Plugin Boutique Core Collection Complete Collection by Plugin Boutique

cclarry

30 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Looks like they are reskinned SoundSpot plugins. I received an upgrade email that contained the following info:

image.png.3c7b8c2b37a02a414b95ee80a4e3e591.png

Guess I was right (first reply).

What is the email offer?  Many of these plugins used to be $2.

(edit - I just got an email too - though only for 2 of the upgrade coupons - $5 each though I own more that I'm betting these things are based on).

Upgrade price of $5 is assumably more than I paid for each of them other than Union which was likely a few bucks more (though they didn't send me a discount code for that cross over)

Edited by Brian Walton

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Guess I was right (first reply).

What is the email offer?  Many of these plugins used to be $2.

(edit - I just got an email too - though only for 2 of the upgrade coupons - $5 each though I own more that I'm betting these things are based on).

Upgrade price of $5 is assumably more than I paid for each of them other than Union which was likely a few bucks more (though they didn't send me a discount code for that cross over)

I got an upgrade for Union. The new plugin is called WaveOSC and the coupon was for $9. 

I also got upgrades for Hiku to Exceed, Ravage Lite to DriveLE, and Velo 2 to PeakLimit. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I received an upgrade email that contained the following info . . . .

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Many of these plugins used to be $2.

I got the e-mail.  Looked up invoices / orders.  November 2021.  Mine was a 5 for $5 bundle (Kara, Ravage, Nebula, Oracle, Glitch), but the upgrade coupons are for Kara --> RezDelay and Ravage --> DriveMod. The 5 for $5 perk was a free AAS sound pack. Not sure what sound pack it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vst0nE said:

so soundspot got bust, we cant download and use it and authorize anymore as bought at soundspot website and PB now charging for updates more then when we bought it?

very fishy, and ennoying

Oh that could get interesting.. I think I bought through Plugin Boutique and my understanding was that they took over the activation side. I don't know if SoundSpot sold everything to Plugin Boutique, or just gave them the assets, i.e. code / IP for the plugins, but might be worth contacting PiB if you ever need to activate again and see what they say and if they can help.

For anyone who bought the Soundspot plugins through Plugin Boutique:

A while ago PB added License key installers (instead of the online activation through Soundspot servers) to the Installers of Ravage, VELO 2, Union, FAT 2 & Nevo. (Those are the only ones that needed an activation)

You can still download the Installers for any Soundspot plugin that you own in your PB account, I just checked.

Regarding the reskins: The pricing is ridiculous. Not only that, you will now need to install another one of those download managers, in this case Beatport Access...

• Like 3

As I read somewhere on the internets (source, trust me bro), the bad rep Soundspot gets is weird. According to this source Soundspot is under the same corporate umbrella as Baby Audio. As a matter of fact, Denise Audio, Baby Audio and Soundspot are the same developer, same DSP, same team etc. I can definitely see some resemblance between Baby and Denise. But can you say 'let's do some very bad coding and call it Soundspot'? Is that how coders works?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

As I read somewhere on the internets (source, trust me bro), the bad rep Soundspot gets is weird. According to this source Soundspot is under the same corporate umbrella as Baby Audio. As a matter of fact, Denise Audio, Baby Audio and Soundspot are the same developer, same DSP, same team etc. I can definitely see some resemblance between Baby and Denise. But can you say 'let's do some very bad coding and call it Soundspot'? Is that how coders works?

I can't speak too much to most of that, but it would be interesting to know they're all one and the same.

But on the bad rep, I stumbled across this one and thought it was funny... (Copied the relevant parts from KVR)

OP: So I've reached out to SoundSpot some time ago about Apple Silicon support but didn't receive any answer. Anyone knows if the developer continues to support its products?

Response1: No plugin is futureproof - any plugin company could go bankrupt and your licenses stop working.

Response2: soundspot plugins aren't even present-proof

if PB took it over from soundspot they should  accept our purchased licenses from soundspot website

paying more for updates than it was purchased for is nonsense

anyone contacted PB about it?

Edited by Vst0nE

14 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I can't speak too much to most of that, but it would be interesting to know they're all one and the same.

But on the bad rep, I stumbled across this one and thought it was funny... (Copied the relevant parts from KVR)

OP: So I've reached out to SoundSpot some time ago about Apple Silicon support but didn't receive any answer. Anyone knows if the developer continues to support its products?

Response1: No plugin is futureproof - any plugin company could go bankrupt and your licenses stop working.

Response2: soundspot plugins aren't even present-proof

Have they made anything new recently? Could be an abandoned brand which got a bad rep and they just decided to start something new instead of trying to fix their name. Which is logical.