Patiently Waiting!

cclarry

Seriously,  at least we had the experience playing in front of audiences.  I loved playing . When I had an injury and all of that stopped, I can't begin to explain how much I miss being able to play with other musicians,  to see music I play to bring joy to people. Now, attempting to play again, two decades later and finding even a few people who enjoyed something I played is a unexpected joy (especially when it's musicians), when I can't even play very well. Is really appreciated,  but it can't compare to playing with other musicians and playing in front of an audience. And making multitrack recordings by yourself is something I've done since I was a kid, but it falls far short of the magic that happens when you interact with other musicians. To me, that's the greatest thrill of all playing music. I realize not everyone feels the same way, but for me, music is best when you collaborate. I've collaborated on two recordings since I've attempted to play again and that was the most fun I've had. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Seriously,  at least we had the experience playing in front of audiences.  I loved playing . When I had an injury and all of that stopped, I can't begin to explain how much I miss being able to play with other musicians,  to see music I play bring joy to people. Now, attempting to play again, two decades later and finding even a few people who enjoyed something I played, when I can't even play very well. Is really appreciated,  but it can't compare to playing with other musicians and playing in front of an audience. And making multitrack recordings by yourself is something I've done since I was a kid, but it still falls short of the magic that happens when you interact with other musicians. To me, that's the greatest thrill of all playing music. I suppose soloists don't feel the same way, but for me, music is best when you collaborate. I've collaborated on two recordings since I've attempted to play again and that was the most fun I've had. 

No playing in front of audiences for me, but yes about collaborating! I’m about to release my first single with another singer I met online.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

No playing in front of audiences for me, but yes about collaborating! I’m about to release my first single with another singer I met online.

Yeah, I wish I could find a good singer! Back when I was young and playing, I worked as a drummer and finally found talented musicians who believed in my originals to form a band -- I even turned down a major label signed band (Veruca Salt) -- and instead focused on my own band and for several months of trying we couldn't find a decent lead singer and I finally threw in the towel. Two decades later I've been redoing those old songs singing -- when I didn't even make the cut for my original band back in the day (I never would have considered me as the lead singer, even though a bunch of people suggested it; I sang on demos and that was it). If anyone knows of a good way to find singers to collaborate with online, I'd be very interested. I have friends who are guitarists, bassists, keyboardists, and drummers but no singers beyond a friend who's an amazing jazz singer, but I do rock (plus she's a pro). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Nope...just a bit of light humor!

Talking about light 💡 humor…..

Q: How Many lead guitarist does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. They just steal somebody else's light.

Q: How many lead singers does it take to screw in a bulb? 
A: One, to hold the bulb over their head while the world revolves around them. 

Q: How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: First they have to agree on which is better; the analog bulb or a digital bulb.

Q: How many record producers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: They are waiting for you to change the lightbulb so they can tell everyone that you couldn't have done it without them.  

Q: How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. They have machines to do that now.

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. The Keyboard player does it with his left hand.

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb? 
A: One. But the guitarist has to show him first. 

Q: How many will he say if you ask as bass player, "How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?"
A: One. Five. One. Five. One. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Any particular reason for this post that I missed? It's funny, yes. :)

Maybe they are making fun of my YouTube channel... yep 50 subscribers.  Maybe one person comments that it's good.  Maybe 2-5 thumbs up.

My singing not so great.. yep . Still working on that part.  Thinking of getting a vocoder.

Overall, been creating new songs on my YouTube channel for over 3 years now and only got 50 subscribers and if I'm lucky 200 views.

LoL.  I do this for fun, but lately I've been thinking about getting back into programming and start making plugins instead.  I've got several plugins I've been bugging people to create, but nobody wants to do it.

p.s.

https://youtube.com/@ElDiabloSongwriter

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1