REAPER 7 is released

pbognar

1 hour ago, heath row said:

Yes I have them both as well. Still got a couple of Hard Copy books I bought for REAPER v2.

I bought my first license when Reaper was in v4, so it was good through 5.99. I bought a new license for v6/v7. I expect that to be good for at least 2 more years. Maybe longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

I bought my first license when Reaper was in v4, so it was good through 5.99. I bought a new license for v6/v7. I expect that to be good for at least 2 more years. Maybe longer.

I'm on the same cycle as you John.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pcampos said:

You don't need mono tracks in Reaper, that is why that will never happen.

It's nice that you know what I need! 😄

No, seriously mono tracks makes sense with the use of plugins! Even if you can set VST3 plugins to use only one channel this is a PITA to set it for each plugin and you cannot do it for VST2 plugins. And the overhead of stereo (if you really don't need it) is essential with some plugins. Sometimes it blows up the interface needlessly!

Well, actually with the way Reaper handles audio media there shouldn't be a noticeable overhead with the way it handles mono sources. You can search about mono tracks in Reaper forums and there you will find lots of explanations and information regarding the topic. But as I said, you (meaning Reaper users) don't need a special Mono track in order to work with mono sources/plugins. That is why Reaper will never have that kind of tracks. Actually Reaper will never have any sort of track 'types'.

They have finally implemented "compatible" with Cakewalk takes system... Not that previous one was bad, but for me it always was let say inconvenient (probably just because I was used to Cakewalk approach).

70€... well, the last time I have payed was more then 1899 days ago ;)

• Like 1

Another update:

v7.01 - October 19 2023
  + Actions: report toolbar button feedback for deprecated mouse modifier actions [p=2721945]
  + Comp areas: fix some potential undo glitches [p=2722176]
  + Comp areas: improve behavior when copying regions that contain comp areas
  + FX containers: do not migrate modulation/linking to parent when pasting/moving FX [t=283626]
  + Grid: respect 'measure' grid setting when splitting item on grid, moving cursor by grid, etc [p=2722052]
  + JSFX: fix performance issue with gain reduction scope resized very small [t=282577]
  + JSFX: hide loudness meter maximum value display when meter is tiny [t=283539]
  + Lanes: display comping button on razor edits in fixed lane tracks even if there is only one lane
  + Lanes: do not display comping button on razor edits when fixed lanes have been hidden
  + Lanes: improve behavior when moving/copying items between tracks with collapsed lanes [t=283682]
  + macOS: fix default theme font
  + Parameter modulation: fix parameter linking when copying FX to tracks with existing FX [t=282137]
  + Paste: fix pasting multiple media items into empty project with setting enabled to paste into separate tracks
  + ReaScript: correct GetMediaTrackInfo() parameter from "I_LANESCOLLAPSED" to "C_LANESCOLLAPSED" [p=2722531]
  + ReaScript: fix setting of FX param.X.plink.effect
  + ReaSurroundPan: optimize initialization process
  + Super8: fix possible audio errors when recording very long loops
  + Theme: fix squashed record arm buttons
  + Track groups: split items on grouped tracks if most of the item is within the bounds of the selected item [t=283664] [p=2719354]
  + Track panels: correct multichannel input label/tooltip [t=283594]
  + Track panels: fix hidpi text size for lane labels and TCP embedded FX labels [t=283747]
  + Track templates: warn if FX are offline on import [t=257672]
  + Video: fix video processor editor mousewheel issue on macOS
  + Visual spacers: improve behavior when adjusting track height and visual spacer height has been set to a high value [p=2722567]
  + Visual spacers: prevent envelope lane height affecting spacer size when spacer size has been customized to a large value
  + VST: fix undo point addition for some plug-ins when changing parameters via TCP controls/API [t=281778]

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Is there a way to find out how long your license is good for in Reaper other than knowing what it said before you bought it?

If you buy on day 1 or the last release of v7 it's good through the last release of v8. IOW a license is good for two versions.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Is there a way to find out how long your license is good for in Reaper other than knowing what it said before you bought it?

In the newest version of Reaper (I don't know if before) you can open "Help > About Reaper > Tab=Purchase"! There you can see how long your license is valid ("Valid through").

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:16 AM, John Maar said:

On 10/18/2023 at 1:50 AM, Bapu said:

I'm on the same cycle as you John.

I started with it early on v2, our mens'es are in sync  :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1