 50% does not move notes individually
● Renderer channel isn't expanding on double click
● Selection doesn't follow entirely when selecting empty Instrument Tracks
● Selection skips Tracks after closing a folder
● "SkyDust3D" Track Preset reloads wrong output configuration
● Surround Delay presets are not displayed after installation, manual re-indexing is needed
● Undoing "Move to Cursor" irreversibly corrupts Part Automation
● Unexpected results when multiple crossfades are edited simultaneously

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, jesse g said:

Crossgrade is from Cakewalk Sonar of course.

Upgrade is from Studio One Artist

If you need a new audio interface, consider a PreSonus. I'm on my second, an 1810c. It's a really solid unit. Studio One Artist is included with some (many? all?) of them. You can upgrade to SO Pro from that. Since v5, SO Artist includes third party VST support, so you no longer need to purchase that option. It's pretty capable on its own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

If you need a new audio interface, consider a PreSonus. I'm on my second, an 1810c. It's a really solid unit. Studio One Artist is included with some (many? all?) of them. You can upgrade to SO Pro from that. Since v5, SO Artist includes third party VST support, so you no longer need to purchase that option. It's pretty capable on its own.

I already have a focusrite 18i20 3rd edition interface.

I just want a good deal on getting the software Studio One 6+ .  

As I said already, I have Studio One Artist but the price  I don't want to pay for the upgrade is $299, which is the same price for the cross grade from Cakewalk.

3 hours ago, jesse g said:

I already have a focusrite 18i20 3rd edition interface.

I just want a good deal on getting the software Studio One 6+ .  

As I said already, I have Studio One Artist but the price  I don't want to pay for the upgrade is $299, which is the same price for the cross grade from Cakewalk.

You can also take a look at the second hand market. V6 Pro can be found for 200 or less. 

The Holiday season tends to be the best deals. There is often another one (often cheaper) done before the next version release. With current timing, that one would probably be next summer (and also outside the window to get a free upgrade to V7) when it hits. I would expect V7 to hit Sep/Oct of next year or thereabouts.

17 hours ago, John Maar said:

If you need a new audio interface, consider a PreSonus. I'm on my second, an 1810c. It's a really solid unit. Studio One Artist is included with some (many? all?) of them.

I just picked up the Revelator condenser for $59 during the second Amazon Prime Day, and the one-time software option for that was either 1) Studio One Artist (outright), or 2) Studio One + free for 6-months. While the Studio One+ is an option, it is also an (expiring) subscription, which is roughly $140/year. By comparison, Studio One Pro (once you own it) is roughly $60/year to maintain it current (typically a sale at roughly $125 or less on JRR, with the version releases every 2 years).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

The Holiday season tends to be the best deals. There is often another one (often cheaper) done before the next version release. With current timing, that one would probably be next summer (and also outside the window to get a free upgrade to V7) when it hits. I would expect V7 to hit Sep/Oct of next year or thereabouts.

I just picked up the Revelator condenser for $59 during the second Amazon Prime Day, and the one-time software option for that was either 1) Studio One Artist (outright), or 2) Studio One + free for 6-months. While the Studio One+ is an option, it is also an (expiring) subscription, which is roughly $140/year. By comparison, Studio One Pro (once you own it) is roughly $60/year to maintain it current (typically a sale at roughly $125 or less on JRR, with the version releases every 2 years).

That's been my experience, as well. I first purchased SO Pro when it was at version 2. PreSonus' version updates have added tons of new features for free, before releasing a new major version. v3  didn't last long, but v4, v5 and now v6 have all had significant in-version updates. Paying for a major version upgrade every 2+ years has cost less than a subscription, and I don't want or need a bunch of the additional stuff that comes with the subscription. Also, if a new major version doesn't offer me anything I can use, I can stick with what I currently have, without losing the license to use it.

• Like 1

Back to @jesse g's question, I am pretty sure that cross grade has dropped to roughly $183 on JRR before during the Holidays, but now I am wondering if that was specific to the Gibson debacle. That event actually happened right before BF, and a lot of vendors went out of their way to accommodate all of the SONAR refugees that year.

There is often a lot of hoopla with the .5 releases which confuses people into thinking they are another purchase, but they are included in the main versions. I never realized there even was a Dolby Atmos VST until I saw it in here on sale for $179... PreSonus gave that to us with SOP 6.5 for free. All the hype with the .5 releases may be to get new folks to onboard during the off years, but those releases tend to have a lot in them.

• Like 2