The Middle East Dance

steve@baselines.com

I am so sick of weak leadership leading to tragedy and travesty.  I hope the mood(s) in this song conveys my up and down feelings.  Music is my most efficient method of communication, and if that fails, then I guess I have nothing,

The Middle East Dance - A new song in the classical genre. - Baselines Designs

https://baselines.com/?p=6921

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, treesha said:

Yes the music conveys a lot of emotion, ups and downs as you say. Its a moving piece and sounds very good as far as the instrumentation and mix. I too was educated by Sisters of Saint Joseph a zillion years ago ! Seems we both survived.

Hi Treesha - thank you very much!

I don't know whether I will ever recover from St Joseph.  I had one of the nuns completely empty my messy desk onto the floor and call me worse that St Thomas Aquinas in front of the whole class in the 4th grade.  It put the fear of God and Nuns deep in my soul LOL!  I still have nightmares.

• Haha 1

Steve , this is an Amazing production. Great work on the keys . I am hearing a slight click or pop I think produced by the bass at 2:41 ,  2:43 and a minor one just before that. Bear in mind this was an earbud listen on a laptop. 

Thanks for posting the history of the conflict. I've always been confused about it and after reading the first half , it's not a lot clearer. I'll read it to the end a couple of times and see if it becomes clearer. There is a Lot to take in to see the Big picture.     I Very much enjoyed the production.        mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Steve , this is an Amazing production. Great work on the keys . I am hearing a slight click or pop I think produced by the bass at 2:41 ,  2:43 and a minor one just before that. Bear in mind this was an earbud listen on a laptop. 

Thanks for posting the history of the conflict. I've always been confused about it and after reading the first half , it's not a lot clearer. I'll read it to the end a couple of times and see if it becomes clearer. There is a Lot to take in to see the Big picture.     I Very much enjoyed the production.        mark

Hi Mark thank you - there is a click in there - I should really have  removed it, but got lazy.  Maybe I will fix that.  You are totally right about the history as well - nothing is truly clear about it, just a few dates when it boils over.  I guess you really need to live it to fully understand.

Steve

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:55 AM, mark skinner said:

I went back in and I think fixed it - you were right, much happier now!

• Like 1

You must have fixed it --- I did not hear a pop!  This is indeed an impressive piece of music. The synopsis on the region was appreciated also.  I did have to go back a couple of time and listen to the music as I got distracted by the music.

It struck me as sad that for at least 6 millennium Europe and the mid-east have experienced wars.  In many of these times it has been among different factions of those who all worship the God of Abraham.  The unfortunate result of all these wars is that it is the average citizens, trying to make a living and survive,  who are the ones that suffer the most.  --Bless the peace makers--

Excellent music and historical summary.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, freddy j said:

You must have fixed it --- I did not hear a pop!  This is indeed an impressive piece of music. The synopsis on the region was appreciated also.  I did have to go back a couple of time and listen to the music as I got distracted by the music.

It struck me as sad that for at least 6 millennium Europe and the mid-east have experienced wars.  In many of these times it has been among different factions of those who all worship the God of Abraham.  The unfortunate result of all these wars is that it is the average citizens, trying to make a living and survive,  who are the ones that suffer the most.  --Bless the peace makers--

Excellent music and historical summary.

Yes - rather than go back in and fix/remaster, I just used RX10 - I thought maybe it would do damage somewhere else in the song, but it seemed to work out well with the de-click module.

The thought of all those poor 'normal' people (throughout the world) that are affected by war without having any involvement in it at all really just makes me sick.  In the US, I think people lose sight of how great they actually have it - even on awful days we don't even come close to what those people are going through - and it's not their fault!

Nice mix as ever Steve works on the cans.

Regarding you notes on the conflict, I thought the conflict went back little further to when that old chap Moses came over the hill and said hey guys this is the promised land, pointing down to the land occupied by the Palestine's, I may be wrong.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 1:51 PM, Wookiee said:

Nice mix as ever Steve works on the cans.

Regarding you notes on the conflict, I thought the conflict went back little further to when that old chap Moses came over the hill and said hey guys this is the promised land, pointing down to the land occupied by the Palestine's, I may be wrong.

Thanks Wookiee - you are probably right - or maybe even before that!

Steve