The Bennies

michaelhanson

Benny The Jet Urquidez . World Champion Kickboxer and Martial Arts choreographer .

0cd23b4edd746809e62f47fb7aad5b05.jpg&f=1

David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen  used to train and work out with Benny .

That's the secret on how they got to be so good at all those flying kicks and jumps they did on stage.

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen  used to train and work out with Benny .  That's the secret on how they got to be so good at all those flying kicks and jumps they did on stage.

Benny certainly looks like he's been kicked in the face a few times.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

That's the secret on how they got to be so good at all those flying kicks and jumps they did on stage.              

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Benny certainly looks like he's been kicked in the face a few times.

When a top ranked fighter gets older often times they start having that look .....

Here he is when he was younger and the reigning World Champion ....

Anyway I met Benny The Jet under spontaneous circumstances  a few times around No Ho ...He was very friendly to me and it wasn't because I had any special ability's . Benny was just an open friendly guy that loved to talk and tell story's about the sport   . Benny may have been super fierce in the ring but I got the impression that he genuinely  loved people and he would help them in any way he could.

I was training in North Hollywood at a well known Korean Dojang  .  This Dojang wound up being  used as a location where they  filmed a lot of the Karate School scenes in most of The Karate Kid Movies .  One of my instructors back then  was Thomas Ian Griffith who played an evil ‘Sensei’ ( the guy on the left )  in The Karate Kid 3 .

MV5BMDk4ZGU0ZTItMzRlNC00ZTk3LWFkMzUtY2Jl

At the time Thomas was also studying with Benny The Jet in addition to teaching at the Dojang  where I trained .

Every week I had to spar Thomas at the end of the class and he beat the living tar out of me all across the mat from left to right  top to bottom and every inch in between .

I could not even land one punch or kick no matter how hard I tried 😜 Whew....He could have hurt me ..but he never did !

Those were fun times ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

7 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I love it ! This thread is totally  captivating .

benny-jack-image.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8504

Kenny

1 hour ago, PhonoBrainer said:

n20a.jpg.739016b955f9380719ae53e01c28894e.jpg

What ...does having the last name of Benny and using it in this thread mean we have to get off the highway ? 🧐

Alright Phono  Brainer!  Before you force me and Jack Benny to exit highway ! You need to show us your gun and  badge  🤣

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

7 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Benny The Jet Urquidez . World Champion Kickboxer and Martial Arts choreographer .

0cd23b4edd746809e62f47fb7aad5b05.jpg&f=1

Kenny

John Cusack kicked his butt in Grosse Point Blank.
I guess they read the script.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, craigb said:

Well, those are obviously red...

Other than that, it's not very obvious to me! 🤷‍♂️

In my day reds/downers were called bennies. Unless I'm just too old and not remembering properly, and since I was not a druggie ever.

17 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

shopping.thumb.jpeg.c931af06e8abebff06079d576e3af509.jpeg

Nice gun and badge !

While I have your attention I think it is only fair to inform you our delivery associate  mistakenly got off at the wrong exit and missed  the Rochester 490 Exit 20 A  . We are sorry for the delay in delivering your special order sheriffs police horse.

19 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

n20a.jpg.739016b955f9380719ae53e01c28894e.jpg

We estimate your delivery will arrive tomorrow before 12 noon.  Please make sure there is someone home to sign for your Special Pony .

mXGVUAl.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz