Steal The Light From The Trees (New Version)

Bajan Blue

Hi

As a promotion for our new album, Kiss of Storms, we re-recorded (new main vocals from Grant, tidied up instruments and a new mix and master) and have released one of our older tracks, Steal The Light From The Trees  - oh and new video as well.

I mastered this with the new Ozone 11 - trying to get to grips with all those new modules !!

by the way, Kiss of Storms is released very soon!

Hope you enjoy it

Nigel

• Like 6

Nicely polished with great space. I am liking the Indie edge vibe that's coming through on all your work. 

PS: i am digging all your guitars, iv'e always wanted a Les Paul im still suffering on a squire strat and a Tanglewood jazz box haha 

Edited by whoisp

On 10/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, Terry Carroll said:

Very well produced in every way.

Hi Terry

Many thanks for the very kind comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 10/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, Supa Reels said:

As left comment on Y/T

Steve

Hi Steve

Always appreciate your input

Cheers

Nigel

Another great production Nigel - your videos are always on point with the music.  I skipped Ozone 11 - how do you like it?  I felt that Ozone 10 wasn't really worth it for me, and I miss the fact that you can't run it standalone.  I mostly still use 9, but sometimes try 10 - it might be me, but I can't get a handle on exactly what is happening with some of those new interface modules.

I see you have been very busy with releases as I am subscribed to your channel - I don't know how you keep up with it all!

Steve

On 10/17/2023 at 5:35 PM, bjornpdx said:

I don't know how you do it, Nigel. Here's another great song and singer and story in a gorgeous video from you. Wishing you the best with your efforts.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn

Thanks for those very gracious comments - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 10/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, KSband said:

Sounds really good, great recording and mix. 

Hi Thanks KS - appreciate the very kind comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 10/19/2023 at 11:13 PM, Larry T. said:

Sounds great!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks Larry - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 10/20/2023 at 8:37 AM, whoisp said:

Nicely polished with great space. I am liking the Indie edge vibe that's coming through on all your work. 

PS: i am digging all your guitars, iv'e always wanted a Les Paul im still suffering on a squire strat and a Tanglewood jazz box haha 

Hi - thanks for this appreciated - yes my Guitars - my Guilty secret!!

These little videos have worked really well - i did them to publicize the launch of our new album - Kiss of Storms is out THIS FRIDAY !!!!!

In fact they have worked so well, I am thinking of doing a few more Guitars and a few of my Old synthesizers, like my Korg Delta, EKO P15, Yamaha SK10, Kawai 5000S and my Oberheim OB12 - more difficult to film, but could be fun!!

Cheers
Nigel

On 10/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Another inspiring track from you!  It's already hard enough keeping up with you guys.  More, please!

Hi Lynn

Thanks and always appreciated.

Now regarding New Material, our new album, Kiss of Storms is released this Friday.

13 Brand new tracks - have been busy getting all the videos finished.

Cheers

Nigel

On 10/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, freddy j said:

Enjoy it --- I certainly did.  It keeps right up with all that you have been posting.  That is:  excellent videos  matched up with excellent music/arrangements, excellent performances, etc.  Great stuff!!!

On 10/22/2023 at 9:00 PM, Ross Smithe said:

Bravo Nigel, outstanding job as always!

Hi Freddy and Ross

Thanks so much for the very kind comments - always appreciated!

Nigel

On 10/23/2023 at 10:51 AM, steve@baselines.com said:

Another great production Nigel - your videos are always on point with the music.  I skipped Ozone 11 - how do you like it?  I felt that Ozone 10 wasn't really worth it for me, and I miss the fact that you can't run it standalone.  I mostly still use 9, but sometimes try 10 - it might be me, but I can't get a handle on exactly what is happening with some of those new interface modules.

I see you have been very busy with releases as I am subscribed to your channel - I don't know how you keep up with it all!

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the kind comments.

well I have to say I wasn't quite sure of Ozone 10 or 11  at first - and I do agree a bit about not understanding fully what is going on under the "hood"

I think its new and not in Ozone 10 (if it was I missed it!)  In Ozone 11 they have added a facility to hear exactly what the module is doing - its called Delta  - now that helps a great deal especially with the new modules like Clarity.

After not much experimentation, I have to say I was very happy with the results I got with Ozone 11

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1